Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New express bus service to Dublin

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

From peoples' experience does it take the full 2hrs 45 or does it do it any quicker? Need to make it from Westmorland street to Busaras in a short space of time

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

From peoples' experience does it take the full 2hrs 45 or does it do it any quicker? Need to make it from Westmorland street to Busaras in a short space of time

I got from Arthur's Quay to Westmoreland street in about 2 hrs 20 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I have got the 1845 down on Friday twice and it has pulled up at Arthurs Quay almost bang on 2130. Both times the bus actually a couple of minutes late and made up the time enroute...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Used it last weekend. UL-Westmoreland St. just over 2h 30m

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭phog

Heading out the Dublin road the other evening at around 16:30 I met the bus coming down the hill towards the AI bar and it looked to me to be completely empty which is a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

phog wrote: »
    Heading out the Dublin road the other evening at around 16:30 I met the bus coming down the hill towards the AI bar and it looked to me to be completely empty which is a pity.

The bulk of the passengers could have left the bus at UL though, any time I've used it there seemed to be mostly students on it too.

Funkstard wrote: »
    The bulk of the passengers could have left the bus at UL though, any time I've used it there seemed to be mostly students on it too.

They could have, met it again today in UL around 12:00 and again it looked empty, maybe too early for students returning to college but if the customer bases doen't grow I really cant see the route continuing as it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

They could have, met it again today in UL around 12:00 and again it looked empty, maybe too early for students returning to college but if the customer bases doen't grow I really cant see the route continuing as it is now.

Students won't usually arrive til this evening.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Students won't usually arrive til this evening.

I think I covered that in my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I don't think there is a market for the hourly service right throughout the day. I can't imagine there being huge demand on weekday afternoons.

In good news, sources close to the bus (inside it, in fact) told me that the 4:45 to Dublin was pretty much full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

just to say, was on this evening and only 3 seats empty up to Kildare Village and completely full to Limerick (about half got off at UL)

Sera wrote: »
    just to say, was on this evening and only 3 seats empty up to Kildare Village and completely full to Limerick (about half got off at UL)

That's great to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I got it last Saturday week at 1 in UL and it was a bit less than half full. More than 3/4ths full after kildare on the sunday return journy. 2 and a half hours on the dot for both trips. I think i'm in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Great to read this service is getting more popular. I got it back in mid-January, was able to take the 10:45 service to connect at BusAras (nice brisk walk) for a 14:00 service, which had been a lottery in the past with BE, even if I got the 09:30 from Limerick.

Seems like the popular Friday/Sunday evening routes are getting close to capacity as the word gets around - wonder if there are plans to add any extra services to those times?

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Great to read this service is getting more popular. I got it back in mid-January, was able to take the 10:45 service to connect at BusAras (nice brisk walk) for a 14:00 service, which had been a lottery in the past with BE, even if I got the 09:30 from Limerick.

Seems like the popular Friday/Sunday evening routes are getting close to capacity as the word gets around - wonder if there are plans to add any extra services to those times?

I suppose that's what will happen, some times slots dropped or increase the buses at the peak times to sub the loss making ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Is this service still going on? I might need it next week. Where in Annacotty is the pick up point anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

finbarrk wrote: »
    Is this service still going on? I might need it next week. Where in Annacotty is the pick up point anyone?

It sure is.
    http://dublincoach.ie/timetables-and-fares/limerick-to-dublin-city#

I think the stop is directly accross the road from the gates to Lisnagry school.

It would be on your left in the streetview (old pic- bus stop not shown) map attached
    http://goo.gl/maps/0IdP

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

In Annacotty, as you go over the bridge, and up the slight hill onto the main road, the bus stop is right across.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

h3000 wrote: »
    It sure is.
    http://dublincoach.ie/timetables-and-fares/limerick-to-dublin-city#

I think the stop is directly accross the road from the gates to Lisnagry school.

It would be on your left in the streetview (old pic- bus stop not shown) map attached
    http://goo.gl/maps/0IdP

It's about 5m from this photo, you can't miss it, it's sheltered and has a "Dublin coach" stop clearly marked, just be sure you get it at the right side of the road (heading to dublin) as there's one directly opposite it as well for drop off on the way back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Ok, thanks lads. I presume I'll find somewhere nearby to park.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Ok, thanks lads. I presume I'll find somewhere nearby to park.

Why not park in UL and get the bus from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Why not park in UL and get the bus from there?

+1 that's what I always do... There's free parking available at the Concert Hall and East Gate car parks, car would likely be safer there than on the street in annacotty anyway

Advertisement