Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you harm a female(s) to protect your gf/sibling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Kess73 wrote: »
    ...I would use every bit of training...
    Bird watching?

:P

Joking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

These questions make me feel like I am living in the 50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I wouldn't be throwing haymakers if 1 or 2 girls set on my gf, who is a strong little fecker anyways. I'd be using force to throw them off her and chase the doirty yokes away.

If it was a vicious fight towards her by a group then I'd be dishing them out like a windmill. Don't be throwing punches if you can't take it yourself, your gender don't mean jack shìt to me then.

Very rarely I'd ever come across this scenario anyways. Even when groups of women are starting fights and slapping a lad constantly the rule is not to give them any more ammunition than they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I like to think I could hold my own in a fight (last time I checked I was about 17 and it was self-defense), but I reckon if my OH was there I wouldn't need to.
    I don't see what the bf in the OP did wrong- those little scummers went mental on his girlfriend, who was kicked to the floor (seemingly unprovoked) and he defended her. Had he not there'd be a thread giving out about him being a wuss- he reacted to his instincts and protected his loved one.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

As long as you put on a cat costume before you jump in you'll be alright :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 el sorcerino

Good God, or Allah, or Jehova, or Jebus or whatever....
    Regardless of race or colour, if those animals did that to my girlfriend I would bring down an almighty whooping on them. I'm aware of sounding like a 'windows warrior' here but after watching the video I can quite safely say that any man worth his weight should be confident enough in being able to administer swift justice to that scum!
    Fair enough, he tried to do the chivalrous thing and protect her (badly) for a while but when he realised that wasn't working he really should have brought out the big guns.
    I also understand that he was wielding a double edged sword but I mean, in a fight or flight scenario isn't protection our first basic purpose to the female sex? 'Himself' falling on his snot whilst trying to punch a preoccupied woman and trotting around panting in exhaustion wont fill her with confidence for when she finally feels ready to go out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Seachmall wrote: »
    Bird watching?

:P

Joking :D

I would confuse them with random nature related snippets of information.:D