Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mum37

hope u get it soon annie 22, still waiting myself:(

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

yabadabado wrote: »
    You should go to the CWO while you are waiting.

The reason your claim isn't done is because its out with an inspector and this slows down the process.You should ring the inspector you dealth with to see have they returned the file to FIS because once it goes back to them ,it would be sorted out within a week.

Hi Yabadabadoo, I rang today and was told my claim is with an inspector, will he/she call to me or will I have to attend a meeting, you have knowledge regarding these matters.
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cookies and cream

Morning everyone just to let you know my date was the 15th Feb and my money was in the back this morning :) less than what is was last year and nothing has changed with me since then, wondering if anyone has the same problem, going to give them a ring today to see why is it gone down, good luck to everyone else waiting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rainbow Kitty

Morning everyone just to let you know my date was the 15th Feb and my money was in the back this morning :) less than what is was last year and nothing has changed with me since then, wondering if anyone has the same problem, going to give them a ring today to see why is it gone down, good luck to everyone else waiting :)

I noticed that too, i'm earning less this year with all the taxes and pay decreases but my fis was lower this time than last year. Only by a few euro but it all adds up i suppose. Let us know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

yummy23242 wrote: »
    Hi Yabadabadoo, I rang today and was told my claim is with an inspector, will he/she call to me or will I have to attend a meeting, you have knowledge regarding these matters.
    thanks in advance

They will contact you,depending on the reason(s) it was sent to the inspector,they might call you in to a meeting or make a house call.Do you know the reason it went to the inspector?
    I noticed that too, i'm earning less this year with all the taxes and pay decreases but my fis was lower this time than last year. Only by a few euro but it all adds up i suppose. Let us know what they say.

If ye did any overtime or got commission/bonus's that can affect the payment.Also there was a change in the USC from January 2012.

• Advertisement

They will contact you,depending on the reason(s) it was sent to the inspector,they might call you in to a meeting or make a house call.Do you know the reason it went to the inspector?

If ye did any overtime or got commission/bonus's that can affect the payment.Also there was a change in the USC from January 2012.

Yeah I tried to ring today to see why because I wouldn't have done much over time if any maybe 4 days in total but I was on hold so long I had to give up :(

Yeah I tried to ring today to see why because I wouldn't have done much over time if any maybe 4 days in total but I was on hold so long I had to give up :(

FIS can also be affected if you or you're other half are on another social welfare payment and that has increased.Im sure their is a good explanation for it either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My renewal was 2/2 I submitted all my docs in time,
    I rang to see where my claim was at, a couple of weeks ago and they said it would be another week or two then when I rang she told me it was with the inspector and when the file was returned they would issue payment never said why, then I didnt ask either, Should I ring them? Last year was first year of fis payment never knew I could get it! Since last year I had a baby, maybe this is why?

Thanks Yabadabado I'm on my own with one child, I'll try again tomorrow, thank you for all help I've been following for the few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

FIS can also be affected if you or you're other half are on another social welfare payment and that has increased.Im sure their is a good explanation for it either way.

Are you an inspector

• Advertisement

Anyone know what date they are dealing with now? The waiting time seems to be endless, all da bills r mounting up:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

mum37 wrote: »
    Anyone know what date they are dealing with now? The waiting time seems to be endless, all da bills r mounting up:(

I rang yesterday and they're working on the 16th now which is when my renewal date is. I was told mine is ready to be signed off on but because of bank holiday I may have to wait an extra week

Annie22 wrote: »
    I rang yesterday and they're working on the 16th now which is when my renewal date is. I was told mine is ready to be signed off on but because of bank holiday I may have to wait an extra week
    thnx annie 22 ive a few more weeks to wait i think! My renewal 28th feb, and im thinking ill never get payment again:(

just rang there still on 16th so ive 3 or 4 weeks to go:(

midlands1 wrote: »
    Are you an inspector

No

• Registered Users Posts: 11 billysgirl

HI YABADABADO,
    I rang to see where my claim was at, a couple of weeks ago and they said it would be another week or two then when I rang she told me it was with the inspector and when the file was returned they would issue payment never said why, then I didnt ask either, Should I ring them? Last year was first year of fis payment never knew I could get it! Since last year I had a baby, maybe this is why? I forgot my login and came under guest. do you think I should ring them?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mommy bear

Thats not good news!Twill be 12 weeks tomorrow since we received a payment so thought we might be sorted at this stage!Waiting this long sucks!

billysgirl wrote: »
    HI YABADABADO,
    I rang to see where my claim was at, a couple of weeks ago and they said it would be another week or two then when I rang she told me it was with the inspector and when the file was returned they would issue payment never said why, then I didnt ask either, Should I ring them? Last year was first year of fis payment never knew I could get it! Since last year I had a baby, maybe this is why? I forgot my login and came under guest. do you think I should ring them?:)

You could call them and see the reason it was sent out but there is numerous reasons why it goes out.Maybe ask for the name and number of the inspector and contact them to get a idea how long they will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Annie22

Hi guys I got mine this morning with arrears, thank god! I hope you all receive good news soon x (btw my date was the 16/2)

mommy bear wrote: »
    Thats not good news!Twill be 12 weeks tomorrow since we received a payment so thought we might be sorted at this stage!Waiting this long sucks! QUOTE) Yea so agree im 11weeks waiting n they told me 3 or 4 more weeks! I dunno any more:(

• Advertisement

Thats not good news!Twill be 12 weeks tomorrow since we received a payment so thought we might be sorted at this stage!Waiting this long sucks! QUOTE) Yea so agree im 11weeks waiting n they told me 3 or 4 more weeks! I dunno any more:(
    Hang in there.Its very frustrating and no doubt would get you down but please god you will be sorted soon and can get back to normality.Ill keep you posted if i hear anything.My renewal is 23rd Feb.

any updates guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

any updates guys?

You should ring them . I would imagine there the only ones that can tell you when your claim will be done.

they are processing 23/2/12 claims.

they are processing 23/2/12 claims.

God i have been waiting for that news!Great !Please god we might be sorted this week.Twill have been 13 weeks since payment.Disaster!Thanks a mill for post.

thanx yabdabdoo! Dont want to ring again only rang last week!! Ur v good, ive not long to go i hope!

Please God they wont be on this date too long and youll be sorted next week.Or maybe we might get a miracle and they will do two weeks together!Well you d never know!They might try get back on schedule with waiting times as its over the 10 to 12 its been .Fingers crossed for you!

Please God they wont be on this date too long and youll be sorted next week.Or maybe we might get a miracle and they will do two weeks together!Well you d never know!They might try get back on schedule with waiting times as its over the 10 to 12 its been .Fingers crossed for you!

Going on the last few dates processed it is taking about 3 weeks to process a date.

They have no way of getting "back on schedule" its all down to the volume of claims on any one date,every date is different so one date could be sorted in a week and another could take 3 weeks.

There was a old FIS thread and it was mentioned that March is the busiest renewal time because a few years ago social welfare did an ad campaign around that time of year and huge amount applied then.

They do have a message saying an average wait of 20 weeks,its not taking that long but I suppose that covers all their bases,if it gets busier.

Going on the last few dates processed it is taking about 3 weeks to process a date.

They have no way of getting "back on schedule" its all down to the volume of claims on any one date,every date is different so one date could be sorted in a week and another could take 3 weeks.

There was a old FIS thread and it was mentioned that March is the busiest renewal time because a few years ago social welfare did an ad campaign around that time of year and huge amount applied then.

They do have a message saying an average wait of 20 weeks,its not taking that long but I suppose that covers all their bases,if it gets busier.
    Thanks again.Hoping to avoid the march madness so!pps no in my favour too i think, so i might get lucky.will be more prepared for the wait next time !Never want to be in this situation again!

• Advertisement

hope u get sorted out soon mommy bear, u have been a great support!!

Advertisement