Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just after getting run over, should i inform the guards?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I got hit by a car head on pulling out of a hotel, threw me up on the bonnet. Got bruised knees, guy drives off. Made a statement guards had chat with guy, guy calls round says sorry, all sorted. No charges against the guy, he was really sorry, end off.

My neighbour got hit by a car when he was on his bike, battered up quite nasty, cuts n bruises and never contacted the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Grindelwald any chance of the next dance with ya ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Meh! If you knew the registration number of the car or could even give a half-decent description of it, you'd have reported the incident to the Garda long ago. Just be glad you're still alive and able to post BS on the Internet.:):):rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

how could he see me, he was in a hurry. right lets call a spade a spade here. he reversed out of his drive way without due care and attention. the reason he didn't see me was because he'd no lights on. i was at the front near side of his car wearing a dark cream jacket. i was half way across the road before he even started to reverse out of his drive way. i'm not one for getting the guards unless it's something serious. your talking the guts of 30-40 feet from his drive way to where the impact was. it only took literally seconds for this to happen.

great thread. reminds me of that celeb watcher gimp in america, Perez or something?, and he tweeted for someone to call the cops because he was assualted.

about the thread, a couple of points highlighted above.

1. he REVERSED and you say he couldnt see you because he had no lights on? what kind of car has magic lights on the rear that help you see?
    2. you were wearing dark clothes and were on the middle of the road. eh?
    3. you knew he was reversing out his drive, so you were aware of what his intentions were. yet you still continued walking into the path of the where the car would go.
    4. it obviously wasnt serious. get over it. it sounds you were as much to fault and there were no injuries. he stopped and apologised and made sure you were ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

bruschi wrote: »
    great thread. reminds me of that celeb watcher gimp in america, Perez or something?, and he tweeted for someone to call the cops because he was assualted.

1. he REVERSED and you say he couldnt see you because he had no lights on? what kind of car has magic lights on the rear that help you see?
    3. you knew he was reversing out his drive, so you were aware of what his intentions were. yet you still continued walking into the path of the where the car would go.
    4. it obviously wasnt serious. get over it. it sounds you were as much to fault and there were no injuries. he stopped and apologised and made sure you were ok.

Well said
    Jay walking isnt a crime here, but sauntering about in the middle of the road in darkness isnt advisable either. Sh1t happens, he might have been stroppy but the driver was probably in shock too. You finished with shaking hands so its hardly hit and run anymore. Do a good deed and dont ruin his year...unless of course its complicated if you think you have actually sustained extra injury beyond the insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

i was just asking whats the best thing to do. but i really love the mentality of alot of posters in here.:rolleyes:. i've calmed down alot, yes i was in shock at the whole incident, rang the guards and they said to drop up when i get a chance in other words i still haven't reported it yet. he never asked was i alright. he was blaming me until i said i'd get the guards to sort this out then his attitude changed to being sorry.
    now let me get this right. this guy is still in his drive way not moving, his reverse light is on so therefore the intention is there but he's still not moved yet. i'm crossing the road where it's safe to do so. i'm sure we all remember the green cross code man. remember to look left and right etc. he tears out without checking or looking ,stops right beside me, me being at the front nearside of his car. for those of you that dont know where this is. i'm right beside his left front light which is not on. jasus i wonder what lights are for :rolleyes:. he puts the boot down because he doesn't see me, jasus i wonder what lights are for :rolleyes::rolleyes: and hits me. judging from the replies here half of you shouldn't be let near a car let alone drive one. you haven't got a clue about the rules of the road.
    darlett wrote: »
    but the driver was probably in shock too. ..
    yeah he must've been in real shock because he tore off as soon as we shook hands as if nothing happened. what if that was a kid, theres a school right where it happened and the road he sped of down runs parallel to the school. T.B.H. reading the posts i'm more shocked at some of the stupid comments made here than what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

bruschi wrote: »

EH all of em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Now you say he had no lights on. That sounds like an electrical fault. He should bring the car to the garage and get it looked at or he will fail his next NCT.

It wasn't a Renault by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Hey op so you rang the guards then.. Did it make you feel better? Your shocked at the replies you received on this thread,, re read your original post , it's a non story because your a grown man! Come on tell us if your hoping to make a few quid from this non event.

• Advertisement
Advertisement