Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Most of the Boards Mods Civil Servants?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

Brendog wrote: »
    I hate the general consensus about the civil service. .

The general consensus did not come about by accident, as we all have siblings, relatives, lovers, close friends etc in the public service + they tell us. Plus people like the central statistics office study average public sector pay and find it to be - even after all the cuts - 48000 per year, way higher than the private sector. www.cso.ie
    Their pay has been cut from €700 to €320 .
    Makes me laugh everytime. Nobody in the public sector has seen their pay cut from 700 to 320 . Plently in the private sector - hundreds of thousands - have experienced bigger cuts. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's a rather pathetic obsession for you at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

gigino wrote: »
    [l
    The general consensus did not come about by accident, as we all have siblings, relatives, lovers, close friends etc in the public service + they tell us.

I hope your lovers in the public service aren't reading this,they won't be impressed that you're bad mouthing them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    I hope your lovers in the public service aren't reading this,they won't be impressed that you're bad mouthing them..

If they know him at all, they'd be suprised if he wasn't.

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Dudess wrote: »

He quoted figures and facts, what have you quoted apart from the tired old "bitterness" line?

The fact is a lot of high end civil servants are paid far too much, a lot more that private sector counterparts. Plenty of these people have admitted as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    He quoted figures and facts, what have you quoted apart from the tired old "bitterness" line?

The fact is a lot of high end civil servants are paid far too much, a lot more that private sector counterparts. Plenty of these people have admitted as much.

He quotes feck all.

Giginio got banned from Irish Economy for constantly waving his anti public sector hard on around. Now he uses every opportunity in other forums when the subject comes up.

He's like a flasher waiting in the bushes for the perfect opportunity.

Sad, sad individual

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My vote is that the OP should be banned, she runs the risk of upsetting too many civil servants and we cant have that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fear Uladh wrote: »
    Dudess wrote: »

Fine, but of course he doesn't specify high-end, he just speaks of the civil service en masse.
    Plenty of high-end people in the private sector get paid far more than their cs counterparts too, especially in the technical side of things.
    I stand by it - resentful people who have a gripe with the civil service know **** all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm sure I'm not alone in wihsing that the people that find boards and the mods and the admins and the power structure and the other posters so unbearable might consider expressing it in a more demonstrative way like fucking off to another site and giving the rest of us some peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

gigino wrote: »
    some things never change. 30 years ago it was knitting which occupied someone I knew in the ps for half her working day. When you are overpaid, overstaffed and cannot be sacked thats what often happens.

I would believe the knitting story and have heard worse. However the majority are not overpaid. Some sections are overstaffed but some chronically understaffed.

The "cannot be sacked" part is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    No, no! KeithM89 is actually Pighead! ;)

Always thought he was Fluttering Bantam in a wig. :o
    A fair mod nonetheless in my opinion. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

CJC999 wrote: »
    My vote is that the OP should be banned, she runs the risk of upsetting too many civil servants and we cant have that.

No no no, what about all those private sector workers who are paid to spend half the day on the internet complaining about public pay? They'd have nothing to do :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

I hate the general consensus about the civil service. Makes me laugh when people say "They're overpaid fat cats always taking days off work and they can't be fired. Its a joke"

Makes me laugh everytime. I know people who work 8am to 5pm then overtime from 5pm to 9pm. Monday to friday

Their pay has been cut from €700 to €320 and now their overtime that they've been desperatley working for is going to be cut 10%.

I'm sorry but If having to borrow money from your parents to give your kids a decent christmas is being an "over paid fat cat who always takes days off", then stick whiskers on me and call me Bagpuss.

The only people I know who are driving late model cars, still taking foreign holidays etc ARE ALL either in the Civil Service or An Post/CIE etc.

Can you explain this?

CJC999 wrote: »

It is only a matter of time before Civil Servants demand prison time for people who criticise the public sector.

Would secure bonus payments in the Prison Service too.

The only people I know who are driving late model cars, still taking foreign holidays etc ARE ALL either in the Civil Service or An Post/CIE etc.

Can you explain this?

The only people I know who are driving late model cars, still taking foreign holidays etc ARE ALL in the private sector.

Can you explain this?

Feeona wrote: »
    The only people I know who are driving late model cars, still taking foreign holidays etc ARE ALL in the private sector.

Can you explain this?

I wouldn't know - I don't live in Foxrock.

I want to make an apology for the title of this thread.

It was completely false and misleading and I see that now. It is simply not a case of Boards Mods being mostly Civil Servants goofing off all day on line.

It is rather a case that most people on Boards.ie would appear to be Civil Servants/Public Sector Partnershipians goofing off all day.

I stand corrected.

I wouldn't know - I don't live in Foxrock.

I don't live in Foxrock either.

Yet all the private sector workers I know have lots of money. Can you explain it?

Feeona wrote: »
    I don't live in Foxrock either.

Yet all the private sector workers I know have lots of money. Can you explain it?

You live in another country?

• Advertisement

You live in another country?

Still can't explain it I see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I don't want to get into this public/private sector divide - its a waste of time.
    However something I've envied about the public sector is that your going to have your employees rights adhered to. Working in the private sector numerous occasions I've been in situations that I just should not have been in.
    It's not really a gripe against the public sector though, I just wished the private sector was the same when it comes to do things by the book so to speak.
    It's not like there's anything I could do about it either if I wanted to keep my job.

I don't want to get into this public/private sector divide - its a waste of time.
    However something I've envied about the public sector is that your going to have your employees rights adhered to. Working in the private sector numerous occasions I've been in situations that I just should not have been in.
    It's not really a gripe against the public sector though, I just wished the private sector was the same when it comes to do things by the book so to speak.
    It's not like there's anything I could do about it either if I wanted to keep my job.

Communism really is the only answer. I am not endorsing it. Just saying that if everyone worked for the Government then this would no longer be a problem.

What pisses me off is I know a Civil Servant on 90K for some pointless office job. She calls herself an Anarchist and is active in these circles in Ireland. She wants to smash the system. Bring down the state and end the golden circles and so on. Then when I mentioned what about the Civil Service, Partnerships and Pensions - she looked at me in horror claiming "that has nothing to do with this!"

So basically, just like when it comes to paying her wages - she expects the private sector to suffer for her cause. Once she has her perks and job for life of course.

That mentality just amazes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

90% of Civil Servants are paid nothing near 48,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Communism really is the only answer. I am not endorsing it. Just saying that if everyone worked for the Government then this would no longer be a problem.

What pisses me off is I know a Civil Servant on 90K for some pointless office job. She calls herself an Anarchist and is active in these circles in Ireland. She wants to smash the system. Bring down the state and end the golden circles and so on. Then when I mentioned what about the Civil Service, Partnerships and Pensions - she looked at me in horror claiming "that has nothing to do with this!"

So basically, just like when it comes to paying her wages - she expects the private sector to suffer for her cause. Once she has her perks and job for life of course.

That mentality just amazes me.
    I think I'd like that. But there are nutters out there who think democracy is the only way to run a country. Look where that has got us!
    We have consultants on astronomical amounts of money who will never willingly budge, and sure why would they, most people will take what they can get.

I think I'd like that. But there are nutters out there who think democracy is the only way to run a country. Look where that has got us!
    We have consultants on astronomical amounts of money who will never willingly budge, and sure why would they, most people will take what they can get.

I agree with you there. Democracy is complete con.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

What pisses me off is I know a Civil Servant on 90K for some pointless office job.

Ah...your reason for this thread becomes clear.

One of the Seven Deadly Sins..................Envy.....

Why don't you say 20 Hail Mary's to atone?

No hang on.......you'll be praying to yourself:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Discussion about the Stonecutters mods can be had in Feedback.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement