Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

MugMugs wrote: »
    johnos1984 wrote: »

It's great to have an understanding OH.........who knows I don't want another bland box

LOL
    That sounds very wrong doesn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Selling up EPM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's great to have an understanding OH.........who knows I don't want another bland box

LOL
    That sounds very wrong doesn't it!

Yup :)

Stheno wrote: »
    No!

I was just getting a feel for what was out there and what I want. I realised after getting home and having a cup of tea that none of what I looked at appealed in any way.

A quick call to the other half confirmed my suspicion when she asked did I not say I was getting some good and fast next time. Given she has been at the receiving end of my motoring ramblings of later she put me back on track.

So what are you thinking about?

Am I wrong thinking EPM has an Octavia RS?
    I know of a good clean well cared for car coming up for sale later in the year and I'm going to hold on and see how that works out.

That's what I'm thinking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Thats a seriously clean car.

Its not usually, the inside, windows and lights get cleaned every week but not the rest in this weather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Evo 5's can be had seriously cheap at the moment. Now that I'm working in City Centre I'm on Public Transport for work..... Hmmmm. I'm very very tempted to start test driving them

Selling up EPM ?

Might have my eye on something for later in the year. But that requires money and I'm useless at saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Evo 5's can be had seriously cheap at the moment. Now that I'm working in City Centre I'm on Public Transport for work..... Hmmmm. I'm very very tempted to start test driving them

I think bmw535d might be selling his..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Gary ITR wrote: »

Tempted to start test driving public transport :confused: :pac:

Keep the 3MPS in mind too bud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Tempted to start test driving public transport :confused: :pac:

Keep the 3MPS in mind too bud!

Oh the MPS is in mind but money for racing is more important than money for a daily at the minute

EPM wrote: »

I'm not sure to be honest Eoin.

What's telling me that it's not an MPS is because it's missing the MPS on the front seats, the power bulge in the bonnet, the MPS front grille (the one on it is part of a Katana body kit), MPS wheels, wide exhaust.

It's a Jap import though so possibly specced differently over there. Mazda did have an N/A 2.3 but I don't think they sold it here and the 3 never had it, always the 6.

Cabrwab might be able to add a bit more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Come September I will be loan free and I am going to buy something like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,431 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The japper Mazda3 2.3 Sport is 170hp and not turbo.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The japper Mazda3 2.3 Sport is 170hp and not turbo.

Same as the US spec ones so! In that case its bloody expensive.

Same as the US spec ones so! In that case its bloody expensive.

In my opinion, if you were gonna get a 2.3 Mazda, you might aswell make it an MPS :D

In my opinion, if you were gonna get a 2.3 Mazda, you might aswell make it an MPS :D

Most pointless import ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Most pointless import ever.

The car is for sale at least a year I think even more.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

h3000 wrote: »
    The car is for sale at least a year I think even more.

Not going to go anytime soon either I'd say:)

EPM and Testtransmission will you both stop the willy waving on that FogLights thread lol

• Advertisement

Not going to go anytime soon either I'd say:)

Not unless it gets a turbo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

EPM and Testtransmission will you both stop the willy waving on that FogLights thread lol

No idea what you're talking about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

You've already figured it out that is the 2.3 N/A, HUGELY popular in the states.
    Jap import alright. Never sold here don't even think it sold in the UK.
    As stated why bother?
    If you didn't want the turbo surely 2L would be good enough.

And its being for sale about the same length of time as the Red MPS.

Id could see the point of the 2.3 6 Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I was about to say that guy has a Red 3MPS for sale as well doesn't he?! And that was only based on the pictures on the ad.

What a waste or time the 2.3 N/A would be. All the costs and half the fun of an MPS.

On an unrelated note, filled up in Maxol yesterday and the 99 Octane seems to actually make a difference to performance and smoothness of the car. It also seems to help with some nice exhaust pops and bangs too, if you're feeling childish. :D

dar83 wrote: »
    On an unrelated note, filled up in Maxol yesterday and the 99 Octane seems to actually make a difference to performance and smoothness of the car. It also seems to help with some nice exhaust pops and bangs too, if you're feeling childish. :D

Where is this Maxol? I didn't think 99 octane was available here anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

E5 I'd imagine, not 99 octane unleaded

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I thought all Maxol stations had either 97/99 octane stuff?

Has that changed recently?

Edit: I stand corrected, it was indeed the E5 stuff. Still seemtohave helped performance a little, which I wasn't expecting much.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

dar83 wrote: »
    I thought all Maxol stations had either 97/99 octane stuff?

Has that changed recently?

Edit: I stand corrected, it was indeed the E5 stuff. Still seemtohave helped performance a little, which I wasn't expecting much.

Must try it once I sort out my car next week.

Got great news today that my noisy engine is a buggered variator rather than the bottom end.

Twas a long 24 hours :eek::eek:

There used be a Maxol right across the road from my house but the fecker went indie a few years ago :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

There used be a Maxol right across the road from my house but the fecker went indie a few years ago :mad:

There is one right around the corner from my work, take superquinn reciepts and with those is about 10 c a litre cheaper than my local :eek:

Min 6e saving per full fill!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement