Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Picked up these Nike Air Zoom Speed Rival 5s on Prodirect Running over the Black Friday weekend. First run in them this morning to break them in.

877BBD74-72A8-4760-96D2-9B05D510738A_zps6yf5zksm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Just bought a pair of Adidas Sequence Boost 9 on wiggle for €55! €140 in the shops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭mbarr

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Just bought a pair of Adidas Sequence Boost 9 on wiggle for €55! €140 in the shops here.

Just came on to post that I picked up a pair of glide boost 9s for 55. Great deal for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Bahanaman wrote: »

Cheers for posting that. Just bought a pair as well.

Might buy another pair! Savage value. Feel a bit guilty not buying from an Irish shop but €55 V €140!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Looks like I'm not going to able to source Kinvaras at a decent price for the foreseeable. I found Mizuno Hitogamis to be quite similar, but they don't seem to be around either. Anyone got any suggestions for a similar shoe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Saucony Breakthru is very similar, only a slightly higher heel/Toe drop. (8mm instead of 4mm).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Just got 2 pairs of Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 8s on wiggle for €106 including delivery. If you spend over £100 you get £15 off using the code wiggle1 - that was a €23 discount. Great value

Just got 2 pairs of Adidas Supernova Glide Boost 8s on wiggle for €106 including delivery. If you spend over £100 you get £15 off using the code wiggle1 - that was a €23 discount. Great value

The black ones are only €46 a pair! Not many sizes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

HI All,

So i am a big Brooks Launch runner fan, but I like to try some other runners that are similar.

Looking at reviews, some said Nike Dual Fusion x2 are similar.

Any recommendations or opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Recently started running. So far only doing 15-20km a week, hope to increase as I aim to do HM this year.

Currently using very wore out kayano 19's. Girl 5ft 6 and around 150 lbs. No gait analysis done but from videos online I think I'm neutral pronation

Quick read through thread and looking for recommendations have narrowed down to following:

Adidas supernova glide 7
    Mizuno wave rider 17
    Adidas glide boost 7

Anything else under 85euro don't mind if not new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Recently started running. So far only doing 15-20km a week, hope to increase as I aim to do HM this year.

Currently using very wore out kayano 19's. Girl 5ft 6 and around 150 lbs. No gait analysis done but from videos online I think I'm neutral pronation

Quick read through thread and looking for recommendations have narrowed down to following:

Adidas supernova glide 7
    Mizuno wave rider 17
    Adidas glide boost 7

Anything else under 85euro don't mind if not new version.

I'd recommend getting shoes fitted. I went to Amphibian King in Dublin one weekend when I was up but any good running shop will be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Maybe I'm a Green horn about all of this but do real runners like yourselves not like Asics at all? Curious about all these brands I've barely heard of before!

Currently wear Asics Gel Pulse 8, I find them so comfy but I'd only be a 5k runner really with a view to stepping it up next year.

Did a Gait Analysis in Elverys but didn't feel it was very detailed, basically said that I strike with my heels.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a Green horn about all of this but do real runners like yourselves not like Asics at all? Curious about all these brands I've barely heard of before!

Currently wear Asics Gel Pulse 8, I find them so comfy but I'd only be a 5k runner really with a view to stepping it up next year.

Did a Gait Analysis in Elverys but didn't feel it was very detailed, basically said that I strike with my heels.

Asics don't work for everyone. Too narrow for me. Brooks suits me more. Not even sure if Asics are the biggest running brand anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Is the Sport Direct stuff genuine? They have some great deals atm. Looking to buy some runners. Thanks.

kave2 wrote: »
    Is the Sport Direct stuff genuine? They have some great deals atm. Looking to buy some runners. Thanks.

Yeah they are. Bought from them before. Think them and sweatshop are the same.

Post a link to the bargains

Yeah they are. Bought from them before. Think them and sweatshop are the same.

Post a link to the bargains
    I'm thinking about these, can't decide which one.
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/nike-air-zoom-vomero-11-mens-running-shoes-211040?colcode=21104018

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/nike-air-zoom-pegasus-33-mens-running-shoes-210295?colcode=21029518

Link to sale section
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/running/running-shoes/mens-running-shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

kave2 wrote: »

Im on my second pair of pegasus33. Will be getting another pair. 60 euro is a good deal.

Great shoe for easy and long runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Just bought a pair of Nike Lunarglide 7 from the Nike shop in Blanchardstown. Never thought I would end up in a pair of Nikes but first impressions are that they are very fast and comfortable. They only cost €53. Absolute bargain.

Next up is a pair on Inov-8 X talon 212 for a big mountain race in February. I'll be hitting the hills hard with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Just bought a pair of Nike Lunarglide 7 from the Nike shop in Blanchardstown. Never thought I would end up in a pair of Nikes but first impressions are that they are very fast and comfortable. They only cost €53. Absolute bargain.

I have the 7 too with 480 miles on them and will get another couple of hundred miles out of them. I was the Nike store in Killarney at the weekend and noticed them at that price, good deal on the shoe.

• Advertisement

Finally managed to order a couple of pairs of Kinvaras for a reasonable enough price. €78 a pair from sportsshoes.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

When I did my gait analysis, I got Brooks Vapor 2s, really liked them, so bought another pair when I needed to. Unfortunately can't find them cheap enough anywhere, so got Salomon Sense Link trail shoes, I like them, have a better grip than the Vapors but found them a bit tight, so today have ordered another pair, half a size up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Currently rotating Hitogami 2 and Kinvara 6. Both have 400 plus miles on them so it was time to stock up. Noticeable increase in prices across the board over the past 5/6 months.

Picked up a pair of Hitogami 3 for €77 on Amazon. Also pulled the trigger on my first pair of Adizero Adios Boost 3. M&M have them on clearance and they work out at approx €62 delivered.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Got a pair of Brooks Ravenna for €46 in TKMaxx while I was back home - grand for a second pair :)

New pair of Mizuno Wave Paradox to pick up from the mail room at work too.

Just got these :-)

Nike Vomero 11

56f52ee9d0e10.jpg

Nike Vom?

oh dear

davedanon wrote: »
    Nike Vom?

oh dear

Why?

Vom is short for vomit, obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Currently switching between Nike Downshifter 6 and Adidas Galactic Elite but on the lookout for a new pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Trained for and ran the last DCM in Brooks Adrenaline 16, fine show but perhaps a bit "clumpy" for some peoples taste. I am considering the New Balance 860v7 as my long run shoe and the NB Vazee Prismv2 for speedwork and shorter runs. Anybody using these and feedback would be appreciated.

Advertisement