Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just after getting run over, should i inform the guards?

Options
  • 02-12-2011 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

hi the titled thread just happened about 15 mins ago. i was crossing the road, it's pitch black. this guy reverses out of his drive way at speed, only lights on was the reverse. then takes of carrying me a couple of yards. he'd no lights .
    should i call the guards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

ermm....yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,993 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

hi the titled thread just happened about 15 mins ago. i was crossing the road, it's pitch black. this guy reverses out of his drive way at speed, only lights on was the reverse. then takes of carrying me a couple of yards. he'd no lights .

Are you still in the gutter?:confused:

If you are, there's probably an ambulance-chasing lawyer lying next to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

You should call a doctor or go to the hospital, make sure you are not hurt.
    He was reversing, what lights should he have?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Hold on I just want to feed the kids..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Pfft...you should have posted in PI!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Did he stop ? does he know ?

mattjack wrote: »
    Hold on I just want to feed the kids..

Give them coke and crisps for now, they will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Watch out for their cars.

TheZohan wrote: »
    Pfft...you should have posted in PI!

Where is the fun in that, I need a good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lyndsey? A friend of mine just said the same thing on facebook! WEIRD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No. This calls for revenge. Horrible, violent revenge. Let nothing stand in your way, hunt him down and kill him. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Go to a Garda station - call 999 and you'll be waiting a few hours

Also did he notice he hit you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Cha-ching!

If you're not injured you must feign injury so that you get bigger compensation.

Drinks are on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Are you tyred?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Did the driver say anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

hondasam wrote: »
    You should call a doctor or go to the hospital, make sure you are not hurt.
    He was reversing, what lights should he have?

eeerrrmm..... reversing lights??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This reminds me of the time a friend crashed his car and texted "I've just crashed the car, what do I do?".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Reminds me of this, 00:35 :pac:

Problem sorted.
    Lacking energy, craving carbs and feeling run-down and lacklustre can all be linked to a vitamin D deficiency.

http://www.yell.com/health/information/health-food-shops

Rantan wrote: »
    eeerrrmm..... reversing lights??

eeerrrmm.....

Unless the op is confused with what reversing is?

• Advertisement

Op are you there,can you type any more,where they your last words ????

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

he didn't see me, he torn out of his drive way, first he knew of me was when he took off. i'm not an ambulance chaser. i was crossing the road before he even left his driveway. he attitude was did you not see me, when i told he came tearing out,he said he was in a hurry blah blah blah. it happened in a matter of seconds. aside from his reverse light he was in darkness in other words no other lights were on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

eeerrrmm.....

Unless the op is confused with what reversing is?

Tis pitch black
    realies wrote: »
    Op are you there,can you type any more,where they your last words ????

She's been rumbled

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

he didn't see me, he torn out of his drive way, first he knew of me was when he took off. i'm not an ambulance chaser. i was crossing the road before he even left his driveway. he attitude was did you not see me, when i told he came tearing out,he said he was in a hurry blah blah blah. it happened in a matter of seconds. aside from his reverse light he was in darkness in other words no other lights were on.

He ? Its always male drivers...

But you lived to tell this tale, well done. Have a cup of tea and a fag. Get on with your life.

If he is being unreasonable and not giving a crap about you I would follow it through and report it and also go down to your local hospital.

phasers wrote: »
    Did the driver say anything?

Yes "Gotcha, ya bastard!"

mattjack wrote: »
    He ? Its always male drivers...

Women are usually checking their make up in the mirror, they would have seen the op :pac:

But you lived to tell this tale, well done. Have a cup of tea and a fag. Get on with your life.

No way the driver is in the wrong here.An apology or something similar with it been the festive season and all wouldent go a miss.:)

• Advertisement

Women are usually checking their make up in the mirror, they would have seen the op :pac:

Only if he was wearing the same dress as they were. Perhaps he was, and that was why he was flattened?

Advertisement