Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeremy Clarkson: Shoot the strikers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

His ambition is to be the editor of the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

skelliser wrote: »
    he is a contractor so isnt a public servant and has made the BBC millions with top gear.

he is also right.

50% of private sector workers dont have a pension. why?
    cause a huge lump of their taxes are paying the pensions of PS workers.
    PS sector pensions are paid from direct taxation. They are not a product of any investment.
    This system is completely unsustainable.

Agreed.

And tax breaks for private companies are unsustainable too, and should be cut.

I'm sick of paying private sector wages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭amacca

50% of private sector workers dont have a pension. why?

genuine question here....could it possibly be because they are being treated like sh1t by their employers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Jeremy Clarkson is a twat to say the least - and is only saying sorry because he was probably forced to.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    His ambition is to be the editor of the Daily Mail.

Don't be silly.....its been clear to me for ages that no one actually edits the Daily mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Hypersensitive some people. Get over it seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Crazy Horse 6

Goon. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

He's been saying all kinds of outrageous things for years and no one bat an eyelid why now. Just ignore his jibbering rants

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

He should be taken about as seriously as Louis CK when he says he wants to punch his daughter in the face. They are entertainers, they are playing characters. He's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Better to see Clarkson on the telly than some neutered politcally-correct tosser who's afraid to open their mouth for fear of offending 'somebody'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Dotsie~tmp

The world is turning to shît. Humourless, serially offended, lefty PC twats everywhere. The mediocrity of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I love when people take quotes completely out of context.

Perhaps you should read what he said directly before that, and how he actually supported the strikers.

I think its hilarious that people actually rang the police because they were "Offended"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

Latchy wrote: »
    Why didn't he say shoot the bankers instead ? Because he knew he would have lost his fcuking job , that's why ...he might still yet .

Why would he say shoot the bankers?
    The "Bankers" employ a huge amount of people in the UK, Financial services are one of their biggest industries.
    Its their crippling public service debt level that is the reason for the cuts there, the exact same as here. Keep thinking that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Take away the bellowing and he'd be just an ordinary bore rather than a bellowing bore.:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    exactly.

he's always been a Thatcherite boot boy scum bucket.

no surprise here.

Goose81 wrote: »
    Why would he say shoot the bankers?
    The "Bankers" employ a huge amount of people in the UK, Financial services are one of their biggest industries.
    Its their crippling public service debt level that is the reason for the cuts there, the exact same as here. Keep thinking that though.

a tad blinkered in one direction no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

amacca wrote: »
    genuine question here....could it possibly be because they are being treated like sh1t by their employers?

care to show us an example.

your missing the point tho.
    PS pension being paid from tax,with an ageing population etc. , is simply not sustainable.

one of the things that has been overlooked in the last ten years was the massive transfer of wealth from the young to the old.
    The property bubble was a prime example of this.

im not anti PS or anti old people btw.
    Just pointing out the reality of the situation we are in.

plan and simple.

Ireland is bankrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Sonics2k wrote: »
    I love when people take quotes completely out of context.

Perhaps you should read what he said directly before that, and how he actually supported the strikers.

Where did he say he supported the strikers?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15993558

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭Goose81

amacca wrote: »
    a tad blinkered in one direction no?

Maybe so, others are even more blinkered in the other direction though. I'm sick of these stupid banker comments being peddled out. Britain has a budget deficit every year, We have a budget deficit of 18 billion or so every year, that is nothing to do with bankers.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

Clarksons a bit of a professional troll, ain't he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

Wow, he is a fool. Although it was clearly a joke it was in no way funny... I mean, it really wasn't funny at all. Personally I think he should be shot. I think we should bring him outside and execute him in front of his family, I mean, how there he make such a horrible joke on public television while the rest of us have to work for a living.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Latchy wrote: »
    Why didn't he say shoot the bankers instead ? Because he knew he would have lost his fcuking job , that's why ...he might still yet .

Pity his columns for The Times cant be accessed anymore because he Clarkson has given bankers a piece of his mind more than once in the recent past.

care to show us an example.

an example of what?...........weren't you the one that stated 50% of private sector workers did not have pension provision or something?.....that would be my example of being treated like sh1t......at least the percentage of that not comprised of short term temp work, holiday work etc
    your missing the point tho.
    PS pension being paid from tax,with an ageing population etc. , is simply not sustainable.

Perhaps...perhaps not, what is your alternative?..............no pension provision for public sector at all......much reduced provision.....public sector to look after their own pension by investing in the private sector?

its hard to miss the point when you are not sure what your alternative is.
    one of the things that has been overlooked in the last ten years was the massive transfer of wealth from the young to the old.
    The property bubble was a prime example of this.

I hate to give a my mate told me answer so I wont.......around my locality I know 3 couples who were given a deposit for a house by their parents who are now also helping them make the repayment (I'm fairly confident this is not an isolated incident) + others supporting their out of work offspring etc etc..its seems to me as if its not a one way street of young peoples money going to old people (developers etc aside)......in fact I can see a lot of it going the other way now or alternatively...everyones money going to pay back debts we (a) should not have taken on or (b) should never have been incurred if the system was regulated properly
    im not anti PS or anti old people btw.
    Just pointing out the reality of the situation we are in.

plan and simple.

Oh me neither having been part of the public sector for a good long while....I'm not anti private sector either I hasten to add, now being part of it

Realities however are rarely as plain and simple as you paint them...if they were what you have said would be the reality right now

Ireland is bankrupt.

yes well on that at least we are in full agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The BBC should discipline him by firing sqaud

Goose81 wrote: »
    Maybe so, others are even more blinkered in the other direction though. I'm sick of these stupid banker comments being peddled out. Britain has a budget deficit every year, We have a budget deficit of 18 billion or so every year, that is nothing to do with bankers.

the urge to cry over split milk while futile in all likelihood is strong and quite understandable imo

especially when those most responsible for its spilling are not made clean it up or at least get a bit splattered with it and many who bear little responsibility are left mopping it up long after it has turned rancid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

John Doe1 wrote: »
    The BBC should discipline him by firing sqaud
    Or strap him to a chair and force him to watch Top Gear for months on end.

oh, wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Domo230 wrote: »
    Clarkson is a legend

The unpopular opinion! But I agree, i think he's hilarious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dotsie~tmp wrote: »
    The world is turning to shît. Humourless, serially offended, lefty PC twats everywhere. The mediocrity of it all.

Strangely enough, when at 7 in the evening and someone comes on and even jokes about violence, shooting wife and kids in front of each other - I have to say "Hold on a minute, have just a bit of fcukin' kop-on".

There a time and place - and Clarkson is just a gobschite, behaving as he does for self publicity/gain.

Some day he will be walking down the street soon and somebody will walk up to him I suspect and 'land' him one.
    He'd get no sympathy from the like of me.

'Legend" my arse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Biggins wrote: »
    Strangely enough, when at 7 in the evening and someone comes on and even jokes about violence, shooting wife and kids in front of each other - I have to say "Hold on a minute, have just a bit of fcukin' kop-on".

There a time and place - and Clarkson is just a gobschite, behaving as he does for self publicity/gain.

Some day he will be walking down the street soon and somebody will walk up to him I suspect and 'land' him one.

'Legend" my arse!

I'm shocked! I reckon I've agreed with every opinion from Biggins on after hours in the last year :eek:

Isn't it on the same time as the likes of eastenders? They actually show people getting shot in that. The news is on at 6, that's far worse? This was just a joke. Simple as.

The problem I have with it, if you're going to dissect every comment every comedian ever makes and take it literal, there's very little you can say. Lighten up!

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »

'Legend" my arse!

ah feck it....if everyone was the same the world would be a very boring place (definitely around 7 in the evening)

at least he stirs it up and gives people something to talk about...I quite like him on Top Gear.......and the other two goons as well.

Advertisement