Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you harm a female(s) to protect your gf/sibling

Options
  • 07-12-2011 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Following on from this thread. This is for the guys of AH

Got me thinking what I'd do if a group of women set upon my girlfriend or sister for no apparent reason...

I'm largely against physical violence in any way, especially when concerning women, but I think if this happened to me I'd probably end up hurting someone... What would you do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Yes.

But it would be handbags stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Without hesitation. I'd be like you, wouldn't want to hit any women, but in that situation I'd be throwing punches and aiming for their faces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I'd be dishin' out durtie schlaps ad infinitum.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yep. Or at least pick them up and throw them away. Onto their head

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Just whip out your penis, and I'm sure they'd start running away very quickly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

If they were harming a loved one yeah, If they want to carry out violence to another human being they shouldn't expect their gender to protect them from having the same done to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

With a bunch of crazy bitches in front of you? You might as well draw a bullseye on it buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Part of me says no, but then I remind myself that they asked for equality.

They also - in my book - forego any rights if they attack someone, so yup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Hitting black people is racist so no. I would have ran away actually because the PC brigade are much more frightening.

Na, I think I would have been swinging like a mad man.

Actually that reminds me when I was about 10 some older girl was pushing my little sister around and giving her hassle so i punched her in the nose.Best. big.brother.ever.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Antomus Prime

Generally I wouldn't hit a woman, or i'd be the first person to intervene if I saw a dude hitting a woman, but if there was a group of them harming a gf or sister or even a friend then i'm pretty sure the instinct to protect said person would overpower moral. Although I would like to think that i'd try be defensive rather than go in with fists of fury style movement (translation - swinging arms like a moron! :P) but its one of those situations that you wouldn't know what you'd do until you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If someone; man, woman or child, were attacking my gf, I would be aiming loafs and roundhouse kicks at their faces and crotches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I don't think the majority of people are afraid of peanuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If it was the protect my Girlfriend or Sibling, not that they'd need protecting. But if it was the case, I would intervene and try to stop it. I'd still try to avoid hitting a woman and just try to get them to stop, but if needs be and there's no other option. Then i'm afraid I have no other choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I would subdue the attacker(s)and/or use reasonable force to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I don't care who it is. If myself or those i love are in danger of being harmed I'll react. A girl attacked me with a bottle before and I layed her out. Only time I've ever hit a female. Any other type of situation and I'd be confident of just restraining them without hitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Sykk wrote: »
    Following on from this thread. This is for the guys of AH

Got me thinking what I'd do if a group of women set upon my girlfriend or sister for no apparent reason...

I'm largely against physical violence in any way, especially when concerning women, but I think if this happened to me I'd probably end up hurting someone... What would you do?

I'd attempt reason but shortly after, start throwing elbows. I think the 'don't hit women\people who are no match for you physically' is countered ably by 'ganging up on one person is the work of a group of bollockses'

Regardless of gender, if someone started on someone that I love, then of course I'd step in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Close my eyes and start windmilling towards them. Their fault if they get hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

I don't care who it is. If myself or those i love are in danger of being harmed I'll react. A girl attacked me with a bottle before and I layed her out. Only time I've ever hit a female. Any other type of situation and I'd be confident of just restraining them without hitting.

Did you deck her Canadian boyfriend too?

• Advertisement

If it was one person maybe i'd stand back and see how the situation panned out intervening in a non violent way when necessary, if my mother was the victim, i'd probably have to jump in and save the attackers life, mammy fights mean:pac:

in a group attack go in all guns blazing till i take a stiletto to the eyeball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Stupid questions imo - You're hardly going to stand there with your hands in your pockets if a loved one is set upon by a group of women.

I wouldn't hold back in the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

yeah agreed, i would have no problem defending my self agains man woman or child if they drew a weapon on me.

Close my eyes and start windmilling towards them. Their fault if they get hit.

Then you realize you're going in the wrong direction and run straight into a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Doyler92 wrote: »
    I don't think the majority of people are afraid of peanuts.
    Could have a peanut allergy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Are gf/sibling the same person?
    I need clarification before I answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Women of AH, does it hurt if you get a kick in the gee? If yes, then I reckon I'd be doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I'd tell them they looked fat in their outfits.

The ensuing nervous breakdown would surely give me and the OH time enough to leg it to safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭Corvo

I wouldn't even hold back if they fell on the ground. Watch your ribs b*tch, here comes a size 9.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Cue shouts of "put away that maggot before the birds get it!"

Advertisement