Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just after getting run over, should i inform the guards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭bullpost

Maybe he was Spanish and was heading off to celebrate? They are mad yolks on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

gurramok wrote: »
    At least you know where he lives! Thats a hit and run in my book, go to the Gards.

Jayzus Hondasam, 20,000 posts in just over a year..thought i'd continue that topic :P

There is a thread somewhere.:pac:
    how could he see me, he was in a hurry. right lets call a spade a spade here. he reversed out of his drive way without due care and attention. the reason he didn't see me was because he'd no lights on. i was at the front near side of his car wearing a dark cream jacket. i was half way across the road before he even started to reverse out of his drive way. i'm not one for getting the guards unless it's something serious. your talking the guts of 30-40 feet from his drive way to where the impact was. it only took literally seconds for this to happen.

He is wrong, report him to the guards and let them deal with it.
    realies wrote: »
    gurramok wrote: »
    At least you know where he lives! Thats a hit and run in my book, go to the Gards.

Jayzus Hondasam, 20,000 posts in just over a year..thought i'd continue that topic :P[/QUOTE

Yep a hit n run :( Now Hondasam explain :p

It was not a hit n run, the driver did leave the scene but spoke to the op/ip.

My post count is because I am sad, lonely and anti social with no life outside of boards, according to some, not me of course:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

hi the titled thread just happened about 15 mins ago. i was crossing the road, it's pitch black. this guy reverses out of his drive way at speed, only lights on was the reverse. then takes of carrying me a couple of yards. he'd no lights .
    should i call the guards?
    Technically you hit him from behind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

What's dark cream ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

he hit you and drove off?? hes in the wrong...badly.

• Advertisement

ghosttown wrote: »
    What's dark cream ?

Brown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭kazul

Is the car ok?

Seriously OP, you're a big boy - you decide whether to call the police or not. Why are you asking strangers on the internet for advice?
    Have you been drinking/taking drugs?
    Were you injured?

What's dark cream ?
    Beige:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

What's dark cream ?

In need of a good cleaning.

df1985 wrote: »
    he hit you and drove off?? hes in the wrong...badly.
    Prove it happened at all!! You wouldn't be on an internet forum 15 mins later if something like this happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Op is in shock and he came to AH for help and advice, That's what you do isn't it ??

how could he see me, he was in a hurry.

In such a hurry that he travelled faster the speed of light? That's the only scenario I can think of that makes sense of the above statement.
    You should call an ambulance, maybe you suffered a brain injury?

realies wrote: »
    Op is in shock and he came to AH for help and advice, That's what you do isn't it ??
    Ah, no. Think I'd call the guards and report the driver!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭AnnaGram85

You were run over, yet your first port of call is not the guards or ambulance, it's an internet forum full of people you don't know that will most likely make fun of you......................

Wise move OP. Wise move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

OP - I think you'll get done for wasting the guard's time to be honest. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

OP - I think you'll get done for wasting the guard's after hours time to be honest. :cool:

:):D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

If you hang around here a bit longer our own Dr Bollocko is sure to appear , maybe even Father Len if we need to do a bit of altar jumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

AnnaGram85 wrote: »
    You were run over, yet your first port of call is not the guards or ambulance, it's an internet forum full of people you don't know that will most likely make fun of you......................

Wise move OP. Wise move.

And they posted in AH to make sure they get useful replies!

OP you have to report this to the Gardaí, you where involved in an RTI and they have to be reported.

Del2005 wrote: »
    And they posted in AH to make sure they get useful replies!

OP you have to report this to the Gardaí, you where involved in an RTI and they have to be reported.

what's RTI ?

hondasam wrote: »
    what's RTI ?

Raving
    Thick
    Idiot
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

No point calling the authorities OP, what happened was actually intentional. You see, the man that hit you is a member of the Grammar Police. Suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,930 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

hondasam wrote: »
    what's RTI ?

Road Traffic Incident, not allowed call them accidents as no one is to blame for an accident.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Road Traffic Incident, not allowed call them accidents as no one is to blame for an accident.

Right, thought it was RTC, road traffic collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

hi the titled thread just happened about 15 mins ago. i was crossing the road, it's pitch black. this guy reverses out of his drive way at speed, only lights on was the reverse. then takes of carrying me a couple of yards. he'd no lights .
    should i call the guards?
    you say he had no lights, did you have torch and high vis vest while walking in the dark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

maybe this is what happened .. out for an stroll on a winter' evening wearing a dark cream jacket with his darling wife... while crossing an unlit road he gets an auld tip of a car, gets a bit of a shock and exchanges words with the driver.. walks home, not hobbles or crawls but walks. wife nags about getting new curtains in time for xmas and maybe painting the hall,stairs and landing.. op has an idea of maybe reporting the incident, tells people that he just had an operation which is now quiet sore.logs onto a chat forum to gauge the reaction to possibly reporting the incident and with a glint in his eye, he is hoping to get some financial reward to pay for aformentioned curtains and paint..
    correct me if im way off btw...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Trying to grasp the thinking behind getting a smack of a car and the first thing you do is post on an internet forum. Can't do it.

Reminds me a bit of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Dirtynosebeps, I think the decent thing to do here is find out who knocked you down and pay for any damages you may have caused to the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

Why? The OP is ok if s/he is on here talking about it?

What will this achieve ?

report to the guards and push for a proscectition, you might have to go to court...
    at the end of it all it was careless/ dangerous driving/....shows the amount of people who dont know the rules of the road.:eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

LOL Modern times

Hi I have just been the victim of a hit and run, 15 minutes ago, help me after Hours, what shall I do, should I ring the guards or an ambulance as my eyeball is hanging out as I type this.

After hours what shall I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭SC024

Op unless you wearing a full high vis vest, carrying a bright torch with good batteries & a bulb that works while you got "knocked down" it is entirely your fault, nobedy is else is even in the least bit wrong so all you need to do is man up and get on with shagging your wife before someone on here realises your not paying attention and decide to throw one into her anyway. ;)

Forget this crap of he only had reverse lights on, If he had reverse lights on that is all he needs to reverse. Hence your reverse light does not come on when you move forward thats what headlights are for.

WTF asking on here like? whats that about?

Advertisement