Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone ever used this website before to buy shoes?
    https://www.sportsshoes.com/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, many times. Only issue is if you have to return them you need to pay postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Yep, me too loads of times. Some great deals to be had on there. It's also worth checking out the sale/outlet stores on nike.ie and adidas.ie. I've had some bargains there as well. mandmdirect have some decent bargains too from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

If looking to go online, I recently used startfitness, price was much the same as sportsshoes but stated delivery times to ROI were quicker.
    In fact though it says 4-8 working days on standard delivery, it was even quicker than that - ordered Tuesday night, shipped Wednesday, delivered Friday.
    Sportshoes stated delivery times to ROI are 10-14 working days for standard delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cheers for that and the other website Start fitness - both websites look nearly the same.
    I found my shoes just in the next model up. Both websites same prices, just quicker shipping with Start.
    Payday on Friday!

• Advertisement

The Nike website has these on offer in one colour for €84.99 with free delivery:

Pegasus 33

That's the cheapest I've seen them around. I need to rebuild my collection - I've only a pair of Glide Boost 8's and Takumi Sen with no miles on them - everything else is nearly worn out or doesn't really suit me. I'm going to assume these are similar to the 32's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The Edge Sports (Cork shop with a website you can order from) has 7's in size 11 and 6's in 10.5

Jaysus that shop is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Brooks Wire 4
    Seal broken this afternoon

C-guplbWsAEHscs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

You know the way they run a competition on how many sweets in a jar. We should run one on how many pairs of runners in BeepBeep's house!!

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of these:

http://www.mandmdirect.ie/01/details/ad13146/adidas-adizero-takumi-sen-boost-3-lightweight-neutral-race-running-shoes-shock-green-core-black-blue-glow

I'm not sure if I need them, but I couldn't leave them there for €78.

I took these out for spin today:

415972.jpg

What a gorgeous pair of shoes. :D So light and fast. I felt like they were moulded to my feet. The boost foam under the forefoot felt more than enough. I liked the firmness under the heel - I seemed to heel strike less with these, although not consciously - I didn't change my stride or anything - it just felt natural. The uppers were barely there and well vented. Even the laces where great - nice long "old fashioned" cotton laces that tied very tight and never slipped, unlike the synthetic laces on a lot of shoes. I just ran at easy pace for round 10k in them - but it just felt so easy. I might be imagining things and drawing the wrong conclusions but I definitely ran faster in these. I just felt like I was floating along like my legs were on autopilot. I must say the calves were a small bit twitchy afterwards. I'd love to able to run a marathon in these, but I think they're just too light for me, but I'll definitely be trying them up to the half distance. It's going to be very hard not to run in these every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

The Nike website has these on offer in one colour for €84.99 with free delivery:

Pegasus 33

That's the cheapest I've seen them around. I need to rebuild my collection - I've only a pair of Glide Boost 8's and Takumi Sen with no miles on them - everything else is nearly worn out or doesn't really suit me. I'm going to assume these are similar to the 32's.

Would love to hear how they compare to the 32's need to get a new pair and that price is excellent

glic83 wrote: »
    Would love to hear how they compare to the 32's need to get a new pair and that price is excellent

I'll let you know next week. I was talking to a workmate of mine who has pair and he says there as good as the 32s, although he doesn't do lot of mileage anymore. The big difference as far as I can tell is that they've put a Zoom air bag in the forefoot too. I was half thinking about going for the Nike Winflo for a daily trainer - they seem to be budget version of the Pegasus, but a good bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 only running

I like the look of those takumi sen alot. Very boring but i always buy sauncony kinvaras - sticking to what i know

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Go my new Mizuno Catalyst 2 last Thursday. Got out for a short 3 mile run in them that evening and then for 7.5 on Friday morning
    First impressions are they are as light as the Asics DS Trainer 21, Slightly different feel on the landing and nice springy take off.
    I did notice they were quieter due to not having a hard sole. Hopefully they will be as good as the DS as i loved them but due to new model being too narrow, i had to look for alternative.
    Mizuno.jpg

boydkev wrote: »
    Go my new Mizuno Catalyst 2 last Thursday. Got out for a short 3 mile run in them that evening and then for 7.5 on Friday morning
    First impressions are they are as light as the Asics DS Trainer 21, Slightly different feel on the landing and nice springy take off.
    I did notice they were quieter due to not having a hard sole. Hopefully they will be as good as the DS as i loved them but due to new model being too narrow, i had to look for alternative.
    Mizuno.jpg

They look nice alright. If there's one thing I don't like about the DS Trainer it's that slapping noise. I might have to give a pair of these a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

415972.jpg

What a gorgeous pair of shoes. :D So light and fast. I felt like they were moulded to my feet. The boost foam under the forefoot felt more than enough. I liked the firmness under the heel - I seemed to heel strike less with these, although not consciously - I didn't change my stride or anything - it just felt natural. The uppers were barely there and well vented. Even the laces where great - nice long "old fashioned" cotton laces that tied very tight and never slipped, unlike the synthetic laces on a lot of shoes. I just ran at easy pace for round 10k in them - but it just felt so easy. I might be imagining things and drawing the wrong conclusions but I definitely ran faster in these. I just felt like I was floating along like my legs were on autopilot. I must say the calves were a small bit twitchy afterwards. I'd love to able to run a marathon in these, but I think they're just too light for me, but I'll definitely be trying them up to the half distance. It's going to be very hard not to run in these every day.

Got a pair of these myself, arrived today. Haven't run in these yet, but I'd imagine I'd wear them mainly in races from 5 miles to 10 miles. I'm not sure I'd use them for speed sessions though maybe just for races.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Just ordered these Adidas Supernova
    adidas-Supernova-Grey-03.png

85€ on wiggle.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

kave2 wrote: »

85€ on wiggle.co.uk

Report back please and thank you. Eyeing these up as my next pair.

glic83 wrote: »

They arrived yesterday and got their first outing this evening on a short recovery run. First impressions are good. The uppers seem a bit less airy, and they were a tiny bit tight around the forefoot but I just threw them on without adjusting the laces enough so that's not a problem. Good grip. You can really feel the Zoom Airbag under the forefoot - it feels like an extra bit of bounce. Plenty of cushioning, but not too soft. They'll be my marathon shoe I'd say. If you liked the 32's go for it.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Got a pair of these myself, arrived today. Haven't run in these yet, but I'd imagine I'd wear them mainly in races from 5 miles to 10 miles. I'm not sure I'd use them for speed sessions though maybe just for races.

I was thinking of wearing them for sessions, but I want to make them last, so probably not. I have a 6 miler this Wednesday so I can't wait to try them out in a race setting.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of wearing them for sessions, but I want to make them last, so probably not. I have a 6 miler this Wednesday so I can't wait to try them out in a race setting.

Should be fine for eighty 10ks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

#16 next.
    tried them all and none alleviate Achilles tendinitis like brooks for me!
    brooks all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

great website
    can be very lucky and less frustrating than looking through tk maxx!

Picked these up for < £45, so couldn't resist.

Brought them on a mixed bag run this morning over paving, trail, sand and boulders, performed admirably and a really comfortable pair of runners.

-3.5mm dynamic offset, reasonable room in the toe box, I'm impressed so far.

34351897342_a88d5022c8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Picked these up for < £45, so couldn't resist.

Brought them on a mixed bag run this morning over paving, trail, sand and boulders, performed admirably and a really comfortable pair of runners.

-3.5mm dynamic offset, reasonable room in the toe box, I'm impressed so far.

34351897342_a88d5022c8_b.jpg

They're a fine shoe, yeah. That the N1 or what version? Have the N0 for short stuff, well had, they're a bit old now and then bought the N1 for longer distances earlier this year. Light, comfortable, very little to complain about and the price was like you paid. Great value. They do feel a bit 'unprotected' for marathon distance. I have yet to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Merde!! I see Pearl Izumi have stopped their running line. Might have to get a couple of those before they disappear completely then.

Itziger wrote: »
    They're a fine shoe, yeah. That the N1 or what version? Have the N0 for short stuff, well had, they're a bit old now and then bought the N1 for longer distances earlier this year. Light, comfortable, very little to complain about and the price was like you paid. Great value. They do feel a bit 'unprotected' for marathon distance. I have yet to decide.

N1 v2, picked them up on a sports pursuit flash sale with a 10% discount off the sale price.

Amazon have a snot green pair for similar change.
    Disappointed if they've killed their running line, seem to have kept the tri line, which looks similar with the addition of elasticated laces :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

They look nice alright. If there's one thing I don't like about the DS Trainer it's that slapping noise. I might have to give a pair of these a go.

I have run 50 miles in the mizuno Catalyst 2, they are working well and are fast to run in. Not sure if the runners caused it but i have a sore area between the ball of my foot and big toe. Never had it before. Not sure if they will suit me for DCM.

I have also been looking at the Asics Dynaflyte and tried a pair on and they felt really good. They seems very similar to the DS Trainer but have more room in my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

kave2 wrote: »

85€ on wiggle.co.uk

Update:
    First short run today, 6km. They are similar to my Nike Vomero 11 but mid-sole is softer. Toe box is definitely wider, roomier and stretchier but they are half size bigger then Nike. Don't like that tongue is not part of the shoe like on Nike, and lacing system on Nike(FLyWire) feels much better than the regular one on Adidas. IMO it gives a better lockdown. One thing that worries me a bit is there is some soft plastic in the toe box, around toes, and I can see it pushing and stretching the mesh upper.

I will report back after the longer run if needed.

• Advertisement

415972.jpg

I raced in these on Wednesday night (6 miles). They were awesome!! :D
    My form did get a bit sloppy towards the end, and my calves were fairly hopping the next day, but they were so comfortable and light it was worth it.

Advertisement