Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Budget; After Hours style

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Rip up all current public sector upper management and politicians contracts, and re start them at new more realistic rates.

Give an amnesty for all people who have been falsely claiming, they come clean, no problem, it's forgotten about. But from 1st Jan, offer a reward for shopping fraudsters, a nice fat 250 quid per person proven to be defrauding the state, 500 reward if you can provide concrete evidence.
    Anyone caught falsely claiming, simple, they get nothing, and nothing means nothing, they get one chance to come clean.

90% of fraudsters caught by march I would say.

reduce the dole by a bit.

Means test child benefit, any household earning over 60k does not get it as normal, but insteaf any household earning between 60 - 100k gets 50 % into an education fund for the child, earn over 100 k, you get nothing. under 60k you get it as normal.

Decrease the dole every year, after 5 years you get nothing, unless you are disabled in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What about people that don't own a car, or those that don't have a credit card? Should those who managed avoid paying through the nose for stuff in the past really be punished for it now?

I once gambled and lost €1000 over the course of a few hours in the bookies one day.. I demand that those who won money on that same day pay more tax than me in order to cover my losses!

Sorry, but there is no logical reason whatsoever that those living at home while working should have to pay any new fangled tax.

thats what anyone on the dole / having mortgage difficulties saying 'tax the rich' is basically saying

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Rip up all current public sector upper management and politicians contracts, and re start them at new more realistic rates.

Give an amnesty for all people who have been falsely claiming, they come clean, no problem, it's forgotten about. But from 1st Jan, offer a reward for shopping fraudsters, a nice fat 250 quid per person proven to be defrauding the state, 500 reward if you can provide concrete evidence.

Means test child benefit, any household earning over 60k does not get it as normal, but insteaf any household earning between 60 - 100k gets 50 % into an education fund for the child, earn over 100 k, you get nothing. under 60k you get it as normal.

Decrease the dole every year, after 5 years you get nothing, unless you are disabled in some way.

Id easily make 50 grand a year driving round council estates in a car with an SLR camera under that , and id get to shop a bunch of people too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

What about people that don't own a car, (but have the use of Daddy's) or those that don't have a credit card (but have the use of Daddy's)? Should those who managed (to get Mum & Dad to buy everything but now have an income) avoid paying through the nose for stuff in the past really be punished for it now?.

Yep.
    I once gambled and lost €1000 over the course of a few hours in the bookies one day.. I demand that those who won money on that same day pay more tax than me in order to cover my losses!.

You're missing the point. We are all being taken up the ass now, it doesn't matter who is responsible. We need to meet our budgetary targets and people who have it handy at home are ripe for the picking.
    This thread is The Budget: After Hours Style...
    Sorry, but there is no logical reason whatsoever that those living at home while working should have to pay any new fangled tax.

It's OK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

I would introduce a masturbation tax

for each **** you give 50p to the goverment, this will help to generate incum and reduce cases of blindness as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that could be a sticky one

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

will the VAT go up straight away or january the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SmartHass

Does it really matter, whatever way we get shafted, we'll piss and moan on radio call-ins and Frontline etc but essentially we will bend over and take it.

Even if we were to take to the streets what are our demands exactly, 'dont take money off me, take it off him or her' the damage is done, we are fecked as far as I know and austerity and debt repayment is the only way out, Its now an issue for our elected representitives and there is NOTHING we can do.

If there is anything we can actually do then im happy to hear it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

c_man wrote: »
    All Irish speakers to pay an appropriately high rate of tax to fund duplicating documents, bilingual roadsigns, window grants etc.
    best suggestion so far. If they want Irish, they can pay for it.

You never see anyone paying money for an irish language magazine or book in a newsagent / bookshop. Yet the Irish bloody language costs the country over a billion a year between extra printing costs, translaters, road signs, ec language dup[lication costs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

philstar wrote: »

for each **** you give 50p to the goverment, this will help to generate incum and reduce cases of blindness as well

Maybe that's what they're on about when they tell us we all have to pull together to help the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

c_man wrote: »
    All Irish speakers to pay an appropriately high rate of tax to fund duplicating documents, bilingual roadsigns, window grants etc.
    Should be the reverse. I can hardly speak any Irish, but I would have made an effort if I knew I could talk to others frequently using it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

Anyone caught falsely claiming, simple, they get nothing, and nothing means nothing, they get one chance to come clean.

haha, I love the idea of making it financially incentivised to report frauding. Why would this NOT be implemented? People are asked to do it for free, yet it risks a ****storm on thier doorstep if they are ever found out, suspected, or socially frowned upon if admitted. Making it financially appealing, and i bet it would become the social norm quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wishmaster200

cartman for taoiseach **** you enda kenny you dirty sneaky c u n t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

philstar wrote: »

Whatever about the other taxes and price hikes, if a masturbation tax was introduced, that would get me out on the street, marching outside the dail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

38938922872648053378410.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Lower Corp Tax for any company employing more then 500 people
    Lower it even more on a sliding scale for every 100 after

Problem Merkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Well, any news?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Hopefully they put up the price of fags by 2 Eur.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

'A recent history, by Michael Noonan'.
    Cut to the chase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭Dartz

Miss Brian Cowan lads do ye:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Why does he keep saying 2-12 and 2-13 ? Are we teleporting back 1800 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Miss Brian Cowan lads do ye:D

um...

851ac22e_d61912a9_cant-tell-if-serious.jpeg

he sounds like a child "derl be no increase in the bayel of brikkits, de cooool"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I always thought Noonan sounded like Father Stack.

I want to hear him telling someone that he'll put their head through the wall.

No increase in booze, 25 c on fags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Anyone else here your man there "WOULD YE EVER STAY QUIET!?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭cosmicfart

10 cent for every trolling post made on AH which equates to about 75% of posts made on here

and do away with all politicians and employ an exact amount people as required to run the country, correctly and efficiently

• Advertisement

"would ye ever stay quiet for a minute"

It's like a bunch of kids all shouting at each other and noonan stoppign to throw a dig a someone with a little comment every so often.

Advertisement