Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

I bought a pair of the ultra-boost. I have had a few pairs of the energy boost, boston boost and adios boost.

The ultra are extremely comfortable. Could be a great shoe but the sole is disappointing. Its a web of little rubber nubs. The wear rate seems very high on them, so I don't see the shoe lasting too long unfortunately. Otherwise, the fit is good. Its feels slightly heavier than the energy boost.

I won't be buying another pair unless they change the sole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Itziger wrote: »
    How do you find the Sen shoe? Do they feel speedy or do you think they're up to a marathon? I'm 67kg and relatively neutral stride I think. Are they kinda narrow? Thanks in advance.

You should have no problem running a marathon in them.Not as narrow as the adios I find and better feel for the road than some of the other boost shoes.Great traction on the sole for track work outs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

boydkev wrote: »
    I currently run in Adidas Adios 2's and Adidas Boston Boost 5's both of which i really like, Comfortable, light and good fit.
    But i am considering trying the Asics DS Trainer 20's, Does anybody have experience with these?

new Ds Trainer gone down very well,not worn them but feedback been great even if the bright orange was a little crazy in colour.
    Duo outsole a nice touch going back to earlier models.
    Fit seems to come up a little short so probably go up a half size.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Running in the Kayano 21 at the moment - thinking about getting a lighter shoe for 5k/10k races and sprint and olympic distance tris, last year's DS Trainer is on Start Fitness in a colour that matches my tri suit for £55, should I pull the trigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Running in the Kayano 21 at the moment - thinking about getting a lighter shoe for 5k/10k races and sprint and olympic distance tris, last year's DS Trainer is on Start Fitness in a colour that matches my tri suit for £55, should I pull the trigger?

This is a rhetorical question, right?! They match? They won't break the bank? ..... Do it! :cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Just breaking in a pair of Saucony Kinvara 6 shoes, that I picked up in the US. They seem to be continuing the trend of the 5. They're light, forgiving on the road and I'll be lucky to see 100 miles on the clock before my big toe pops out. Worth mentioning that they're also a tighter fit than the 5, so probably could have gone a half size bigger, but they're gradually loosening out (60 miles in). Also picked up some Saucony type A6. Only three miles done so will reserve judgement, but also a tighter fit than I'm used to (or my feet have grown in the last week!).

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

I'll be lucky to see 100 miles on the clock before my big toe pops out.

Ive had that problem with every pair of Asics I've ever owned, to the extent that I've been migrating to Saucony. I put 1000 miles on my last pair of Saucony Guide before I saw any wear and tear.

I also got a pair of A6's about a month ago. I love them. I've only used them for racing, from 1 mile to 10k. They are the type of shoes that you just totally forget about as soon as you put them on, if that makes sense. I even chose them over my spikes in the F4L mile race last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

wrstan wrote: »
    Ive had that problem with every pair of Asics I've ever owned, to the extent that I've been migrating to Saucony. I put 1000 miles on my last pair of Saucony Guide before I saw any wear and tear.

I also got a pair of A6's about a month ago. I love them. I've only used them for racing, from 1 mile to 10k. They are the type of shoes that you just totally forget about as soon as you put them on, if that makes sense. I even chose them over my spikes in the F4L mile race last week.

Yeah, great shoes, the A6s. I've run a marathon in mine, as it happens. I also picked up a pair of Kinvara 6s in London last week at the Expo. Looking forward to running in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Picked up inov8 Roclite 280s today.

Looking for a bit more stability on those downhills. We shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭slogging...it

Running in addizero boston5 first expensive running shoe I.got.the jury's still.out they are very light tho maybe a small bit tight!

• Advertisement

Running in addizero boston5 first expensive running shoe I.got.the jury's still.out they are very light tho maybe a small bit tight!

many people have to go 1/2 size up over their normal size with Adidas, as they tend to be pretty narrow.

Picked up inov8 Roclite 280s today.

Looking for a bit more stability on those downhills. We shall see!

Wore these to imra race yesterday. Stuck like glue to everything. Delighted with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

glasso wrote: »
    many people have to go 1/2 size up over their normal size with Adidas, as they tend to be pretty narrow.

I had to go up 1/2 size when i got my Boston 5's and also for the Adios 2's, I also found the Toebox alot narrower in the Boston 5's compared to the adios.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

boydkev wrote:
    I had to go up 1/2 size when i got my Boston 5's and also for the Adios 2's, I also found the Toebox alot narrower in the Boston 5's compared to the adios.
    Just wondering if you had any Bostons previous to the 5's. I have the 4's but I'm slow about ordering the 5's online as I haven't found them anywhere local to try them on. Any major size differences from previous versions to these?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Streak101

I've a pair of Crivit runners, think they were Aldi or Lidl for the last 2 years E19.99 if I remember, don't run much but probs about 1k miles on them, look like they'll last another 2 years, bit heavy tho, but got a sub 20 5k in them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I bought a pair of lidloraldi runners a couple of years ago as an experiment. 20 Euro, they were ok, but they wore out very quickly. I'd hate to have seen the state of them after 1,000 miles. You must be extremely light on your feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Hi folks

I'm looking for a bit of guidance. The last of my pair of green silence are only fit for gardening. While they were in the death throes I got a pair of kinvara 4s which are probably half size too big but I could never warm to them.

I'm looking for something new and am looking for suggestions. Mizuno?

davedanon wrote: »
    I bought a pair of lidloraldi runners a couple of years ago as an experiment. 20 Euro, they were ok, but they wore out very quickly. I'd hate to have seen the state of them after 1,000 miles. You must be extremely light on your feet.

Let's say they get a lot of recovery in between runs :D

Thinking I might buy something lighter, anyone use these, 75% off: http://ie.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-d30-elite-mens-running-shoes-211171?colcode=21117113

Streak101 wrote: »
    Thinking I might buy something lighter, anyone use these, 75% off: http://ie.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-d30-elite-mens-running-shoes-211171?colcode=21117113

Karrimor Is sportsdirects own brand of gear so when they say 75% off I'd take it with a large pinch of salt.

• Advertisement

Karrimor Is sportsdirects own brand of gear so when they say 75% off I'd take it with a large pinch of salt.

Anything out there worth buying 8.5, but less than 50 notes?

Adidas patriot are available in your size at 58 euro http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/asics-patriot-7-mens-trainers/1458077101.prd, but you can use code
    69UAH to get 20% off. Code 67EUP also is 20% off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Grueller

Asics gel cumulus 15
    I do about 40-50 miles per week. I find these slightly clunky but comfy. What else should I be looking at. Amphibian king did my gait analysis and fitted me to these. I seemingly have a very asics shaped foot.

8 in these will fit you as they're a little big for size.

Great light but cushioned runners. you won't be disappointed.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skechers-Ride-Multisport-Outdoor-Shoes/dp/B00E4CNOM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431342806&sr=8-2&keywords=go+run+ride+3

free delivery. just over €50 with the current terrible exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭slogging...it

glasso wrote: »
    i got a full size bigger and had to relace them as they were laced pretty tight, but since then ive them very light and quite bouncy too so i'd deff recomend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Anyone have experience of going from Mizuno Wave inspire to Saucony? I love my Mizunos I must be on my 10th pair, but they really are loosing their bounce very quickly, I'd say I have less than 250 miles on these at the moment, and they already feel very flat.

I've tried Brooks and din't like them. Nike Zoom Structure I liked, but then I started to get blister problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Arrived on Monday for 29 sterlings from sportspursuit

$_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

RubyK wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of going from Mizuno Wave inspire to Saucony? I love my Mizunos I must be on my 10th pair, but they really are loosing their bounce very quickly, I'd say I have less than 250 miles on these at the moment, and they already feel very flat.

I've tried Brooks and din't like them. Nike Zoom Structure I liked, but then I started to get blister problems.

Have had the very same experience with the inspires. I'm a forefoot striker and found that the protection from the road went very quickly. I recently got a pair of adidas sequence boost. So far I'm very happy with them. The cushioning is great for piling on the mileage and there is a definite bounce feeling from the boost foam. They do feel heavier than the wave inspires but the protection and comfort is great. I still use the inspires a bit when I'm running on a good surface but the heavy mileage is all done in the adidas. The adidas also seems to be a lot more durable than the mizuno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Have had the very same experience with the inspires. I'm a forefoot striker and found that the protection from the road went very quickly. I recently got a pair of adidas sequence boost. So far I'm very happy with them. The cushioning is great for piling on the mileage and there is a definite bounce feeling from the boost foam. They do feel heavier than the wave inspires but the protection and comfort is great. I still use the inspires a bit when I'm running on a good surface but the heavy mileage is all done in the adidas. The adidas also seems to be a lot more durable than the mizuno.

Thanks Bananaman, very interesting! I'll have to consider adidas too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

No prob Ruby! I realised after posting that I didn't really answer your question about saucony at all. I remember trying on the Guide 7 at the same time as the wave inspires. They seemed very nice. Light and with good cushioning. I went for the mizunos because of their lightness. Like I said above I enjoyed them but they haven't lasted well. There's the thin sole and also holes appeared in the uppers at the side where the front seam rubs against the fabric mesh. Again these holes came early in the life of the shoe. I'm around the 13 stone mark and am hard enough on shoes so for me durability is an issue. From memory the guide had a good covering of rubber on the outsole. It's a pity you didn't like the Brooks. I had a pair of Ravenna 4s which were the best shoe I ever had. I reckon I put nearly 1000 miles on them. I would've got gotten a pair of the 5s of 6s but the mizuno and the adidas were recommended to me by friends and I'm a sucker for trying out new brands! (Also I got good deals for them online!) The adidas.ie website has some good bargains. Just type "outlet" into the search section. The sequence boost is only €87 at the moment. It also has free delivery and returns so you can order a few different sizes to get the best fit and send back the unsuitable ones at no extra cost!

Advertisement