Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Most of the Boards Mods Civil Servants?

Options
  • 05-12-2011 6:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

What other job provides this as an alternative to playing Partnership Farmville all day?

Either that or on social welfare. Same thing really. Just the money is more gigantic.

Seriously though, I expect that just about every mod on boards is a civil servant. Who else has this much time to arse around on line all day and not worry about getting sacked?

Also I have notice that any threads pointing out the civil service for what it is - so few bolded names - yet if someone comes in with a snotty comment about how important the civil service is and why someone should have a massive salary for life and pension, no quesitons asked - the thumbs ups contain nearly all the mods!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wah wah wah wah. Take it to feedback.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

where the hell would you get an idea like that ??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Who else has this much time to arse around on line all day and not worry about getting sacked?

Michael O'Leary, Gay Byrne, Enda Kenny, Trappatoni....will I go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm employed by Boards.

€30 for every ban, €20 for an infraction and €10 for every thread i close.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Shouldn't you be appearing in a toasted cheese sandwich somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

What other job provides this as an alternative to playing Partnership Farmville all day?

Either that or on social welfare. Same thing really. Just the money is more gigantic.

Seriously though, I expect that just about every mod on boards is a civil servant. Who else has this much time to arse around on line all day and not worry about getting sacked?

Well, apart from this being an obvious civil service troll, I have to say that throughout my working life the most time I ever had to spend on boards or the internet was when I worked for a multinational. Money for old rope that gig was. AFAIK, the civil service blocks a lot of internet sites too, and heavily regulates internet use. Bit of a generalisation you make tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Did someone upset a mod some where

:D

No

And No

Who says we arse around all day on here anyway. I know I certainly dont.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Security guards, self employed persons, internet cafe workers, shop assistants during quiet periods, a person on a bus, anyone on a nightshift.

Just a few examples of people who would be able to check boards regularly during the day.

EDIT: Forgot about students.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Leave the mods alone!!!!!!!!:D:D

All I know is there are senior mods like Dr. B - who are excellent mods and very fair.
    But there's also junior mods too, like KeithM89 - that guy is just on a power trip. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

And let me guess, that income isnt taxable right??

*shakes fist

*shakes penis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I have it on good authority that KeithM89 is in fact Joan Burton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

They're all nama bailout recipients, fairly sure dr. bollocko is gerry gannon.
    You never see them in a room at the same time.

I'm employed by Boards.

But do you have another job too or is this all you do?
    You actually get paid quite well there. How much a year would it generally work out at?

But do you have another job too or is this all you do?
    You actually get paid quite well there. How much a year would it generally work out at?

I did have another job, but Dev made me an offer i couldn't refuse.

I forgot to add that i get €5 for every spammer i report and €2.50 for every sig.

Its handy money really but it can get tiresome.

I forgot to add that i get €5 for every spammer i report and €2.50 for every sig.
    Fuck, I would've made a fortune over the last couple of days at those rates.

This thread would have just made me €2.50, too.

Fair play to you, take it when you can get it and all that! Are there any new jobs opening up on here anytime soon? Do mods of other forums get paid as well. They shouldn't really because there's a lot more traffic in this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭OurLadyofKnock

The glib response to this quesiton would suggest that boards is basically a nest of civil servants trying to kill time so they can collect their pension and make their mammys proud. Interesting.

This would explain the nature of the anal retentive social dynamic of boards. People who have never really been able to prove themselves in the real world and who instead took the path of the guilded coward - over compensating by being keyboard warriors?

Can't be easy knowing that your life is laid out before you and all you have to do is maintain your metabolic process as everything else is taken care of until retirement. Would explain the general sense of neurosis among the Irish public sector too.

Fair play to you, take it when you can get it and all that! Are there any new jobs opening up on here anytime soon? Do mods of other forums get paid as well. They shouldn't really because there's a lot more traffic in this one.
    Teddy, I'm pretty sure that you are top of the list for prospective mods. In fact, I'm certain you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

And dont forget the huge bonus you'll get in a few minutes for hitting 10,000 posts!!

The glib response to this quesiton would suggest that boards is basically a nest of civil servants trying to kill time so they can collect their pension and make their mammys proud. Interesting.

This would explain the nature of the anal retentive social dynamic of boards. People who have never really been able to prove themselves in the real world and who instead took the path of the guilded coward - over compensating by being keyboard warriors?

Can't be easy knowing that your life is laid out before you and all you have to do is maintain your metabolic process as everything else is taken care of until retirement. Would explain the general sense of neurosis among the Irish public sector too.
    You weren't really a virgin when you fell pregnant with Jesus, were you? Go on... tell us who the real daddy is. Who did you fuck?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

No no no..you have it all wrong :mad:

The Nest is over there>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Who else has this much time to arse around on line all day and not worry about getting sacked?

Mothers-sure all they do all day is listen to Joe Duffy and do their nails
    Teachers-they only work half days inallnanyways
    Office workers-several pages open at once so one can easily tab to an official looking screen
    Doctors-sure they only spend a few minutes with each patient, and their admin work is completed by fairies
    Dentists-sure who willingly goes to them anyway

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You weren't really a virgin when you fell pregnant with Jesus, were you? Go on... tell us who the real daddy is. Who did you fuck?

As I was saying.

Path of the Guilded Coward sounds like a bad kung fu movie or an addendum to the Karma Sutra.

Teddy, I'm pretty sure that you are top of the list for prospective mods. In fact, I'm certain you are.
    Do you really think so:eek:
    I'd be honored but I just don't think I could do it effectively without leaving my job.
    Did someone tip you off or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kevin Myers is Our Lady of Knock.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Sarky gets a massive bonus for his work over in TCN and the soccer mods get LOI tickets.

I think Dr B and Biko get paid as well for being mods for so long.
    chucken1 wrote: »
    And dont forget the huge bonus you'll get in a few minutes for hitting 10,000 posts!!

Jaysus i forgot about that.

Vegas again for new years.

Mind the language a bit

Feeona wrote: »
    Mothers-sure all they do all day is listen to Joe Duffy and do their nails
    Teachers-they only work half days inallnanyways
    Office workers-several pages open at once so one can easily tab to an official looking screen
    Doctors-sure they only spend a few minutes with each patient, and their admin work is completed by fairies
    Dentists-sure who willingly goes to them anyway

With the exception of Mothers - the rest are all public sector more or less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Shift workers can drop in to, hello.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

With the exception of Mothers - the rest are all public sector more or less.

I don't agree-there are private doctors, dentists, teachers and office workers.

But I'm glad you recognise that civil servants do not hold the record for sitting on their arses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement