Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you harm a female(s) to protect your gf/sibling

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

as i said in the other thread i would never hit a woman but these would not be women attacking they (in my mind) are animals. and therefore as i would hit any animal attacking someone i love i would hit them too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Few years ago I was out in town with my friend and her boyfriend.
    These scumbag girls just started at me for no reason - hitting, kicking, scraping me etc...
    My friend stopped them in the end (she is very tall, whereas I am only tiny!).
    But I was really annoyed that her boyfriend didn't step in.
    He said he didn't know what to do because they were girls.
    Fcuk that - they were assaulting me, for no reason, and he just stood there - what sort of man just stands there and watches like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well they want equal right...

I'm joking by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Honestly, the law is not on your side when it comes to defending people or yourself from these attacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

These scumbag girls just started at me for no reason - hitting, kicking, scraping me etc...
    Fcuk that - they were assaulting me, for no reason, and he just stood there - what sort of man just stands there and watches like?

He has absolutely no excuse, unless you, you friend and the other girls were all naked and sex toys were their weapon of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I wouldn't even hold back if they fell on the ground. Watch your ribs b*tch, here comes a size 9.

regardless of gender kicking when down is a no go. thats when a fight becomes a murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

TheZohan wrote: »
    I would subdue the attacker(s)and/or use reasonable force to stop them.

If it's multiple attackers you would have a hard time subduing folk.

Personally i'd be knocking bitches out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Hells to the yeah I would. If it was just me getting attacked however, and not someone I care about then I doubt I would be able to strike a woman/women. Silly logic I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Generally I wouldn't hit a woman, or i'd be the first person to intervene if I saw a dude hitting a woman.

This happened to the wifes brother-in-law. He was walking home after having a pint in his local and he saw a guy beating on a woman in the street. He went up and pulled the guy off the girl. Both of them turned on him and started going for him. Goes to show if you dont help you dont know what will happen, if you do help they might try beat the **** out of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Remmy wrote: »
    Hells to the yeah I would. If it was just me getting attacked however, and not someone I care about then I doubt I would be able to strike a woman/women. Silly logic I know.

I try to fight women as often as possible, trust me they are filthy fighters so you should just go hell for leather if one ever starts on you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

You never hit a lady. This type of female on the other hand is not a lady. What I'd do is start swinging and if she came charging into the swingzone, tough luck! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Honestly, the law is not on your side when it comes to defending people or yourself from these attacks.

It is if lets say they are on your property. I like the idea now that you can legally hurt (not kill) someone if they are on your property and trying to hurt you or your family. As for tge street, If its all straightened out id imagine you would get away with self defence.

fedor.2. wrote: »
    I try to fight women as often as possible, trust me they are filthy fighters so you should just go hell for leather if one ever starts on you

Really fedor? I thought you only fought cans :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Apparently men tend to try and avoid physical confrontations that aren't directed at them more than women, even when it's clearly necessary.

Read it in a book some years ago, don't know if any studies have been done to prove/disprove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I always carry an inflatable paddling pool and a few gallons of oil for just this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I wouldn't even hold back if they fell on the ground. Watch your ribs b*tch, here comes a size 9.

You have small feet :pac:

Sonics2k wrote: »
    You have small feet :pac:

Not really I'm fairly sure size 9 is the average foot size.

Size 12 here speaking ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I'd use reasonable force to get them off and get her away safely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

What is so wrong about a man hitting a woman? Despite the fact that a woman can hit a man..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Sykk wrote: »
    Following on from this thread. This is for the guys of AH

Got me thinking what I'd do if a group of women set upon my girlfriend or sister for no apparent reason...

I'm largely against physical violence in any way, especially when concerning women, but I think if this happened to me I'd probably end up hurting someone... What would you do?

Why? This whole old fashioned notion that guys aren't supposed to hit women is ridiculous. Domestic or family violence aside, I'll knock out any crazy bitch that attacks me or someone close to me thinking she's untouchable because of this nonsensical, outdated ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Following on from this thread. This is for the guys of AH

Got me thinking what I'd do if a group of women set upon my girlfriend or sister for no apparent reason...

I'm largely against physical violence in any way, especially when concerning women, but I think if this happened to me I'd probably end up hurting someone... What would you do?

No way my woman and my sisters are well able to do their own bate'in!

I'm largely against physical violence in any way, especially when concerning women

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not really a violent type but I guess technically speaking, somebody shouldn't be immune from physical retribution because they are female. If they are attacking somebody, they deserve to be hit back even if it's not as hard as you would hit a man.

Let's face it: there are plenty of women that dish it out - whether at other women or men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I've seen women slap men in the face for something trivial.

I think a lot of women take privilege on this, knowing in full knowledge that they cant be touched.

If we're into equality and being PC we should be with our rights the hammer the face off a woman if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yes of course, if they started it and won't stop.
    But only use enough force to keep them off, not beat them senseless or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

biko wrote: »
    Yes of course, if they started it and won't stop.
    But only use enough force to keep them off, not beat them senseless or anything.

Has nothing to do with gender, shouldn't be doing this anyway, as I'm sure most will agree.

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    as I'm sure most will agree.

You'd be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Skerries wrote: »

In fairness it was her role as presenter to treat them as **** (weird foreign game shows), she wasn't actually trying to kick the **** out of him.

If he wasn't up to being slapped he shouldn't have been on the show, and he should have recognised she's an actress/presenter playing a role so his response was stupid.

Also, she's HAWT so fuck him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

What is so wrong about a man hitting a woman? Despite the fact that a woman can hit a man..

I'd hit you so I suppose it is alright, tiny manchild creature:p

But in relation to the thread topic, if my mother, OH, or a close female friend (hell anyone close to me of any gender for that matter) were being attacked and in genuine danger, then I will find a way to get between my loved one and the attacker/attackers, and from that point on I would use every bit of training and fitness I possess to keep mine safe until the threat backs down, is stopped, or they put me down.

Will do everything in my power to walk away from a confrontation, but loved ones in danger draws a very quick line.

Advertisement