Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

glasso wrote: »
    Cryptic post there. So what Adidas model are they and what's the best pair purchased?

These - Adizero Takumi Sen 3

Best - Saucony Endorphin Racer

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

nice looking shoe the adidas!

I have these Adizero primeknit - normal adizero adios (non-boost) under the flash looks - good running shoes actually.

afew-store-sneaker-adidas-adizero-primeknit-2-0-grey-white-32.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Itziger wrote: »
    Got my first ever pair of Nike yesterday, the Pegasus 32. Just really liked the feel of them, hope they're as good on the road. Any thoughts? Up to marathon distance?

Yes they are definitely a marathon shoe and a great one at that. I use them myself and wouldn't go past them for any long runs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Where d'ya ge the Takumi Sen? They're hard enough to pin down. What's your marathon target, if you don't mind me asking? I enquired about the Takumi once in a shop in Barcelona and the guy thought a 3hr (+/-) marathoner like myself wouldn't be suited to them. They were lighter than I had expected alright and I would see them more as a Half shoe for someone like me.

Where d'ya ge the Takumi Sen? They're hard enough to pin down. What's your marathon target, if you don't mind me asking? I enquired about the Takumi once in a shop in Barcelona and the guy thought a 3hr (+/-) marathoner like myself wouldn't be suited to them. They were lighter than I had expected alright and I would see them more as a Half shoe for someone like me.

Start or Adidas during the Black Friday sales, short production runs, so sizing is scarce: http://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2906636

Marathon target TBD, but I'm reasonably efficient and run quite a lot of miles in low profile, light shoes

• Advertisement

how many miles do you think you'll get out of the endorphin racer? only for 5k/10k?

glasso wrote: »
    how many miles do you think you'll get out of the endorphin racer? only for 5k/10k?

Will keep them for flat 5ks and the track as they're lighter than my spikes.

Cona wrote: »
    Yes they are definitely a marathon shoe and a great one at that. I use them myself and wouldn't go past them for any long runs

Felt good this morning on their first outing, an 18k jaunt. Looking forward to them for longer races as the year goes on.

Will keep them for flat 5ks and the track as they're lighter than my spikes.

Lighter than spikes!!! Wow.

Lighter than spikes!!! Wow.

By 1/3rd nearly

23520586523_1deb0c12ac_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

New Saucony Guide 9 with the Everun foam.

Fell much better and livelier than the Guide 7's I had last time. Love the colour too :D

TU3Aox3gc5VuydCZlVCBCdXqK0yztXIYJ93tUWge40ld7lUJGZ1J3RKZrjvJEVsRNaBcH83Kd9NbvT9ob9RkiUsSGIz5p0Rj8l8Pb9jfXJUeO2ITaKA5_BMBVD3DCXl1sqLygAK4ug9TUaRIyC27E0jTXU4qYpQBBK0bT6l50KP-GpsKOhavceqdErZsKm1YzqrsmycNq5pQt1wA-DiZi57dYtm7JJW_0vNAh1ooOBo8hWRRAYsON-jz7ELnEQuW0nMbaV3eg3ou9RzeCMJvtq9Qv5yikbMBAImzZNMahB-bRiB0ovZ6XGlkAWTlMqANf3llEPXc_KXWCkWhSgDhhKR2jaZgLKSoOJUDbiNHjiSwQN2mpbjZXbywjAyaNi99gOPPa-b4a_Zi3YFbpWQe8mOwMwbt34UnSwiH7l_QRP2MN78Zige1STFVhKny23iblwPBJknRi-eikbelEsG4uKmmieai1Bqm2FuHc_MMd-mbWDfVgCQ0Fc54syTYC-PG2zeJr0sQibhxGhBg_tUwKWH2SB7bfzRTxPZBE-KETxcBtxXeX1Yv9bDQOZ6mGuZfWbO3sg=w660-h370-no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Just ordered 2 pairs of Kinvara 5s and a pair of A6s from shoesdirect.com. €75 each more or less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

IF you copy and paste that web address, don't miss out the first letter.

adrian522 wrote: »
    IF you copy and paste that web address, don't miss out the first letter.

Reminded me of a pic I took in waterford before

282924_3802434793724_1819508302_n.jpg?oh=8606e60990b599227381bd3b42f3be9d&oe=5710F07F

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Base2Race have a selection of Puma Faas and Faas S for €50. Limited sizes but for men they had 7, 7.5 and 10, not sure of lady sizes. when I saw them the weekend.

My shoes arrived today!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Luighne

I wonder could anyone recommend a shoe for a over pronation with high arch supports, for big millage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Luighne wrote: »
    I wonder could anyone recommend a shoe for a over pronation with high arch supports, for big millage?

Adidas supernova sequence are a great shoe. Good support and cushioning. I'm just at the end of my present pair after over 1200 miles! I like them so much, I have an identical pair ready to go...once the weather picks up a bit. The ones I have are model no. 7. There's an 8 out now that doesn't seem to be getting as good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

What would be roughly equivalent to the adidas Bostons in other brands? Would the Saucony Kinvara be similar? Liked previous Bostons but not sure about the most recent and want to start researching...

JohnDozer wrote: »
    What would be roughly equivalent to the adidas Bostons in other brands? Would the Saucony Kinvara be similar? Liked previous Bostons but not sure about the most recent and want to start researching...

Never tried Adidas running shoes, but the Kinvara is a really good all-purpose workhorse. 4mm drop, decent cushioning, but fine for quick stuff as well as long runs. A real all-rounder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

davedanon wrote: »
    Never tried Adidas running shoes, but the Kinvara is a really good all-purpose workhorse. 4mm drop, decent cushioning, but fine for quick stuff as well as long runs. A real all-rounder.

Sounds like what I'm after alright. Do they wear quickly or about average? I'm a bit hardwearing on shoes by any standard I reckon...

JohnDozer wrote: »
    Sounds like what I'm after alright. Do they wear quickly or about average? I'm a bit hardwearing on shoes by any standard I reckon...

Probably quite good on that score, although I'm hard on shoes myself, particularly in one specific spot. The only shoes I can directly compare them to are Mizuno Hitogamis. I alternated between them and a pair of Kinvara 4s one time. The Kinvaras were much harder-wearing.

I have a peculiar gait, and 'knobbly' feet. After 500 miles, I am left with a relatively unscathed right shoe, and a left that's worn right through into the sponge on the outside heel, has a hole worn through the inner heel lining on the left side, and usually a busted-through exterior on the left instep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭overpronator

Anyone tried the new wave inspires, seem to be heavier and bulkier at first glance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

+1 on these. Used them mainly for 10k track races last year and saved the calves (ran the previous year in spikes and could barely walk for a week)

They do wear quite quickly though (the grip on upperfoot anyway)

Not deviating from my current shoes just replacing the shoe closet as most of my shoes are coming to the end of there life at the moment.

Easy Runs - Saucony Kinvara
    Long Tempo's etc - Saucony A6
    Road Races - Brooks T7s (indestructable and still going strong so will keep them till the T8 becomes available this year)
    Non Spike track work - Saucony Endorphins

+1 on these. Used them mainly for 10k track races last year and saved the calves (ran the previous year in spikes and could barely walk for a week)

They do wear quite quickly though (the grip on upperfoot anyway)

Not deviating from my current shoes just replacing the shoe closet as most of my shoes are coming to the end of there life at the moment.

Easy Runs - Saucony Kinvara
    Long Tempo's etc - Saucony A6
    Road Races - Brooks T7s (indestructable and still going strong so will keep them till the T8 becomes available this year)
    Non Spike track work - Saucony Endorphins

You don't see the A6s as a racing shoe, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

You don't see the A6s as a racing shoe, then?

For the Marathon I think they would be ideal. Personally I prefer a lighter shoe across the board though (as seen with weight of Endorphin's as well as the Kinvara being the heaviest shoe I run in, predominantly my easy/long runs (bought the Brooks Ghost and just couldn't run in them so use them for Treatments and about the house)

For the Marathon I think they would be ideal. Personally I prefer a lighter shoe across the board though (as seen with weight of Endorphin's as well as the Kinvara being the heaviest shoe I run in, predominantly my easy/long runs (bought the Brooks Ghost and just couldn't run in them so use them for Treatments and about the house)

Yeah, funny, when I got my first pair of A6s off Gary Crossan in AK Ballymount, he was advising they were fine up to half-marathon, but no more, yet I ended up wearing them in Derry that year (for the marathon). They were brilliant, I have to say.

What am I mainly rotating at the moment:

Training:
    Easy / recovery runs: Puma Faas 300S, 4mm but with a forgiving mid-sole, these are mid-weight, very durable, comfortable and when you want to get out for a nice cushioned trot they work a treat - and < €40 a pair
    Treadmill recovery: Brooks Puredrift, 0mm, very flexible and wide at the forefront
    Easy / Steady runs: Puma Faas V3/4, 8mm, love this shoe, could wear it all day, used for pacing the marathon, only downside traction is poor on greasy surfaces at faster paces.
    Tempo runs: actually rotating some lightweights that are just about gone beyond being race fit; Faas 200R, A5/6
    Long runs: rotating Adios Boost 1.0/2.0 if it's easy and Takumi Sen 3 if there is a quality block built in
    Races: 10k and down Saucony Endorphin (nuff said), HM and Marathon Adizero Takumi Sen 3 / Ren 2 Boost, both of these are nice and stiff, a little narrow (I'm up half a size in both), and the sliver of boost under the forefoot comes into play when you crank it up.

What am I mainly rotating at the moment:

Training:
    Easy / recovery runs: Puma Faas 300S, 4mm but with a forgiving mid-sole, these are mid-weight, very durable, comfortable and when you want to get out for a nice cushioned trot they work a treat - and < €40 a pair
    Treadmill recovery: Brooks Puredrift, 0mm, very flexible and wide at the forefront
    Easy / Steady runs: Puma Faas V3/4, 8mm, love this shoe, could wear it all day, used for pacing the marathon, only downside traction is poor on greasy surfaces at faster paces.
    Tempo runs: actually rotating some lightweights that are just about gone beyond being race fit; Faas 200R, A5/6
    Long runs: rotating Adios Boost 1.0/2.0 if it's easy and Takumi Sen 3 if there is a quality block built in
    Races: 10k and down Saucony Endorphin (nuff said), HM and Marathon Adizero Takumi Sen 3 / Ren 2 Boost, both of these are nice and stiff, a little narrow (I'm up half a size in both), and the sliver of boost under the forefoot comes into play when you crank it up.

Just how many pairs of shoes is that, exactly?

• Advertisement

Just how many pairs of shoes is that, exactly?

Never enough, these mysteriously appeared in my local parcel motel last night ;)

ad11674_1_cloudzoom.jpg

Advertisement