Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes Violence is bad, this story is sickening etc but...

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

UK court frees drunken attackers of white girl Rhea Page, because they are Muslims
    Updated: 07 Dec 2011

A gang of Muslim women who attacked a passer-by in a city centre walked free from court after a judge heard they were ‘not used to being drunk’ because of their religion.

The group – three sisters and a cousin – allegedly screamed ‘kill the white slag’ as they set upon Rhea Page as she waited for a taxi with her boyfriend.

Miss Page, 22, was left with a bald patch where her hair was pulled out in the attack and was left ‘black and blue’ after suffering a flurry of kicks to the head, back, arms and legs while motionless on the pavement.

Ambaro Maxamed, 24, students Ayan Maxamed, 28, and Hibo Maxamed, 24, and their 28-year-old cousin Ifrah Nur each admitted actual bodily harm, which carries a maximum sentence of five years’ imprisonment.

But Judge Robert Brown gave them suspended jail terms after hearing mitigation that as Muslims, the women were not used to being drunk. The Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol, although Islamic teachings permit its use for medicinal purposes.

After the sentencing, Ambaro Maxamed wrote on her Twitter account: ‘Happy happy happy!’, ‘I’m so going out’, and ‘Today has been such a great day’.

Yesterday Miss Page, a care worker, called the sentence ‘disgusting’ and said the gang deserved ‘immediate custody’.

'It’s no punishment at all,’ she said. ‘And for them to say they did it because they were not used to alcohol is no excuse. If they were not supposed to be drinking then they shouldn’t have been out in bars at that time of night.

'Even after the police came and they all ran away, one of them came running back to kick me in the head one last time.

'I honestly think they attacked me just because I am white. I can’t think of any other reason.’

Miss Page was treated for bruises and grazes after the attack in June last year as she walked to a taxi rank with boyfriend Lewis Moore, 23, in Leicester city centre.

At the time she worked caring for people with autism and learning difficulties but gave up the job after repeated absences because of stress and flashbacks.

She is still having counselling and suffers panic attacks.

She said: ‘We were just minding our own business but they kept shouting “white bitch” and “white slag” at me. When I turned around one of them grabbed my hair then threw me on the ground.

'They were taking turns to kick me over and over. I thought they were going to kill me.’

None of the defendants was charged with racial aggravation. Nur claimed Mr Moore, a fence builder, had been racially abusive, but this was not accepted by the prosecution.

Gary Short, mitigating for Ambaro Maxamed, said the attack was down to alcohol. He said: ‘Although Miss Page’s partner used violence, it doesn’t justify their behaviour.

'They’re Somalian Muslims and alcohol or drugs isn’t something they’re used to.’

The four women, who all live in Leicester, were each sentenced to six-month jail terms, suspended for 12 months, at Leicester Crown Court last month.

Hibo Maxamed also received a four-month curfew between 9pm and 6am, while the others were ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work.

Judge Brown said that ‘those who knock someone to the floor and kick them in the head can expect to go inside’.

But he said he accepted the women may have felt they were the victims of unreasonable force from Mr Moore as he tried to defend his girlfriend, and handed the defendants a suspended sentence.

Speaking at her home, Hibo Maxamed said: ‘I’m not proud of it, it’s not something I want to talk about. I just want to get on with my life.’
    pics can be found here http://www.whatsonsanya.com/news-19173-uk-court-frees-drunken-attackers-of-white-girl-rhea-page-because-they-are-muslims.html

why the f*ck didn't the boyfriend do something? call me whatever but if a gang of girls starting doing anything like this to my girlfriend i would go (i think the technical term is) ape**** and ensure that they came out worse.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

danniemcq wrote: »
    why the f*ck didn't the boyfriend do something?

None of the defendants was charged with racial aggravation. Nur claimed Mr Moore, a fence builder, had been racially abusive, but this was not accepted by the prosecution.

Gary Short, mitigating for Ambaro Maxamed, said the attack was down to alcohol. He said: ‘Although Miss Page’s partner used violence, it doesn’t justify their behaviour.

But he said he accepted the women may have felt they were the victims of unreasonable force from Mr Moore as he tried to defend his girlfriend, and handed the defendants a suspended sentence.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

pics can be found here http://www.whatsonsanya.com/news-19173-uk-court-frees-drunken-attackers-of-white-girl-rhea-page-because-they-are-muslims.html

why the f*ck didn't the boyfriend do something? call me whatever but if a gang of girls starting doing anything like this to my girlfriend i would go (i think the technical term is) ape**** and ensure that they came out worse.

Apart from using unreasonable force?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

It's not racist if it's 'white' people. True Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

why the f*ck didn't the boyfriend do something?

What am I missing here. Per your own quoted article...
    Although Miss Page’s partner used violence....
    the women may have felt they were the victims of unreasonable force from Mr Moore as he tried to defend his girlfriend

He did go apeshít which may have contributed to suspending their sentence as THEY said they were victimised. They should have been jailed as I'm sure this wasn;t their first outing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I think the court might have been afraid that if they had convicted the Muslim girls of a hate crime and sent them to prison there'd be more riots.

Sad day for justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

The headline and the body of the article bear little resemblance to each other.

Quelle surprise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

But Judge Robert Brown gave them suspended jail terms after hearing mitigation that as Muslims, the women were not used to being drunk. The Koran prohibits Muslims from consuming alcohol, although Islamic teachings permit its use for medicinal purposes.

I'm not used to attempted murder. Can I have a suspended sentence if I try that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

bluewolf wrote: »

:confused:

so he did try and defend her but she still got that bad a kicking? balls to that. either he was afraid of being accused of something or he was useless.

like i said in my original post there would have been a ****storm if something like that happened my girlfriend.

it just boggles my mind how this happened this way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

well arent you a big internet warrior man

• Advertisement

Plazaman wrote: »
    What am I missing here. Per your own quoted article...

He did go apeshít which may have contributed to suspending their sentence as THEY said they were victimised. They should have been jailed as I'm sure this wasn;t their first outing.

Was that part not refering to him giving them racist abuse?

and unreasonable force would surly mean they they wouldn't have been able to run away and then run back and give her another kick?

IMHO take the racial side out of this and the story, sentance and outcome would have been very very different

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

foxyboxer wrote: »
    It's not racist if it's 'white' people. True Story.

and that's the sad reality of political correctness. this reverse racism that lets the very very small minority of non whites get away with stuff like this as the establishment are afraid to offend the minority group as a whole. now i've never seen this come to violence but i've seen minorities abusing whites verbally in my cousins town in england, while people just stood there afraid to say anything for fear of being accused of racism.

Now don't get me wrong I ain't racist, i'm a very left wing anti racist actually, this isn't me badmouthing minorities , I hate this double-standard that the establishment , bleeding heart liberals and the media have created.racism in all forms is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

There's video here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2070562/Muslim-girl-gang-kicked-Rhea-Page-head-yelling-kill-white-slag-FREED.html

I watched it wondering what the boyfriend did. I don't know what went on before the incident.

But I would say he gave a fairly decent show of himself against what can only be described as a bunch of savage, witches. He tried to block them off, fend them off and eventually was full out punching. But can you imagine the scrawwwwling you'd get from those wans. They just kept getting back up and coming at them.

An attack like that deserves jailtime....end of.

But I would say he gave a fairly decent show of himself against what can only be described as a bunch of savage, witches. He tried to block them off, fend them off and eventually was full out punching. But can you imagine the scrawwwwling you'd get from those wans. They just kept getting back up and coming at them.

a kick in the *unt would put them down in much the same way a kick to the balls will destroy any man

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Remember lads, you must never, ever hit a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

That article has racism written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

remember lads a woman will never act that way, these attackers are not women they are like animals so hit away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

The boyfriend falling all over the place made me laugh though. Pillow fists. Id bust up 4 women no bother;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    bleeding heart liberals

"Bleeding Heart Liberals" don't exist. They're a myth, a fantasy, the personification of an establishment afraid of lawsuits from over eager lawyers who are all-too-willing to play the race-card and exacerbated by the conservative far-right who use it as an umbrella term to label anyone who disagrees with them.

The term is thrown around all too often here on Boards as a way for people to contrast themselves with a non-existent group to make their position seem more moderate or as a way to criticize someone's position with actually addressing it.

It's a bull**** term.

Just had to get that off my chest.

OT,
    Judge should be assaulted by a group of drunken Muslims. I'm sure he won't mind, they're simply not used to being violent idiots drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Seachmall wrote: »
    "Bleeding Heart Liberals" don't exist. They're a myth, a fantasy, the personification of an establishment afraid of lawsuits from over eager lawyers who are all-too-willing to play the race-card and exacerbated by the conservative far-right who use it as an umbrella term to label anyone who disagrees with them.

The term is thrown around all too often here on Boards as a way for people to contrast themselves with a non-existent group to make their position seem more moderate or as a way to criticize someone's position with actually addressing it.

It's a bull**** term.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Bloody Bleeding Heart Liberal sympathiser:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If they fail to act like human beings, all bets based on gender are off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Absolute scum, they should be jailed for assault regardless of religion, gender or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

stovelid wrote: »
    If they fail to act like human beings, all bets based on gender are off.

Absolutely.

Violence begets more violence and deservedly so (regardless of gender).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

dirty somalian kunts, nice to see the bf got a few good slaps into them, they deserved everything they got, kicking a defenceless person on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    dirty somalian kunts, nice to see the bf got a few good slaps into them, they deserved everything they got, kicking a defenceless person on the ground.

HAHA:D niccce

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

I would honestly knock the lot of them out one by one and head off home... thats an absolute piss take... on one hand id say fair play to your man for trying to defuse it at first but on the other hand he shouldve bashed them...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Emma West here....My Britain is fook all now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

If a gang of Drunken Women are attacking a defenceless friend of mine, then I will hit and kick them and do whatever it takes until they stop doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Why haven't they been deported back to Somalia?!

Advertisement