Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

TK Maxx has Adrenaline 15 and Transcend 2 back on the shelves again.

Anyone who wear Adrenaline made a move to the Transcend, how do they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

Adidas Takumi Sen 3 down to €63.98 delivered on adidas.ie site.

http://www.adidas.ie/adizero-takumi-sen-3-shoes/AQ2440.html?forceSelSize=AQ2440_640

Use Promo "Extra20"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Only started running a coupe of years ago. I knew nothing about gait at the time so just walked into Lifestyle sports, picked up a pair of Asics (Gel Zarraco 3) that were on special and started running in them.. They always felt comfortable and light but i didn't have anything to compare them too..

Then I bought a pair of Reebok Pumps last November as the Asics wore out. They felt great on.. Very light and a great fit but there's very little cushioning. I can feel my teeth rattling as i'm pounding the tarmac and my shins have started hurting a bit after a decent run..

So as a neutral runner that needs cushioning, I bought a pair of Nike Win Flo 3's on SD last week for €66 and they're a game changer. Feels like i'm running on air and will be a lot more comfortable especially on longer runs..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sub430 wrote: »
    Adidas Takumi Sen 3 down to €63.98 delivered on adidas.ie site.

http://www.adidas.ie/adizero-takumi-sen-3-shoes/AQ2440.html?forceSelSize=AQ2440_640

Use Promo "Extra20"

Proper racing flat - get on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Swanner wrote: »

So as a neutral runner that needs cushioning

Or as many would say, a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Has anyone successfully moved from the Asics Kayano to another branded stability runner? I've been lucky not to get injured in the Kayanos so reluctant to change but the price of them is extortionate - I cannot find an older version on sale in my size anywhere.

I've a very flat foot, have worn orthotics all my life, but not in runners as long distance running with an orthotic throws up blisters so the stability in the kayano works well. I also have very narrow feet. I'd be interested to hear of anyone who has successfully found a substitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Neady83 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully moved from the Asics Kayano to another branded stability runner? I've been lucky not to get injured in the Kayanos so reluctant to change but the price of them is extortionate - I cannot find an older version on sale in my size anywhere.

I've a very flat foot, have worn orthotics all my life, but not in runners as long distance running with an orthotic throws up blisters so the stability in the kayano works well. I also have very narrow feet. I'd be interested to hear of anyone who has successfully found a substitute.

Have you tried the Asics shop in the Kildare outlet? I emailed them last week to see if they had any pair of Kayano in my size, and they had replied within 2 hours saying that had Kayano 21s in my size and the price was €110, but they only had them in ruby red. I also found a few pairs on Sportsdirect in my size.

I ended up buying in Elverys though. If you are signed up to Parkrun, bring your barcode in and they will give you 10% off, which means an extra €18 in your back pocket!

Edit: Just noticed you are in Galway so Kildare Outlet is very far out of your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

BDJW wrote: »
    Have you tried the Asics shop in the Kildare outlet? I emailed them last week to see if they had any pair of Kayano in my size, and they had replied within 2 hours saying that had Kayano 21s in my size and the price was €110, but they only had them in ruby red. I also found a few pairs on Sportsdirect in my size.

I ended up buying in Elverys though. If you are signed up to Parkrun, bring your barcode in and they will give you 10% off, which means an extra €18 in your back pocket!

Edit: Just noticed you are in Galway so Kildare Outlet is very far out of your way!

If your on the three network or have a code you get 15% off in elverys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Neady83 wrote: »

I abandoned them a few years ago, first went to Nike but now wearing Brooks Adrenaline.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Currently using Adidas Supernova Glide 8, about halfway through their cycle. I ordered a pair of Saucony Breakthru today from sportsshoes.com for £47.

I've used those before and really like them, they are up to version 3 now but I've just ordered the originals as they are so much cheaper.

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »

Thanks BDJW, I have a student card so I get the 10% off already, still a sting in the tail. I didn't know about the 10% off with parkrun though, thanks for the tip.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    I abandoned them a few years ago, first when to Nike but not wearing Brooks Adrenaline.

Thank you, I might give the brooks a go and see how I get on.
    If your on the three network or have a code you get 15% off in elverys

Cheers, I might tap my brother and get his code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I've had Mizuno Wave Inspire 11 previously and currently have the Wave Inspire 12, and getting the Wave Paradox 3 shortly. Would love to hear opinions on similar stability shoes from more experienced heads. I dabbled with a lighter set of Asics for sale but got bad shin and calf pain, but frankly think they were just s**t shoes (i.e., not stability nor suitable for me), nothing against the brand.

For reference, I overpronate and heel strike slightly, and traditionally run as cross training but have committed to the DCM this year.

I've had Mizuno Wave Inspire 11 previously and currently have the Wave Inspire 12, and getting the Wave Paradox 3 shortly. Would love to hear opinions on similar stability shoes from more experienced heads. I dabbled with a lighter set of Asics for sale but got bad shin and calf pain, but frankly think they were just s**t shoes (i.e., not stability nor suitable for me), nothing against the brand.

For reference, I overpronate and heel strike slightly, and traditionally run as cross training but have committed to the DCM this year.

I popped in to Gottarun in Oranmore on Saturday to ask their expert advice. The guy there said that the Brooks Adrenalin have stability but not the cushioning that I'm used to in the asics Kayano. He recommended the Hoka Arahi (these are new to the scene) as they provide both stability and cushioning (I've also heard rave reviews about these from friends). I tried them on and they felt comfortable so I've ordered a pair in my size. Will be a week or two before I get them so I won't be able to tell you how I go with them for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Does anyone have an opinion about these runners. Looking for a new pair for my next marathon. Probably looking most at the cloudflow ones.

Thanks

https://www.on-running.com/en-ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PeadarK

Currently using the Nike Zoom Elite 8's. Best running shoe i've used i a while. Haven't tried the Adidas boost yet. Really looking forward to trying them out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I should have done more research before buying my last pair. :(

Got Adidas Cloudfoam Race. Wanted to get the Nike Pegasus 33 but the Elverys I went to didn't have them and ofcourse I wanted to get something that day so I ended up getting those. Ah well, they'll do for a while.

What mileage do you usually put on your shoes before you get rid of them/stop using them for running?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Started using wave rider 19 but preferred the Brookes ghost 8 I had before. Similar shoe in theory I believe but the mizuno wave rider seems to put more pressure o my Achilles, perhaps it's a size issue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Recently moved (due to worn/age) from Asics Kayano 22s to Get-Innovate 7s. Very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Self quote: the boards equivalent of public masturbation.

HOWEVER, I have now taken a few runs in the Wave Paradox 3's and make the following observations:

More arch support. Slightly plusher feeling lining. Tongue is more cushioned, so needed to tighten the laces a bit more. Generous toe-box, even compared to the Inspire's. Heavy, but feel lighter on the feet. Very comfortable for someone who pronates slightly, and feel better on long runs than the Inspire's, hard to tell much difference on shorter faster ones. Drawback is that they are not as good looking. Let's be honest, that does count!

Generally, very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dublin9210

Started with Brooks Launch and they gave way in September.Went for Saucony Triumph iso 3 and very happy with them.Last two weeks I have been trying out the Puma 600 Ignite and so far so good.
    Racers I'm using the Nike Fkyknit Streak OC picked up in Kildare village for €89 and ran last two marathons in them and a number of sessions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Bought Adidas Response Boost 2 in TK Maxx for €47

Shlt colour but they will get dirty fairly soon.

CA3C3AD2-5AA2-42FE-BEB8-5DCD1D9B5151_zpssloesbg2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Previously wore brooks glycerin for long runs as found them very comfortable.
    Looked for a pair again and they are very expensive now. Were never cheap but I was wondering if anybody could suggest an equivalent well cushioned neutral shoe that's not 160 euro as the brooks is now?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Previously wore brooks glycerin for long runs as found them very comfortable.
    Looked for a pair again and they are very expensive now. Were never cheap but I was wondering if anybody could suggest an equivalent well cushioned neutral shoe that's not 160 euro as the brooks is now?
    Thanks

About €90 delivered : http://www.sweatshop.com/brooks-glycerin-14-mens-running-shoes-211215?colcode=21121522

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭carsfan2

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Many Thanks
    They're 90sterling for every size except 7 for some reason but still great value compared to other sites.
    Will order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

After a recent frustrating attempt to purchase a pair of Takumi Sen (they made it from Germany to Cork and back again. The fact that I live inLuxembourg, approx. 250 km from the point of departure only made it more frustrating) I have just ordered a pair of Pearl Izumi N1 from Sportspursuit I believe they're called. Super price. I have enjoyed the N0 for shorter runs so hopefully the N1 will be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,505 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Itziger wrote: »
    After a recent frustrating attempt to purchase a pair of Takumi Sen (they made it from Germany to Cork and back again. The fact that I live inLuxembourg, approx. 250 km from the point of departure only made it more frustrating) I have just ordered a pair of Pearl Izumi N1 from Sportspursuit I believe they're called. Super price. I have enjoyed the N0 for shorter runs so hopefully the N1 will be as good.
    I had very similar trouble. Adidas refunded my Paypal account, but never told me they had cancelled my order. I re-ordered the exact same pair and they actually arrived the second time. They make great shoes, but terrible web-stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Well KC it was partly and primarily my fault. The Cork address I gave was incomplete. I email them and 8, yep EIGHT days later they respond saying they have received the updated info but, eh, it may be too late. No $hit. You wait 8 days it usually is too late alright.  That'll learn me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Itziger wrote: »
    Well KC it was partly and primarily my fault. The Cork address I gave was incomplete. I email them and 8, yep EIGHT days later they respond saying they have received the updated info but, eh, it may be too late. No $hit. You wait 8 days it usually is too late alright.  That'll learn me.

I had the same problem. When I contacted them (and the couriers!!) eventually I found out that my address was incomplete too - if I remember correctly they have a problem with the form you fill in when ordering online and it doesn't transfer the address across properly. I managed to get a replacement order eventually, but I to contact them with my correct address.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Bought Adidas Response Boost 2 in TK Maxx for €47

Shlt colour but they will get dirty fairly soon.

CA3C3AD2-5AA2-42FE-BEB8-5DCD1D9B5151_zpssloesbg2.jpg

got the same yesterday, a nicer all black pair, there was a shocking mustard camouflage colour design pair there, but no amount of money off would have convinced me to get those ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Got my marathon shoes today, the Under Armour Charged Bandit 2.

http://ie.sportsdirect.com/under-armour-armour-charged-bandit-2-mens-trainers-211010?colcode=21101018

Have tried them on in store so good discount getting them online, all the reviews seem very good. I have had a UA pair of speed swift up to now and they have been great so hoping for something similar.

Advertisement