Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 140 - Jones vs. Machida - 10th Dec. Spoilers inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Denners.ie

I'm not disputing that Nog should have tapped, I have issue saying it was the most satidfying win of his career and then he said 'ya I broke it, that's what I train for' or something to that extent.

He showed a rare bit of decorum in the end in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Great fights so far, and Bones still too come!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

unknown13 wrote: »
    UFC overdid the replays. Come on no one wants to see replay after replay of the arm breaking.
    A lot of UFC fans tune in for stuff just like that to be fair. Thats the sad fact anyway...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Broken DeV.

I saw it in the 14th replay.

Bleurgh.

Is Jon Jones gonna do it?
    Ripped tendons, ligaments and dislocation I would bet, but I'm not sure if that bone was broken, or if it would be possible but either way.... its very very ugly. Ow!

Hopefully they let us know and that Nog is ok!

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

A lot of UFC fans tune in for stuff just like that to be fair. Thats the sad fact anyway...
    They're not fans.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Broken DeV.

I saw it in the 14th replay.

Bleurgh.

Is Jon Jones gonna do it?
    Should do, only way I see him losing it is by going for an unorthadox strike and getting caught

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Put 7 Euro on Machida, hoping to get rich today!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DeVore wrote: »
    Ripped tendons, ligaments and dislocation I would bet, but I'm not sure if that bone was broken, or if it would be possible but either way.... its very very ugly. Ow!

DeV.

Either way, he won't be fighting again for a while! Dislocations can be worse than clean breaks sometimes.

They're not fans.

DeV.
    They are to Dana White anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The main event can only be a let-down after the rest of this card. Unless we have simultaneous, dual karate kicks and a double KO. That'd be cool.

• Advertisement

Put 7 Euro on Machida, hoping to get rich today!
    What were the odds?

7/2 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Arawn wrote: »
    Yeah well you don't come across as stupid now and wishing his death?? really?? training for a submission and accidently breaking an arm, is worse than wishing death a slow death on someone?

A frank mir like reaction,remember he said he wanted to break Lesnars neck or something like that. Hope Machida puts it up to Jones its been a nite of entertaining and excruciating finishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

any links

If his shoulder is dislocated than the tendons and ligaments will be severly stretched/torn aswell. Spot on Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Satisfying as in he tapped out Big Nog which has never been done, not that he broke his arm. Beaming for Mir!!

Hope the main event has at least one crane kick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Denners.ie wrote: »
    I'm not disputing that Nog should have tapped, I have issue saying it was the most satidfying win of his career and then he said 'ya I broke it, that's what I train for' or something to that extent.

He showed a rare bit of decorum in the end in fairness.
    Why wouldn't it be the most satisfying?? He openly admitted to Nog being like an idol to him, He's the only person to ever submit nog(afaik)

and he didn't say yeah i broke it, Joe rogan said something along the lines of this is the submission and this is where you brooke it to which mir replied yeah I trained for it, as in the submission not the break.

Like or not MMA is a brutal sport where you go out to hurt your opponent by beating them unconscious or by putting them in a submission so painful they've to give up. It's not Mir's fault that Nog didn't tap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Would like to see Machida knock him out!!
    Gotta love an underdog

Serious quality in this light heavyweight division.

Lads, in fairness, it's much harder to watch someone embarrass themselves in public than watch that arm break over and over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Sad fact is an understatement.

They are lucky that fight wasn't shown on Fox because the public would have gone crazy and a whole heap of debates would arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Anywhere ya can see a replay of it?

Ngggh.... I love Machida and the weirdness of his style, but Jones is so dynamic and electrifying. Now I dont know who to cheer for!!
    I want Machida to win I think because that would bring about a rematch for sure :) Plus Jones is young and has loads of developing to do and will just get better from a loss probably.

DeV.

Arawn wrote: »
    Why wouldn't it be the most satisfying?? He openly admitted to Nog being like an idol to him, He's the only person to ever submit nog(afaik)

and he didn't say yeah i broke it, Joe rogan said something along the lines of this is the submission and this is where you brooke it to which mir replied yeah I trained for it, as in the submission not the break.

Like or not MMA is a brutal sport where you go out to hurt your opponent by beating them unconscious or by putting them in a submission so painful they've to give up. It's not Mir's fault that Nog didn't tap

Frank Mir said he wants to be the first person to be the reason for a death in the Octagon in relation to Lesnar.

Don't see how me wishing a slow death is any worse tbh. Frank Mir = Grade A Cúnt.

hunter164 wrote: »
    Anywhere ya can see a replay of it?

I'm looking for a GIF myself, i'm sure one will be made soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

DeV.

where'd you get the md from dev?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Robdoo

Hate that crawling stuff that Bones does. Pretty disrespectful imo.

• Advertisement

Advertisement