Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

This is for Beep Beep resident shoe Imelda expert, but if anyone has any info:

I thought I was onto a good one with runningwarehouse.eu; four pairs of shoes for €240, free delivery etc etc but two of the GT2000s were the wrong size and bigger sizes had sold out by the time I returned them.

BUUT, another pair of shoes ordered were a replacement for my old Saucony A6s. TWICE I got sent Saucony Type A, grrr. I sent the warehouse the link to the shoe advertised as A6 which turned out to be Type A but blurbed as A6 double grrr.

Still with me?!

When I pointed out this to customer 'care', I got this:
    Thank you for contacting Running Warehouse Europe.

I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

The shoe is nearly the same as the A6, it is the new version.

Saucy decided not to go with the number system, but it is the equivalent.

They don’t produce the old A6 anymore and told us to advertise the Type A as the same because that is how it is designed.

Of course you are still welcome to send them back.

I don't think so...a bit of cursory searching tells me the Type A is an older version. Even the mesh of the Type A is not as good as the A6s.

Anyone?

So far, definitely not recommending running warehouse.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Well, I know there was a Type A5, so that would imply that the Type A is many iterations older than the A6.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Decided to treat myself to another pair of asics DS Trainer 21's as i really cant fault them except for a issue with the edge of the tongue rolling up if i dont take care when putting them on. Also my current pair have nearly 500 miles on them and are getting holes at the back.
    Nice New colours
    Asics-Gel-DS-Trainer-21-Shoes-AW16-Racing-Running-Shoes-Black-Safety-Yellow-AW16-T624N-9007.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

I also went with a pair of New Balance Vazee Prism as my alternative shoe, Still have to try these out but have heard good things about them.
    mprsmbb_nb_14_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    This is for Beep Beep resident shoe Imelda expert, but if anyone has any info:

I thought I was onto a good one with runningwarehouse.eu; four pairs of shoes for €240, free delivery etc etc but two of the GT2000s were the wrong size and bigger sizes had sold out by the time I returned them.

BUUT, another pair of shoes ordered were a replacement for my old Saucony A6s. TWICE I got sent Saucony Type A, grrr. I sent the warehouse the link to the shoe advertised as A6 which turned out to be Type A but blurbed as A6 double grrr.

Still with me?!

When I pointed out this to customer 'care', I got this:

I don't think so...a bit of cursory searching tells me the Type A is an older version. Even the mesh of the Type A is not as good as the A6s.

Anyone?

So far, definitely not recommending running warehouse.....

Does seem to be the new version of the A6.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/saucony-womens-type-a-shoes-aw16/

That is from 2016 so I guess they've dropped the number off the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

davedanon wrote: »
    Well, I know there was a Type A5, so that would imply that the Type A is many iterations older than the A6.
    Yeah, there was definitely (definitely, I think :) ) a men's A but the origin of the women's equivalent version is slightly more obscure. Perhaps there wasn't a women's launch at the time of the men's?
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Does seem to be the new version of the A6.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/saucony-womens-type-a-shoes-aw16/

That is from 2016 so I guess they've dropped the number off the end.

Thanks for that. If so, it definitely feels like a step backwards and looks like I will be rounding up every available online pair of A 6s and stockpiling cos these, while 'ok...' are not a patch on the A6s.....

Next step is confirmation from Saucony, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Yeah, there was definitely (definitely, I think :) ) a men's A but the origin of the women's equivalent version is slightly more obscure. Perhaps there wasn't a women's launch at the time of the men's?

Thanks for that. If so, it definitely feels like a step backwards and looks like I will be rounding up every available online pair of A 6s and stockpiling cos these, while 'ok...' are not a patch on the A6s.....

It's on the Saucony website only one review, not complimentary.
    More reviews on the men's (mixed).

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

I'm a slightly heavier distance runner so am very much into my cushioned neutral trainer. I was wearing Nike Vomeros for years. I had about 6 different editions of them and always found them excellent. I got the Vomero 10 in Feb this year and they were crap. The material felt cheap and flimsy. As I stepped up the distance for dcm this year I started getting extensor tendinitis in my foot. After a bit online research it was clear that I wasn't the only one. Apparently they had stripped all the padding from the tongue of the shoe.
    I tried the Brooks Glycerin 13 as a replacement but found they rubbed a bit on the outside of the forefoot.
    I then got the Saucony Guide 9 and find them the ds b. Did 18 miles first time out with 0 problems. No hot spots. No chaffing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

There's a been a quiet revolution in our club among the 40-50 yo runners. I'd say the majority wear Saucony now, whereas when I joined 8-9 years ago most would have worn Asics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Picked up a pair of Sketchers Go Run 4 in TkMax for 45 quid a few weeks back. Never bought sketchers before. I was immediately drawn to how light they feel. So I've put about 200k in them, and overall pretty happy. My runs tend to mix road and then trails and climbs. Once the ground is dry these shoes have performed great. The sole is not minimalist so it gives protection on rocky terrain. One gripe and that is they collect gravel in between the ridges of the soles like no other shoe I've had. So normally when I get off the trail I have to clear them out. Otherwise it's another great bargain from TKMax.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

I'm just getting into running and I'm giving the barefoot route a try. I'm wearing these from Vivobarefoot. I have a lot of their casual shoes and I really like them.

stealth_orange_grey_01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

boydkev wrote: »
    Decided to treat myself to another pair of asics DS Trainer 21's as i really cant fault them except for a issue with the edge of the tongue rolling up if i dont take care when putting them on. Also my current pair have nearly 500 miles on them and are getting holes at the back.
    Nice New colours
    Asics-Gel-DS-Trainer-21-Shoes-AW16-Racing-Running-Shoes-Black-Safety-Yellow-AW16-T624N-9007.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

I also went with a pair of New Balance Vazee Prism as my alternative shoe, Still have to try these out but have heard good things about them.
    mprsmbb_nb_14_i?$dw_temp_default_gallery$

How did you get on with the Vazee Prism?
    I wear DS Trainer too but am looking for something similar (lightweight, mild suppport, 8-10mm drop) but with a bit more room in the toe box.
    If any knows anything that ticks these boxes please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Adidas Adistar Boost
    B26736.jpg

I'm in love...bought these on the off chance after reading great reviews on them & they are as comfortable & light on the feet as others have said. I came from brooks adrenaline to these, I'm only sorry I haven't had them long enough to do some long runs in, they are that comfortable I'm really tempted to do DCM in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

ive been wearing adidas boost for a couple of years now , Excellent shoe

jonnner wrote: »
    How did you get on with the Vazee Prism?
    I wear DS Trainer too but am looking for something similar (lightweight, mild suppport, 8-10mm drop) but with a bit more room in the toe box.
    If any knows anything that ticks these boxes please let me know
    I like the Vazee Prism, They have a different feel to the DS Trainers due to foam instead of gel ,They are a tiny bit heavier, Toe box is similar to the DS and they have a slightly lower toe to Heel so i found they are very smooth when running more mid foot or at a faster pace. Overall i would recommend them, I mainly use them for my alternative/rotation shoe with the DS Trainers. Also the sole is not as hard so i find them quieter to run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

boydkev wrote: »
    I like the Vazee Prism, They have a different feel to the DS Trainers due to foam instead of gel ,They are a tiny bit heavier, Toe box is similar to the DS and they have a slightly lower toe to Heel so i found they are very smooth when running more mid foot or at a faster pace. Overall i would recommend them, I mainly use them for my alternative/rotation shoe with the DS Trainers. Also the sole is not as hard so i find them quieter to run in.

Thanks for that. I think I'll pick up a pair.
    Did you find the sizing the same as DS Trainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

Wheelworx in Lucan have some A6 on clearance for €45. Tried on a pair myself but found the toe box a bit tight and they didn't have the size up. Pity as im looking for a runner for 10k/5k racing.

jonnner wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I think I'll pick up a pair.
    Did you find the sizing the same as DS Trainer?

I wear size 8 (42.5) in the Asics DS Trainer and a 8.5(42.5) in the New Balance.
    So the European sizing is the same but the UK sizing is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any Kinavara heads on here?

My 5's had to be retired and having trouble finding 6's. I'm reading the 7's are a bit different so looking for something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

RasTa wrote: »
    Any Kinavara heads on here?

My 5's had to be retired and having trouble finding 6's. I'm reading the 7's are a bit different so looking for something similar?
    I like them!

I usually pick up 2 pairs on Sportshoes (or wherever they are cheapest) whenever i see them on a sale or with a good email coupon etc.

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/sau2695/saucony-kinvara-6-running-shoes/

Not sure if you're size is left though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My size was left, nice one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Picked up a pair of Adidas Glide 8 from Sweatshop. They seem to size a bit smaller than Saucony. On Adidas it seems 9.5 translates to a 10 US or 44 Eur where on most shoes a UK 9.5 would be 10.5 US or 44.5.

End result is they are a little more snug than I would like but apart from that they seem good.

http://www.sweatshop.com/adidas-supernova-glide-8-running-shoes-mens-210263?colcode=21026350

Also picked up a pair of Saucony Kilkenny XC spikes. Just cos of the name really!

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/sau2942/saucony-kilkenny-xc-cross-country-running-spikes-~-aw16/

Came with a free running top which seems way to warm to ever wear running in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DC.

Wore a pair Hoka Clifton 2's for DCM training & race & they were faultless.

Picked up a pair of Hoka Tracers for some speed work/shorter runs & they're great. Very similar to NB Fresh Foam Zante's.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

401200.jpgCurrent one Puma Ignite Dual

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Double post

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I've wore Hoka clifton 1, 2 and 3 in the last few years. Ran Dcm in the 2 this year because I only had the clifton 3 a couple of weeks. I can't fault Hoka. I was thinking of buying the clayton for next year and I was looking at them at the expo, they are incredibly light with plenty of cushioning. But I was just wondering has anybody bought a pair. I'm hearing online there may be some issues with them rubbing and causing blisters on the longer runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Where can you buy Hoka in Dublin ?
    I know run logic in town sell them but anywhere else ?

I used to buy them in Athlone but the shop had since closed. I've also bought online. The clifton 3 I bought in tri and run in Mullingar they are becoming hoka stockists which is great for me as I'm from the midlands

Where can you buy Hoka in Dublin ?
    I know run logic in town sell them but anywhere else ?
    Run hub in ash town

fennor72 wrote: »
    I used to buy them in Athlone but the shop had since closed. I've also bought online. The clifton 3 I bought in tri and run in Mullingar they are becoming hoka stockists which is great for me as I'm from the midlands
    Have you always ran in Hokas', if not what did you run in before them? thanks

• Advertisement

I've ran in Hokas about 3 years now. I also rotate them with saucony triumph iso which also has a good bit of cushioning and are very comfortable on long runs

Advertisement