Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New express bus service to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

And what was the trip like, legroom etc? Seems like good timings, cc to cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

phog wrote: »
    How many were on the bus, is there enough to make it viable?
    Only 2. I only knew about a potential new service as I had seen one of their buses earlier in the day in Dublin. It doesnt seem to be that widely advertised.
    lasno wrote: »
    And what was the trip like, legroom etc? Seems like good timings, cc to cc.
    Trip was quick, motorway all the way from Red Cow to Annacotty except for the Kildare village stop which is just off the motorway. Yes much more legroom than Bus eireann and JJs and leather seats to boot. They are basically the buses that were on the Portlaoise - Dublin airport route and are much nicer than the double deckers that replaced them.

I'll be getting one of them back upto Dublin tommorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mastershake

I used it on Thursday and Saturday.€10 and it took the 2 hrs 45 mins.I was the only one on the bus for all three journeys. Excellent service but needs far more advertising to get it up and running.

Highly recommend it over the competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Where does it leave from Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

gaf1983 wrote: »
    Where does it leave from Limerick?

Arthurs Quay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

was impressed with the dublin coach website as well. Especially the bus tracking gps http://www.utrack.com/gps/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

This is really fantastic news.

I've suffered Bus Eireann and JJ Kavanaghs too often recently.

There simply must be a market for a direct, quick service between Limerick and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

go upto Dublin nearly every 2nd week so I'm delighted there's another alternative.
    Can I ask who's used it a silly question, was there a stop for a break?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mastershake

Too short a trip really for a break to be thrown in. Always hate breaks anyway.Can take up to 30 mins if they're waiting for another bus in order to change the driver.

As has already been posted they stop only at the redcow for luas passengers and at the kildare village outlet.

In Limerick they have two stops.Arthur's quay park and the bus stop next to the students centre in UL.

Too short a trip really for a break to be thrown in. Always hate breaks anyway.
    Usually me too but bit sick that's why I was asking :3 thanks for letting me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hope they start getting more passengers soon, just seen one pass the library in UL there a hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I used this service yesterday and today. Only 3 passengers on the way up to Dublin and 4 on the way back. They must be doing it at a serious loss, haven't a clue how much it would cost to fill with diesel and pay the driver but it's definately not sustainable. They'll have to spend money on advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

They'll have to spend money on advertising.
    I seen a billboard on the quays towards Heuston station this evening with an ad for the service. Thats the first advertising I have seen...

Ad in the Limk Post this week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

They're also advertising on Limerick 95fm. It sounds like a good service so I hope it'll be successful as an alternative is definitely required!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,070 ✭✭✭✭phog

I met one of their buses this morning heading out the Dublin rd, it looked empty, this service will not survice as a direct route unless they can fill their buses. They will either withdraw the service or follow the Bus Eireann and JJ Kavanagh's model, stop at every town along the route to increase choice of location and passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Great that something like this has come in. I suffered on the Bus Eireann buses for way too long (5hrs 20 being my personal worst).

Sounds like the thing is dying on its feet though, which is a shame :mad:

It's hardly running a week so give it a chance! Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

A bit of advertising or even a good facebook page would o down a treat! There seems to be absolutely no exposure... And its a great service, thats what annoys me the most!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Great that something like this has come in. I suffered on the Bus Eireann buses for way too long (5hrs 20 being my personal worst).

Sounds like the thing is dying on its feet though, which is a shame :mad:

i use to take the no.12 service to Dublin about 10 yrs back and there was this narky Dublin fella with a moustache driving, is he still doing that route??

• Advertisement

Got it up to Dublin Friday and back home today, excellent service even though there was a 10 min delay filling up petrol on the way home.

Had a suitcase and asked to take it on with me (because the last time I forgot it :rolleyes:) and the driver carried it on for me, then had an extra bag coming home and the driver (a different one) took two of them outside for me and asked if I wanted him to wait til I got collected, it was so kind of him.
    Definitely using that bus in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The website has the timetable posted up now, though it's not very clear about whether you can connect at the Red Cow to take the bus to Dublin Airport.

http://dublincoach.ie/routes/limerick-to-dublin-city

gaf1983 wrote: »
    The website has the timetable posted up now, though it's not very clear about whether you can connect at the Red Cow to take the bus to Dublin Airport.
    When I got on Sunday a girl was asking, he said it was cheaper to get the Luas out to Red Cow and then get their other bus that goes to the airport http://dublincoach.ie/routes/portlaoise-to-dublin-airport afaik (because going to Red Cow in Zone 2 would be €5 and then €5 again for Zone 2 to the Airport on the next bus), you should email them and ask just incase I'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bener

Hey guys, does anyone know whereabouts at the red cow the bus stops? Thanks....

bener wrote: »
    Hey guys, does anyone know whereabouts at the red cow the bus stops? Thanks....
    thought Red Cow was just a shelter with a Luas on one side and buses on the other? so maybe look for the green bus stop,
    DublinCoachStop.JPG
    I'm sure it stops where the Luas is?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSdUeAUV_JS_KZWBB90cGscmlK9lQtrZ04LJzeitpz9jekSrKB3w

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

There website is down anyone have a no for them by any chance or anyway i can get hold of them

Found their no in the ad in the Limerick Post & they no their website is down!!

For all looking for info rite now it starts at 6.45am & then every hour til 8.45pm from city centry & 5 past the hr from Red Cow but at the red cow they also have buses going to Portlaoise which he said are the double deckers. The phone no is 01 8627566 if anyone wants to get in touch themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I'd say students will start using it to get to/from Dublin... Good choice having the stop in UL from that angle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

this service is brilliant. used it a couple of times last few weeks, very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

this service is brilliant. used it a couple of times last few weeks, very impressed.

Have to agree. Used it 3 times myself and it has always been on time and the buses have been very comfortable. Free wifi is handy too.

My only worry is that the buses have been fairly empty when I have got them. They will need to boost numbers to make it profitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,070 ✭✭✭✭phog

My only worry is that the buses have been fairly empty when I have got them. They will need to boost numbers to make it profitable.

That will be the problem, can they increase their numbers without adding more stops/pick-up points and every stop will add time to the journey.

Advertisement