Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Another Puma post!

I bought 3 pairs of the 300v4 for £58 on amazon. A seriously good, durable, lightweight runner. Puma are very underestimated, while being considerably cheaper than the competition. Well worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Another Puma post!

I bought 3 pairs of the 300v4 for £58 on amazon. A seriously good, durable, lightweight runner. Puma are very underestimated, while being considerably cheaper than the competition. Well worth a punt.

I got a pair of the blue and green ones (one blue, one green) and someone actually asked was I gay ��.

Great prices at the moment for great runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Another Puma post!

I've been rotating 5-6 pairs of Faas 400s that I got over 2 years ago for about €30 a pair (discontinued line). The first few pairs of these are not starting to show signs of being finished so I am gonna have to soon buy a few new pair. I wonder are the 450s a good replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

menoscemo wrote: »
    I've been rotating 5-6 pairs of Faas 400s that I got over 2 years ago for about €30 a pair (discontinued line). The first few pairs of these are not starting to show signs of being finished so I am gonna have to soon buy a few new pair. I wonder are the 450s a good replacement?

Start Fitness have the 400's (Bolt model) back in stock, 25% off this weekend with PUMA25

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Start Fitness have the 400's (Bolt model) back in stock, 25% off this weekend with PUMA25

Cheers BB, great spot. Thats my 4th and 5th pair of green Faas 400s on their way. I need to find a method of distinguishing them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Jotunheim

I need to find a method of distinguishing them :pac:

with some tasteful and discreet labelling perhaps? http://www.todayfm.com/content/000/images/000071/73319_54_news_hub_66897_588x448.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Cheers BB, great spot. Thats my 4th and 5th pair of green Faas 400s on their way. I need to find a method of distinguishing them :pac:

Is the sizing true on them, I'm a 9.5 in 200's but a 10 in 300's

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Is the sizing true on them, I'm a 9.5 in 200's but a 10 in 300's

I'd wear 8.5 in Nikes and Saucony but I wear 8's in the Faas 400s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Does anyone have an opinion on the difference between the Faas 300 V3 & V4?

I'm not sure if I can remember why but I think I preferred the V2 to the V3, although the V3 were ok once I'd broken them.

Still looking for the "one" tbh...I've never successfully replaced the Green Silence.

Started running almost exclusively on grass after the GS was discontinued and really enjoyed running in more minimal shoes (Inov-8F-lite 195? and NB minimus trail), but haven't been as mad about any of the road shoes I've bought since the GS.

Sacksian wrote: »
    Does anyone have an opinion on the difference between the Faas 300 V3 & V4?

I'm not sure if I can remember why but I think I preferred the V2 to the V3, although the V3 were ok once I'd broken them.

I barely noticed any difference between the v3 vs. v4. The v4 is equally as comfortable. I did also like the 350s, if looking for a small bit more support. I hated the 600, just too heavy. The 500 is also a crackin' run-of-the-mill runner. The type of shoe you'd do easy/recovery runs in. The last forever too.

The Asics Hyperspeed might be my favourite runner ever though. Very light, durable and comfortable. Unfortunately they go for 60-80 euro. I can get 3 pairs of Puma for that....well very nearly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Thanks for that.

I did love the Asics Piranha SP 3 & 4 - definitely the best 5k shoe I've ever had, so the Asics Hyperspeed might be an opportunity to check out something else by Asics for my "road" shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Some decent prices to be had on Amazon today as they have a promo code "BIGTHANKS" which gives £10 off any purchase over £50. Just picked up a new pair of Hitogami 2 AW15 - works out at £47.60 (approx €68) delivered after the promo code is applied. Loads of deals still to be had on the Puma Faas range also. The promo code is only valid for today.

donnacha wrote: »
    Some decent prices to be had on Amazon today as they have a promo code "BIGTHANKS" which gives £10 off any purchase over £50. Just picked up a new pair of Hitogami 2 AW15 - works out at £47.60 (approx €68) delivered after the promo code is applied. Loads of deals still to be had on the Puma Faas range also. The promo code is only valid for today.

Ah, God. Where's my debit card?

Thanks!

With amazon, always go for the sterling price vs. the euro price, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

donnacha wrote: »
    Fair play, just picked up a pair of New Balance Zante for €80 with free delivery to Parcel Motel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Ah, God. Where's my debit card?

Thanks!

With amazon, always go for the sterling price vs. the euro price, right?

I always go with Sterling price and let my credit card do the exchange. As the promo is for Amazon as the seller you should be able to avail of free super saver delivery to Ireland (needs to be selected at checkout as a paid quicker delivery option will default in).

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Any ideas on what to replace saucony hattoris with? I can't see any flats on the market bar vibrams?

I got a rake of Hattoris for half price 3 years ago but they are out of production and out of stock, and the ones I have are banjaxed??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

Any ideas on what to replace saucony hattoris with? I can't see any flats on the market bar vibrams?

I got a rake of Hattoris for half price 3 years ago but they are out of production and out of stock, and the ones I have are banjaxed??

The saucony endorphin racer maybe? It probably wont last you very long though. The viratta is another zero drop Saucony shoe but it's quite cushioned as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Size? I know a lad who might have a few pairs lurking in a shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

AKW wrote: »
    Size? I know a lad who might have a few pairs lurking in a shed.

Eur 44.5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Just picked up the Hoka One One Clifton 2 (now that's a mouthful) from AKW.
    It's a big change from my minimal Inov-8's so hopefully it works out.

Will have to get out and do a few miles to test them, but unless I can get a lunchtime run in tomorrow or Friday, it's looking like Saturday before they'll see any road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Those things are bizarre-looking. they remind me of those MBT things you see people wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Sandwell

My brand shiny new pair of Adidas Adios Boost 2 arrived just now from Wiggle. Time for a lunchtime run to try them out.

I've been rotating Skechers Go Run Ride, New Balance 890s and Puma Faas 300s, all of which I like, but I couldn't resist trying out the Adios Boosts when I saw them on sale. I really need to stop buying running shoes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I'm in the process of ordering 2 pairs of Kinvara 5s from Keller sports in the UK. £58 a pair, seems good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

Looking to get new runners for marathon training as mileage will be stepping up over next few weeks. Have been training in skechers go run 4 for last few months. Finding them great but worried that they may not stand up to marathon pounding. Was looking at saucony triumph as possibility. Any recommendations?? Might be safer sticking with what I have at this stage?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Does anyone know anything about Puma Faas 350? Picked up a pair in TK Maxx but not sure if they are supposed to be a stability shoe or what?

Also was looking for something with a larger drop and these seem to be 4 mm so may be returning them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

For info they also had some Saloman city trail shoes, and a pair of Asics Gel usagi, but not much too much stock of any of these. Some New Balances as well but I don't know what model.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Anybody in Dublin sell the new balance fresh foam Zante for men ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭crisco10

Slightly OT; but does anybody have a link to that website that let you compare the different fits and sizes across the different shoes brands?

Want to order Adidas Kanadia's online but have only got Brooks and Nike in the cupboard at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

First impressions of the Hoka Clifton 2s.

Had heard they were a bit tight, and as I'm used to Inov-8, I went up half a size from 8 to 8.5. Trying them on in AKW, there was a notable comfort improvement with the extra half size.

First run:- 3 miles, but about 1.5 miles in I could feel the beginnings of a blister at the front of my right arch. After finishing, I checked out the insole, and there's a hard compacted piece of the insole right at the point where the blister was starting to form.

Second run:- Another quick 3 miles and I switched out the insoles for a pair of retired inov-8s. This was better, didn't start to feel anything until near the end of the run, when again the beginnings of a blister was felt. On closer inspection, the edge of the old insoles had a small toothed edge kind like this: /\/\/\/\ at the exact same point in the same shoe.
    Funnily enough, on the other insole, this edging was in a different location so didn't cause a problem. I think this is down to a combination of the shoe shape and two insoles with issues in exactly the wrong place.

Conclusion: I like the feel of the shoes, so once I fix the insole issue, I expect to give them a more comprehensive test. Thinking I'll get a flatter insole as I'm used to that in the inov-8s, and I'm not too keen on the raised arch of the ones that come with the shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Very happy with the Kayano 21s for anyone on the fence. I used to use GTs but won't be using them again. Kayano feels lighter and more secure.

But now I'm wondering could I even get an even lighter shoe that does the same as the Kayano? (I need good stability).

Can anyone give a few suggestions? Finding it hard to find alternatives online. Was thinking Nike's lunarglide?

Advertisement