Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Won 140 today on Connacht (+5), Man utd, arsenal, Hull, Birmingham.

Threw a tenner on Barnsley, Barcelona, PSG, Brest (draw no bet) and inter milan

Throws back 748 :D

Edit: Brest dnb were 9/2 by the way. 1-0 up right now away to Rennes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

EdenHazard wrote: »
    over 3.5 in alkmaar and psv matches mate?
    I dont know.
    Can see them both win to nil so that would mean 4 goals each for PSV and AZ. Not impossible of course seeing last weeks 44 goals in the Eredivisie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Going for a random €10 in the Barca game

First card before 20 min
    First corner before 8th
    First goal before 28th

5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Won 140 today on Connacht (+5), Man utd, arsenal, Hull, Birmingham.

Threw a tenner on Barnsley, Barcelona, PSG, Brest (draw no bet) and inter milan

Throws back 748 :D

nice one mate- Brave man to put Connacht +5:D
    btw did you happen to post your winning bet here before hand?
    Aftertiming can be tad frustrating when seeing a nice win and it not having been shown before hand;)

wprathead wrote: »
    nice one mate- Brave man to put Connacht +5:D
    btw did you happen to post your winning bet here before hand?
    Aftertiming can be tad frustrating when seeing a nice win and it not having been shown before hand;)

Yeah sorry, i put it on last night and basically forgot about it until 4.30pm. Cue me screaming at Birmingham to score with that bastion of all that is good, Marlon King, popping up with a late winner.

Chose Connacht because i knew they would put in a big effort at home. Happened to watch Gloucester's game previously and they really werent that incisive. So i figured Connacht might beat the spread which they did - just!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

ya was at it, we really would have won that game if we had a half decent Out Half, Niall O'Connor is SH!TE!

Good luck with your bet tonight

wprathead wrote: »
    ya was at it, we really would have won that game if we had a half decent Out Half, Niall O'Connor is SH!TE!

Good luck with your bet tonight

Cheers! Although Brest have conceded and Barnsley have thrown away a 2 goal lead. I hope Keith Andrews is as accurate next summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I've just read that Piacenza, who play in the Italian Lega Pro 1B, have filed for bankruptcy. The players have not received wages their wages for 5 months. Hard to find out more on this but if there are any Italian experts out there with more information hopefully they can update us with the going ons. Tomorrow they are at home to Bassano Virtus who are 12/5 to win.
    Got it off another site...

Barnsley blow a 2 goal lead and are 4-2 down with 20 mins left. WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

More bets then :p

Man Utd to win to nil / Lazio DNB :(

Lazio / Cliftonville :)

Cliftonville -1 :)

Burnley v Portsmouth : HT draw :)
    Barnsley v Ipswich : HT draw :(

Podolski anytime / RVP anytime / Man Utd to win to nil :(

Some profit for me, I only had a small stake on the last 2 bets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

12/1(Bet365) on Fabregas to score first tonight is massive.

Wait for the team sheet though. There's a very high chance he'll play centrally in the forward line and he's been among the goals this season.

Ok last bet for the weekend, €10 on the following:

Barcelona to beat Real Madrid (17/10)
    - must win game facing a great team, i back them to do it

Inter to beat Fiorentina (5/6) - Fiorentina to struggle to hit heights of last weekend. Maicon back for inter

Marseilles to beat Bordeaux at home (8/11) - good odds, Marseilles undefeated in 10, great win during the week at Dortmund. Must win for them. Bordeaux having a poor season sitting in 12th place

Lille to beat Dijon at home (3/10) - Lille to be too strong at home

Tottenham to beat Stoke away (11/10) - Spurs are playing great stuff and are high on confidence. Too much firepower for Stoke in my opinion. Also the sort of game where Jermaine Defoe can make hay.

Athletic Bilbao to beat Racing Santander at home (2/5) - Bilbao have been inconsistent at home but have good players. Santander havent won away yet all season and are a relegation candidate.

Llorient draw no bet to beat Lyon at home (11/10) - Llorient 9th and Lyon 4th but only 6 points separating them. Llorient unbeaten in 8 games at home (with a mean defence) with Lyon beating 4 times on the road this season. Also see a hangover from their giant win during the week in Zagreb. Have a hunch for Llorient in this one.

The above accum pays out €686 from a tenner. I could be miles out but here's hoping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Loic Rémy anytime @ 2.10

Rémy scores in almost every game for Marseille and they really need to win tonight (he's in the starting line up I've checked).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

barca dnb for me 11/10

and a couple of euro on brainstrokings accum with barca dnb being
    the only difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Tottenham to beat Stoke away (11/10) - Spurs are playing great stuff and are high on confidence. Too much firepower for Stoke in my opinion. Also the sort of game where Jermaine Defoe can make hay.

Defoe, Bale and King all doubtfull for tomorrow.

mailburner wrote: »
    barca dnb for me 11/10

and a couple of euro on brainstrokings accum with barca dnb being
    the only difference

Best of luck amigo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Real Madrid v Barcelona
    Marcelo to be booked 20/21

Few pound too on Alves Evs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Money on Messi / Ronaldo / Ayew / Remy anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

REAL MADRID: Casillas, Coentrão, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Alonso, Lass, Di María, Özil, Ronaldo & Benzema

BARCELONA: Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Puyol, Abidal, Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi & Alexis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

is there any place to put bets on players booked on 365?

Anyways, under 10 corners in the Real match is evens.

Real home this season avg 4.1 for, 3.3 against
    Barca away this season avg 6.6 for, 3.3 against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Im going against you Samich and doing over 2.5 and 11 or more corners in a double with PP 3/1.

Lets hope theres not exactly 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Got all over BTTS in El Clasico @ 4/7

Total Stake:50€
    Potential Returns:78.57€

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Chile Clausura --- Colo Colo lead 6-2 fom 1st leg .. La Serena have to go at it from the start .. could leave themselves open .. thinking either +3.5 goals or Colo -2

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Got all over BTTS in El Clasico @ 4/7

Total Stake:50€
    Potential Returns:78.57€

LOVE IH :D Nice when your bet comes in before HT and you can just enjoy the rest of the game :cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Really need Marseille to win later for 5fold with Arsenal/Birmingham/Union Berlin/Werder Bremen already done the business

Hate to be relying on a french match.

Well, **** you Marseille.

Ok last bet for the weekend, €10 on the following:

Barcelona to beat Real Madrid (17/10)
    - must win game facing a great team, i back them to do it

Inter to beat Fiorentina (5/6) - Fiorentina to struggle to hit heights of last weekend. Maicon back for inter

Marseilles to beat Bordeaux at home (8/11) - good odds, Marseilles undefeated in 10, great win during the week at Dortmund. Must win for them. Bordeaux having a poor season sitting in 12th place

Lille to beat Dijon at home (3/10) - Lille to be too strong at home

Athletic Bilbao to beat Racing Santander at home (2/5) - Bilbao have been inconsistent at home but have good players. Santander havent won away yet all season and are a relegation candidate.

Llorient draw no bet to beat Lyon at home (11/10) - Llorient 9th and Lyon 4th but only 6 points separating them. Llorient unbeaten in 8 games at home (with a mean defence) with Lyon beating 4 times on the road this season. Also see a hangover from their giant win during the week in Zagreb. Have a hunch for Llorient in this one.

The above accum pays out €686 from a tenner. I could be miles out but here's hoping :D

Marseilles 0-0 stalemate with Bordeaux ends weekend's gambling early. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, **** you Marseille.

And ****'em again !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Yardie wrote: »
    A big weekend for cards in La Liga this weekend lads:

We got some tasty matches like Levante/Sevilla and Getafe/Granada but they and most other matches are overshawdowed but what is the mother of all cardfests. El SuperClassico Real Madrid vs Barcelona.

Some bookies have their prices up early and most are Evens for over 80 points. However our good pals at victor chandler are giving 5/6 for over 65 points. I am going to smash into this for starters and will see what else presents itself on match day regarding time of first card,player bookings, red cards etc as options are slim on these at the minute

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/european-football/spain/la-liga-primera/real-madrid-v-barcelona/total-booking-points

Great odds, fantastic find yet again. kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Thanks for that Yardie!

Considering a lot of them are team mates for Spain they really do kick the **** out of each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

another accum this weekend.

Benfica, during the week:D
    Braga last night:D
    Rangers
    Celtic
    Arsenal
    Man U
    AZ Alkmar
    Psv
    Sporting Lisbon
    Dortmund
    E24 sake for E242 return, but nothing if Rangers dont get their arse in gear in the second half:mad:
    Just waiting on the one result now tomorrow, lowly kaiserslautern travel to dortmund:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement