Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football / Soccer Tips Thread v2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    Gone for Jones to be booked anytime for Schalke 13/8

He's only back from a suspension which was caused by 5 yellow cards :pac:

Its a bit dodgy betting on him for this game because I dont know can Herta cause Schalke trouble

yessssssssssssssssss
    sssssssssssssssssss
    ssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

No doubt I probably won't be able to repeat last weeks showing but here's my picks for tomorrow

Burnley v Portsmouth – Burnley @ 21/20
    Portsmouth have lost 6 out of there nine away games his season, in fact they failed to score in six of them (five out of there last six away games). Portsmouth definitely prefer to play at home this season. Burnley for there part are abit up and down at home but they do score goals at home (scoring in every game bar two) I feel Portsmouth's away form is so bad that I think there is value in Burnley.

Leicester v Peterborough – Leicester @ 4/6
    Leicester have won 60% of their home games this season (6/10), where Peterborough have lost 60% (6/10)...Peterborough have a terrible habit of leaving goals in and Leicester have a good defence (kept five clean sheets in their 10 games)

Middlesbrough v Brighton – Brighton @ 7/2
    Brough won their first game in five last week, I just feel they don't score enough and there is value in Brighton @ 7/2. Brighton have turned a corner in the last couple of weeks (three game win streak).

Reading v West Ham – 1st Half Betting Draw @ EVS
    Reading have drawn 16 out of 20 games at half time this season. Alot of these have been nil all, West Ham for there part have only drawn 3 at half time on the road but there is normally only one goal scored in the first have of there away games (5 out of 10 games)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Valencia away to Betis tomorrow look a savage price @ 5/4. Betis have lost four and drawn one of their last five games. Valencia have won 4 and lost one of their last 5. 5/4 on the away win looks a serious price, considering Valencia were knocked out of the Champions League mid week and will want to get a foot hold in the league with the two big sides playing tomorrow aswell. In the previous six meetings between Valencia and Betis it's worth noting that Valencia have won the previous 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Treble

Walsall v Charlton
    Charlton 4/5 are the inform team with Walsall only picking up 2 points in there last 6 games

Falkirk v Hamilton
    Falkirk 4/5 are unbeaten at home in the league

Stranraer v East Stirling
    Stranraer HT/FT 21/20 should win here, East Stirling are yet to win away from home

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

From Bet 365.

"Premier League favourites Man City make the trip to London to take on Andre Villas-Boas’ Chelsea side on Monday and we’ve got a fantastic free bet offer to add to the excitement of this eagerly anticipated fixture.

Place a pre-match bet on the Chelsea v Man City game and we will give you a free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.

To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50).

As always, there'll be plenty to choose from with over 60 In-Play markets available throughout the game including Next Goal, Match Goals, Total Corners, Half-Time Result, Full-Time Result and much more.

With an extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets and a fantastic free bet offer, bet365 is the number one place for all your Soccer betting.

Enjoy the action!
    The bet365 Team"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Cardiff city to score first away to Millwall 11/10

They have been ahead in 16 of their 20 league games and this again looks likely at struggling Millwall.

Just this for tomorrow, pretty confident with the form Valencia are in and Arsenal regular players all rested for their CL game mid week

FC Augsburg v Borussia Monchengladbach

I was looking at this match for tomorrow and a player for bookings stands out at me

Dominik Reinhardt for Augsburg

He's been carded 4 times out of the last 5 games so if he gets one tomorrow he'll be suspended

ill be requesting odds on him and if their good, ill give it a shot

I was looking at this match for tomorrow and a player for bookings stands out at me

He's been carded 4 times out of the last 5 games so if he gets one tomorrow he'll be suspended

Don't normally do player bookings but let us know the price, you seem to be on a roll at the moment so might follow if the odds are decent ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    From Bet 365.

"Premier League favourites Man City make the trip to London to take on Andre Villas-Boas’ Chelsea side on Monday and we’ve got a fantastic free bet offer to add to the excitement of this eagerly anticipated fixture.

Place a pre-match bet on the Chelsea v Man City game and we will give you a free In-Play bet to the same stake on the big match.

To qualify for your free In-Play bet, simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses we will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max €50).

As always, there'll be plenty to choose from with over 60 In-Play markets available throughout the game including Next Goal, Match Goals, Total Corners, Half-Time Result, Full-Time Result and much more.

With an extensive range of pre-match and In-Play markets and a fantastic free bet offer, bet365 is the number one place for all your Soccer betting.

Enjoy the action!
    The bet365 Team"

These free bet offers with bet365 are worth a 100 of PP's crap specials if so and so scores the last goal money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

cant see over 65 booking points on VC??? seems to be only 85pts 11/10 now.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

This fella worth a look too

Hannover vs Leverkusen

http://www.soccerway.com/players/sergio-pinto/1639/

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Hibs +1 tomorrow against der hun is 13/8.

Very good value imo, baring any dogdy referring decisions I think it has a good chance of coming through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Is it just me or is Barca 9/5 or Barca DNB 11/10 is amazing value?
    All form has to go out the window tomorrow night. Barca defence may be shaky, but Real can't do a bloody thing if they don't have the ball? Can see Barca winning this well. Ridiculous value imo.

Who in their right mind would have Real at 7/5??

Just noticed Real are 6/4, dunno why I though 7/5, regardless, Barca should be favs.

Premier League Matches Arsenal v Everton
    10-12-2011 15:00
    Wincast
    R Van Persie to score in 90 minutes and Arsenal to win the match @ 6/5
    Premier League Matches Norwich v Newcastle
    Anytime Goalscorer
    D Ba @ 7/4

Double
    1 line at €22.31 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €22.31
    Potential returns: €134.98

Really liking this double

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

seanhynes wrote: »
    cant see over 65 booking points on VC??? seems to be only 85pts 11/10 now.?

Line is more than likely gone. I didn't think it would even last to this morning but must have lasted most of the day. I backed it though so wait for the cleanest El Classico in history.

I quite like the look of Wimbledon to draw at home to Accrington Stanley tomorrow (12/5 VC):
    http://www.soccerway.com/matches/2011/12/10/england/league-two/afc-wimbledon/accrington-stanley-fc/1119320/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Wolves +2 5/4 all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

MikeyGorse wrote: »
    Had a punt on Braga -1 @ 21/20
    :)

Had another bet on the Valencia/Napoli games:

Valencia @ 18/5 -1
    Real Betis v Valencia
    Match Handicap +1

Napoli @ 13/5 -1
    Novara v Napoli
    Match Handicap +1

Total stake € 10.00
    Estimated return € 165.60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads does this price seem a bit big for El Classico.

Booking points 51-81 7/4
    Then 81+ is evens

• Advertisement

What are you doin in the football thread!

Took a wrong turn on xnxx

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads does this price seem a bit big for El Classico.

Booking points 51-81 7/4
    Then 81+ is evens

Over 65 was 5/6 yesterday, think you might of missed that boat.

Yes,but do people think it'd cover the 81?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Yes,but do people think it'd cover the 81?

Both league games did last season. Last game had 9 yellows and 3 reds with same ref so good chance over 81 will come in but wouldn't lump on it. I did lump on over 65 though so keep an eye out for changing prices.

last 5 head 2 heads in the league were 95, 145, 80, 100, 60

Haha 145 stands out like a sore thumb.

Npower Championship Matches Southampton v Blackpool
    10-12-2011 12:45
    Win-Draw-Win
    Southampton @ 8/13
    Premier League Matches Norwich v Newcastle
    Over/Under 2.5 Goals
    Over 2.5 Goals @ 8/11
    Premier League Matches Man Utd v Wolves
    Handicap Betting
    Wolves (+2.0) @ evens
    Your Bets
    Treble
    1 line at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €10.00
    Potential returns: €55.80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Yoshie.

Wolves+2 means utd can win by a goal and your bet will win, anything more and it loses?
    Maybe 'coz Im a fan but I can't see United at most winning by a goal. I can see us hopefully breaking out league goal drought of only 1 goal a game.
    Good luck with the bet, hope it wins, but unless they score first and we only manage to peg two back, I can't see us not going for a big win, at home after a huge embarrassment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Did something i dont do normally, betting on Feyenoord.

Took them -2 handicap @7.5 away to Utrecht.

Utrecht still missing about most of their first 11, conceded 32 goals so far this season.
    Last 4 seasons this match gave 2 draws and 2 away wins (0-3 and 0-4)
    Utrecht's style at home should suit this Feyenoord with their fast counter attacks.

Only my bad is that after taking the -2 handicap i saw the Asian handicap -2 was @7.2 which of course i would have preferred.

Match is on Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement