Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just after getting run over, should i inform the guards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

report to the guards and push for a proscectition, you might have to go to court...
    at the end of it all it was careless/ dangerous driving/....shows the amount of people who dont know the rules of the road.:eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

realies wrote: »
    No way the driver is in the wrong here.An apology or something similar with it been the festive season and all wouldent go a miss.:)

If it actually happened the op would need an ambulance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

report to the guards and push for a proscectition, you might have to go to court...
    at the end of it all it was careless/ dangerous driving/....shows the amount of people who dont know the rules of the road.:eek::p

No, it shows the amount of people that don't give a fuck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

stovelid wrote: »
    Are you tyred?

I'd say he's exhausted.

hi the titled thread just happened about 15 mins ago. i was crossing the road, it's pitch black. this guy reverses out of his drive way at speed, only lights on was the reverse. then takes of carrying me a couple of yards. he'd no lights .
    should i call the guards?

What were you holding onto ? did he stay driving in reverse?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

hondasam wrote: »

Not necessary there have many a case of people going to hospitals the next day after accidents and being told they have a broken leg or rib or something .

What were you holding onto ? did he stay driving in reverse?
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyasus Carrrrrrrrrr-ist! :eek:

I thought you were around a lot longer! how in the name of bejaysus did you rack up 20,000 posts in under 8 months :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

OP, I can only imagine you're winding us up or something along those lines. If someone tore out of their drive at speed, in the dark without paying proper attention and hit another person so hard that they were carried across the road on the car you can be quite confident that the vast majority of posters here in AH would report this to the Gardai first and talk about it on a forum such as Boards after that had happened.

If it really happened to you as described, where are your priorities? Would it not be common sense to report such an incident to the Guards. Or, did it not really happen as described?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

ohhh it happened alright, my wife was there. so just in someone asks i have a witness. he was in a hurry, didn't see me. he got stroppy at first and as soon as i mentioned the guards his attitude changed to being sorry and he was in a hurry. we shook on it and he literally tore of with heads on of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

What's a proscectition ?

• Advertisement

Abi wrote: »
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyasus Carrrrrrrrrr-ist! :eek:

I thought you were around a lot longer! how in the name of bejaysus did you rack up 20,000 posts in under 8 months :eek: :eek:

April 2010.don't you start on my post count :p
    ohhh it happened alright, my wife was there. so just in someone asks i have a witness. he was in a hurry, didn't see me. he got stroppy at first and as soon as i mentioned the guards his attitude changed to being sorry and he was in a hurry. we shook on it and he literally tore of with heads on of course.

Did you see him?

OP, I can only imagine you're winding us up or something along those lines. If someone tore out of their drive at speed, in the dark without paying proper attention and hit another person so hard that they were carried across the road on the car

If it really happened to you as described, where are your priorities? Would it not be common sense to report such an incident to the Guards. Or, did it not really happen as described?
    HE TORE OUT NO LIGHTS EXCEPT FOR HIS REVERSE LIGHT. WHEN HE WAS PARALLEL WITH THE ROAD HE TOOK OF DRAGGING ME A FEW YARDS. THE FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS HE'D NO FRONT LIGHTS ON. HE NEVER EVEN SAW ME.

Did you see him?
    please read my replies. i had started to cross the road before he had even started to leave his drive way. i was almost in the middle of the road when he straightened his car. when he to started to take off i was at his front nearside where his headlights are. hence it's the first thing i noticed, they were off.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

TheZohan wrote: »
    Pfft...you should have posted in PI!

What is PI.

Oh, I thought it said 2011 for a sec. Still though :D

/counts on paws

Tooked me four years 'n .... 1..2..3.. 4 months to get this far, and you've about 4500 on me :pac:

Andy!! wrote: »
    What is PI.

Personal Issues forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So you were knocked down by a careless driver, you have a witness and yet you came to After Hours looking for advice. Strange.

please read my replies. i had started to cross the road before he had even started to leave his drive way. i was almost in the middle of the road when he straightened his car. when he to started to take off i was at his front nearside where his headlights are. hence it's the first thing i noticed, they were off.

Stop changing the story or make it more clear at the start.
    you are ok, that's the main thing. Any street lights?

Were you on the bonnet then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Andy!! wrote: »
    What is PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

THE FIRST THING I NOTICED WAS HE'D NO FRONT LIGHTS ON.
    It's strange what things you notice when someone reverses over you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

1. Get hit by reversing car
    2. Ask boards.ie whether or not to inform the guards
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

Stop changing the story or make it more clear at the start.
    you are ok, that's the main thing. Any street lights?

Were you on the bonnet then?
    yes there are street lights,
    Ficheall wrote: »
    It's strange what things you notice when someone reverses over you...
    i said he reversed out, when he went forward or took off i was at his front light and ended up at the windscreen such was the impact. in those few seconds he saw me then stopped.

Fart wrote: »
    1. Get hit by reversing car
    2. Ask boards.ie whether or not to inform the guards
    3. ???
    4. Profit!
    either way i'm going to the doctor, to complicate things i had surgery last week. hence i'm walking around and not driving.

i said he reversed out, when he went forward or took off i was at his front light and ended up at the windscreen such was the impact.

Now you were hanging on looking in the windscreen at him and he still did not see you :pac::pac:
    Is this a scene for a new movie?

Was the surgery due to getting hit by a car ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

If you've been run over and are injured,you should report him to the guards.
    It's not rocket science..

either way i'm going to the doctor, to complicate things i had surgery last week. hence i'm walking around and not driving.
    You said you both shook on it, so obviously you're not as 'okay' with it as you said at the time. If you're going to do anything about it, you'd want to do it asap. If you've any cuts or bruising as a result of being hit, they will need to be documented. You might want to close the laptop and make tracks to the garda station now, as they will want to know why you didn't report it as soon as it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

At least you know where he lives! Thats a hit and run in my book, go to the Gards.

Jayzus Hondasam, 20,000 posts in just over a year..thought i'd continue that topic :P

Now you were hanging on looking in the windscreen at him and he still did not see you :pac::pac:
    Is this a scene for a new movie?
    how could he see me, he was in a hurry. right lets call a spade a spade here. he reversed out of his drive way without due care and attention. the reason he didn't see me was because he'd no lights on. i was at the front near side of his car wearing a dark cream jacket. i was half way across the road before he even started to reverse out of his drive way. i'm not one for getting the guards unless it's something serious. your talking the guts of 30-40 feet from his drive way to where the impact was. it only took literally seconds for this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

gurramok wrote: »
    At least you know where he lives! Thats a hit and run in my book, go to the Gards.

Jayzus Hondasam, 20,000 posts in just over a year..thought i'd continue that topic :P[/QUOTE

Yep a hit n run :( Now Hondasam explain :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If you want to go to the guards you should do it now before you post further in this thread. If the person that hit you sees this thread he can use the fact that the first thing you did was post on an internet forum rather than seeking medical attention as proof that you weren't badly hurt.

Advertisement