Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great news to all those up in the North!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

realies wrote: »
    :) While up in North Donegal you can say "the South is north, and the North is south".So the most Northen part of this Island is in the south.:DThought I would throw that in :pac:

Actually we refer to northern ireland as "the promised land"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Is this folk idiom something that you were taught to say recently?

I've watched too much Fox news and listened to Sean hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage in my time.

Let me clarify I never talked once about the issue of NI, things are not going to change there any time soon, union jacks for sandy row tricolors for short strand, and that's a whole different discussion for me.

BUT what I'm talking about is the right of a country to fly its flag wherever and whenever the fcuk it wants within its border.

Why is somebody from another country so offended that they want to see this flag taken down.
    Its the same craic with having now to say happy holidays instead of happy Christmas....
    Its the same craic with the nativity thingy with Jesus Mary and Joesph, hospitals will be afraid to put them on display in case it offends somebody.
    I'm atheist. I'm not offended. In fact any time I had to go to hospital during Xmas I LIKED seeing it.

So its happening in Britain already, it will more than likely happen here in the future. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

realies wrote: »
    Efforts to reduce the number of flags flown in Northern Ireland during the summer months have failed, with almost 4,000 flags erected in July last year alone.
    And despite a slight reduction in the number of flags and paramilitary emblems in the last five years, researchers have said it does not constitute a significant amount.
    It comes as Queen's University scholars publish their latest report into the public display of flags and emblems in Northern Ireland. Led by Dr Dominic Bryan, director of the Institute of Irish Studies, the report shows that the number of flags flying during the summer months has remained "remarkably consistent" over the last five years.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/no-significant-reduction-in-flying-of-flags-flown-in-northern-ireland-16017254.html#ixzz1fPtP7WF1

Leave them to it man their just keeping future generations trapped in the hatred that dominates their lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

I think we should have a flag for the whole of the British Isles so we can end all this Union Flag and Tricolour nonsense.

And be united islands just like most other groups of islands in the world are. eg Japan, New Zealand etc

At least we would not be in the *** we are in with the euro if that had been the case, and we would not have had the disastrous property bubble to the same degree as we would not have had to follow low german interest rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

As a former nationalist from the six counties, I clicked on this thread earlier out of curiosity. Went away, thought about it, came back and I still can't find this "good news" of which you speak.

• Advertisement
Advertisement