Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New express bus service to Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

There were only 5 of us on New Years Eve. The 3 drivers we had were sound as a bell, very cheerful, and the bus was spotless.

I really hope it keeps going, great service, and it drops you off in a really handly location in Dublin. Right around the corner from Grafton Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭d1980

Got it twice over Xmas, got the train once, and also got JJ Kavanagh for 2 return trips. By far the best and quickest service out there. Again, my only concern is the number of people on the bus. 5 of us on the bus down yesterday. I would imagine they need 10 or so per journey to breakeven.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

there was 6 going to Limerick last night and I think about 6 got off at Kildare Village

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

used it a few times myself. I have been waiting for something like this since for ever. Everytime did it in 2.5 hours. The bus was spotless and the drivers really friendly.

Its better than the train for me...dont have to get a luas in to dublin city centre.

all for 10euro. Let just hope more people start using it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Might try to make use of this soon. Does it bring passengers back to Limerick from Dublin, and if so where is the stop for the return journey?

• Advertisement

Does it bring passengers back to Limerick from Dublin, and if so where is the stop for the return journey?
    yeah it does, it's the same stop you arrive at Westmoreland St

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Might try to make use of this soon. Does it bring passengers back to Limerick from Dublin, and if so where is the stop for the return journey?

Are there busses between cities that only bring passengers one way? Never came across that before.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are there busses between cities that only bring passengers one way? Never came across that before.

Not that I know of, but I had to ask just to be sure! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

I wouldn't worry about them ceasing this new service because of small numbers at the start, they are pretty dedicated. The same crowd have been running a Portlaoise to Red Cow/Dublin Airport service for about 3 years now. It's fantastic: almost half the price of BÉ and the timetable is simple, arriving the same time every hour. You develop a trust for it! I'd say they've taken 30% of Bus Éireann's business on that route and they've extended it to 24 hours. I frequently got it from Newbridge to Naas at around 2 in the morning and many times there was only me or a few others on it but they kept with it and it's grown in popularity now. Great company and it's refreshing to see an attempt at efficient public transport in this country!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Anyone know if this bus more details about this service. Am hoping to use it on Friday of this week. Can one book in advance or do we just turn up at the stop and hope for the best. Any telephone number for the company. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

shawnee wrote: »
    Anyone know if this bus more details about this service. Am hoping to use it on Friday of this week. Can one book in advance or do we just turn up at the stop and hope for the best. Any telephone number for the company. Thanks

Got it up an down over new years and you just show up at the stop and pay the driver. They don't hang around though so be on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

shawnee wrote: »

Here is the website with timetables etc.

http://dublincoach.ie/

There is no facility for booking online at present. You just pay when boarding. The bus has always been on time when I have used and numbers on the bus have been fairly small so you wont have a problem getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

Whereabouts in Annacotty is the bus stop? Is there anywhere nearby to park for the day that's either free or reasonably priced? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭browne_rob5

iora_rua wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Annacotty is the bus stop? Is there anywhere nearby to park for the day that's either free or reasonably priced? Thanks!

It stops on the Dublin Road just before you reach the road that takes you to Annacotty Business Park/Murroe (coming from Limerick city). There are green bus stops there that you cant miss.

You could park at Finnegans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You could park in UL and get the bus there. There are free car parks otherwise there are ones which cost €3 (pay at the barrier)- you'd be guaranteed a space in that car park. It's right across the road from the bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thanks a mil for that info boardies. ! and especially for the timetable..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Buses to Dublin from 1e apparently

http://www.kellytravel.ie/plaza-express/

Plaza Express – Limerick to the LUAS

Speed of a train for less than the price of a coffee!!

Kelly Travel are delighted to introduce an exciting all new bus service.*

*Licence Granted: #12001

Operating direct from the City East Plaza Limerick, non stop to the Red Cow LUAS – journey time is just 2 hours!

Whats even better is the price – fares from just €1.00 when booked in advance!
    Timetable:
    Monday to Friday Depart Limerick Arrive Red Cow Luas
    Morning 07:15 09:15
    Monday to Friday Depart Red Cow Arrive Limerick
    Evening 17:35 19:35
    Pricing:

The first 5 seats on each departure from Limerick are available for only €1.oo when booked in advance.
    Plaza Express Departure Point

Normal fare is still only €10 each way.

Modern Luxury Coach, features include:

FREE Wifi Internet access on board
    Reclining seats
    Seats which slide into the aisle for extra comfort
    Air conditioning
    Modern air suspension for a more comfortable ride
    Power points on board to charge laptop, phone etc
    Free Newspapers on board

Ideal for business professionals to get work done during the snappy commute!

BONUS: Coffee for only €1

When purchasing coffee in the Plaza Express Coffee Dock show your bus ticket to get your tea or coffee for just €1.

For enquiries please call our office on 061 384422

Service departs from City East Plaza building on the Groody road, just off the N24 Ballysimon road B&Q roundabout.
    The LUAS RED LINE: www.luas.ie

Services depart from Red Cow LUAS every 3 to 5 minutes at peak hours and stops include:

Drimnagh, Fatima, James’s Hospital, Heuston, National Museum of Ireland, Four Courts, Abbey Street & Busáras to name just a few.
    In Brief:

There are two Luas tram lines, the Red line and the Green line.
    The Red Line is 20kms in length and has 32 Stops. The Red Line runs from Tallaght to The Point and from Saggart to Connolly.
    The Green Line is 16.5km in length and has 22 Stops. The Green Line runs from Brides Glen to St. Stephen’s Green through Sandyford.
    80,000 passengers on average daily.

Whats on in Dublin?

For all you need to know about whats happening in Dublin, check out www.guide2dublin.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

How that is going to make money is beyond me.

leakyboots wrote: »
    How that is going to make money is beyond me.

Only 5 seats sold at 1e and the rest at a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

How much is a Luas ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

CiaranMT wrote: »
    How much is a Luas ticket?

Depends where you're going etc, from the Red Cow to the city centre a ticket is around €1.60 or €1.70

http://www.luas.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

park in annacotty village for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

I got the bus down from Dublin this evening and there was maybe 25 on the bus. When I got the same service down last month there was only 2 of us on it. A few got off in Kildare Village but most passengers were going to Limerick. The advertising campaign seems to be working which is good to see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 robscriven92

does anybody know if the bus stops at the flagpoles at UL or just at the main bus stop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

does anybody know if the bus stops at the flagpoles at UL or just at the main bus stop ?

Just the main bus stop. The drivers change there I think so it sits there for a couple of minutes.

You could probably get off at either stop. It comes in the main gate by the flagpoles on both its outbound and return journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

leakyboots wrote: »
    Buses to Dublin from 1e apparently

http://www.kellytravel.ie/plaza-express/

Plaza Express – Limerick to the LUAS

Speed of a train for less than the price of a coffee!!

Kelly Travel are delighted to introduce an exciting all new bus service.*

*Licence Granted: #12001

Operating direct from the City East Plaza Limerick, non stop to the Red Cow LUAS – journey time is just 2 hours!

Whats even better is the price – fares from just €1.00 when booked in advance!
    Timetable:
    Monday to Friday Depart Limerick Arrive Red Cow Luas
    Morning 07:15 09:15
    Monday to Friday Depart Red Cow Arrive Limerick
    Evening 17:35 19:35
    Pricing:

The first 5 seats on each departure from Limerick are available for only €1.oo when booked in advance.

Normal fare is still only €10 each way.

Modern Luxury Coach, features include:

FREE Wifi Internet access on board
    Reclining seats
    Seats which slide into the aisle for extra comfort
    Air conditioning
    Modern air suspension for a more comfortable ride
    Power points on board to charge laptop, phone etc
    Free Newspapers on board

Ideal for business professionals to get work done during the snappy commute!

BONUS: Coffee for only €1

When purchasing coffee in the Plaza Express Coffee Dock show your bus ticket to get your tea or coffee for just €1.

For enquiries please call our office on 061 384422

Service departs from City East Plaza building on the Groody road, just off the N24 Ballysimon road B&Q roundabout.
    The LUAS RED LINE: www.luas.ie

Services depart from Red Cow LUAS every 3 to 5 minutes at peak hours and stops include:

Drimnagh, Fatima, James’s Hospital, Heuston, National Museum of Ireland, Four Courts, Abbey Street & Busáras to name just a few.
    In Brief:

There are two Luas tram lines, the Red line and the Green line.
    The Red Line is 20kms in length and has 32 Stops. The Red Line runs from Tallaght to The Point and from Saggart to Connolly.
    The Green Line is 16.5km in length and has 22 Stops. The Green Line runs from Brides Glen to St. Stephen’s Green through Sandyford.
    80,000 passengers on average daily.

Whats on in Dublin?

For all you need to know about whats happening in Dublin, check out www.guide2dublin.com

Can't see many people going for this, departure is from the plaza express, not the most central location like!

Can't see many people going for this, departure is from the plaza express, not the most central location like!

It's probably aimed at those who want a park and ride arrangement- plenty of parking there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yea, some people got wanted to get off at the main gate last Friday. The driver was in the middle lane when leaving the Uni so he crossed over onto the Plassey Park Road and let them off there. I guess just ask the driver.

I got the bus back up on Sunday afternoon and there was at least 20 on the bus :cool:

• Advertisement

I've been on it a few times and it's both but only stops at the flagpoles if someone's there. Like Coeus said, ask the driver, they're really friendly

Advertisement