Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Budget; After Hours style

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Stab Pat Kenny and nick his wallet

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

That report was commissioned by a tobacco producer. What line would you expect them to come out with?

Ok Do I have to break the articles down for you aswell

Please listen to the podcast before you come back again

NPR is not commisoned by a tobacco company, That report backfired in their face and was used by the opposition, and you will never see the tobacco companies report this fact again.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2010/07/16/128569258/the-friday-podcast-death-saves-you-money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

- Mandatory IQ tests for every citizen & a Stupid Tax to be enforced on the lowest performing 50%.

- A Scumbag Tax to be introduced via a 50% VAT increase on tracksuits, Honda Civics & peaky caps.

- A Joe Duffy Tax to be imposed on callers to the Joe Duffy Show, via a minimum €500 per minute phone rate tarriff.

- All RTE "comedy" shows to be broadcast on a new pay for view Saorview station: anybody who wants to watch pays €800 per year.

- A new Pedestrian Tax to be introduced to pay for the upkeep of footpaths.

- Speed limits on roads to be replaced with minimum speed limits. Speed cameras to impose fines on anyone travelling below the new limits.

- Social Welfare to be abolished & new arena to be built with the money. Previous recipients of welfare to be given the chance to fight for their dole, gladiator style, to the death, thus halving the SW bill & increasing revenue through ticket sales to the new arena.

Well, you did say "After Hours Style".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

A wanker tax on fat red-faced middle-aged arsholes in Mercs and BMWs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

lastlaugh wrote: »
    Living at home with your parents and are working?
    Automatic 60% tax on your take home pay, thanks very much.

"Oh, I'll just stop working then you Pr!ck"
    OK, zero entitlement for the dole, you spoilt little gimp.

Jesus what made you so bitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Stab Pat Kenny and nick his wallet

Yes! Kick Brendan O'Connor in the face and impose a gob****e tax on both him and Tubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Any D4 gobsh!te who order a "pint of Ken" when they mean "Heineken" gets charged 100 euros per pint of "Ken", 20 for the publican and 80 to the Government

I know a barman who used to work in Keiley's in Donnybrook who barred some fella for asking for a "pint of Probs", meaning Carlsberg, claiming that it "was pricks like him who are giving this place a bad name".

Hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭lastlaugh

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Jesus what made you so bitter?

My mortgage & bills...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Living at home with your parents and are working?
    Automatic 60% tax on your take home pay, thanks very much.

I really don't understand that? So someone working but living with parents should be taxed at 60%, what's that logic or reasoning of that? It's not their fault they can't afford to rent or buy / are saving for a mortgage / aren't aresed propping up the housing market's artificial prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well for a start I'd privatise everything but the most essential of front-line services.

• Advertisement

I really don't understand that? So someone working but living with parents should be taxed at 60%, what's that logic or reasoning of that? It's not their fault they can't afford to rent or buy / are saving for a mortgage / aren't aresed propping up the housing market's artificial prices.

If they don't have to pay a morgage they should sacrifice a large chunk of their take home pay for the good of us all. (and I'm secretly jealous)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

All Irish speakers to pay an appropriately high rate of tax to fund duplicating documents, bilingual roadsigns, window grants etc.

My mortgage & bills...

Well maybe you shouldn't have bought a house during the boom when you could buy two places for the same price in the capital of Germany which has been an economic powerhouse with a higher standard of living and an indigenous export economy for very in demand goods for the last 50 years? I wonder what happened to common sense in the boom years. Glad I wasn't stupid enough to buy, losers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

With the next 2 years of cutbacks and increases taxes I'm not going to have a pot to piss in by then. Looks like I'll be moving abroad. Thanks AH you incompetent arseholes.

Fixed that for you. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

c_man wrote: »
    All Irish speakers to pay an appropriately high rate of tax to fund duplicating documents, bilingual roadsigns, window grants etc.
    Everyone in Ireland should take an Irish exam every year ( and progress to a higher level every year) as it is our national language, all those who fail get fined. Where is your pride in our heritage?

Well maybe you shouldn't have bought a house during the boom when you could buy two places for the same price in the capital of Germany which has been an economic powerhouse with a higher standard of living and an indigenous export economy for very in demand goods for the last 50 years? I wonder what happened to common sense in the boom years. Glad I wasn't stupid enough to buy, losers!!!

How do you know I did?

Maybe you should move out of your parents house and start fending for yourself you spoilt brat!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Everyone in Ireland should take an Irish exam every year ( and progress to a higher level every year) as it is our national language, all those who fail get fined. Where is your pride in our heritage?

Wha if i iz an imigint?

How do you know I did?

Maybe you should move out of your parents house and start fending for yourself you spoilt brat!!!

either :D or :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Mandatory exams on Druidism and an analysis of how much people adhered to it during the year. Failure to pass earns a fine. It's our culture.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Wha if i iz an imigint?
    Then it will be as easy for you to learn Irish as English:) (You might even learn the Irish a bit better, assuming you meant to say "What if I am an immigrant?"):P

• Advertisement

c_man wrote: »
    Mandatory exams on Druidism and an analysis of how much people adhered to it during the year. Failure to pass earns a fine. It's our culture.
    Agreed.

Then it will be as easy for you to learn Irish as English:) (You might even learn the Irish a bit better, assuming you meant to say "What if I am an immigrant?"):P

I az no Ideer wha yu referrrrin 2.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I az no Ideer wha yu referrrrin 2.
    Wuld it elp fi Me speaks lik zees?:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    A 70% tax bracket for anyone making more than €200k a year.

If I was taxed at 70% I'd pay my tax in the UK. End result = €0 for the Irish Govt. Great suggestion though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Well, I guess "After hours style" really is code for unworkable bullshit.

Wuld it elp fi Me speaks lik zees?:pac:

Actually, that works great thanks.

How do you know I did?

Who said I live with my parents?
    I think you have done because you have the bitter remorse of a property boom sucker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

People don't give a focail. :pac:

Well, I guess "After hours style" really is code for unworkable bullshit.
    *Sighs*... I suppose you're right...
    (bit harsh though:p, not the worst suggestion here you'll have to admit)

• Advertisement

you have the bitter remorse of a property boom sucker.
    ^Rolls up sleeves^
    Careful now!

Advertisement