Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

Is your ZT bright blue and on 03 plates?

Nope, dark blue on 02 plates...
    2009_1029Prelude_clean0003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

johnos1984 wrote: »
    Mine is a long distance relationship so I'm forever exiled and relaxing

Are your arms that long?

Eh?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

RoverJames wrote: »
    Nope, dark blue on 02 plates...
    2009_1029Prelude_clean0003.jpg

Love those cars. There's a mint bright blue one going around Douglas on 03 D plates. Looks savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    I haven't gotten the ZT washed in over 2 months iirc, a few times a week I park in a muddy building site car park so it gete dirty very quickly, minding a car and keeping it clean aren't related. Now in my specific case it's not overly minded either :pac:

Are you a construction engineer?

Nope, but the place I work at mainly is building an extension, I usually rock in around 9 so all the car parks are full except for the overflow/builders car park :)

• Advertisement

The only ever Rover esque thing i drove with that 2.5 v6 in an Auto Freelander.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anyone ever use a PTFE wax before? Always wanted to give em a try but somethings telling me itd be a bitch to buff off
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Wax-Shop-Paint-Sealant-Protection-PTFE-Technology-/230476647916?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item35a97a8dec#ht_3043wt_1161

This teflon stuff seems to be just a load of hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

6ol9Q.jpg

... that's looney, it's literally a footpath with vehicular access for emergencies I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

How fast was s(he) going ffs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Someone must have had too many night caps

What type car is it?

What type car is it?

Something has me thinking a Legacy, but that's just the wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thankfully it was a pole that was hit rather than a pedestrian! Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Looks like I need new brake pads for my momo, haven't taken a look yet but sounds like she does! So due an oil change, new pads and new handbrake cable! Ugh but looking forward to getting hands on & doing these myself, well maybe not the cable! :D

Only problem is I've no idea what pads to get, :o can anyone shed any light on whats decent for the DC5s? Don't have to be the best make, once they do the job really! A set from Honda themselves should do fine shouldn't they?

Busy busy at the moment but need to get these sorted soon dont like leaving things, picking up my filter today, oil on the way soon too. So if I can get these pads I'll just get it all done on the one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yellow stuff pads would probably be cheaper than the ones from Honda and are good for track use as well I think.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/yellowstuff_brake_pads/yellowstuff_brake_pads_4000_index.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Jemmy wrote: »
    Looks like I need new brake pads for my momo, haven't taken a look yet but sounds like she does! So due an oil change, new pads and new handbrake cable! Ugh but looking forward to getting hands on & doing these myself, well maybe not the cable! :D

Only problem is I've no idea what pads to get, :o can anyone shed any light on whats decent for the DC5s? Don't have to be the best make, once they do the job really! A set from Honda themselves should do fine shouldn't they?

Busy busy at the moment but need to get these sorted soon dont like leaving things, picking up my filter today, oil on the way soon too. So if I can get these pads I'll just get it all done on the one day!
    draffodx wrote: »
    Yellow stuff pads would probably be cheaper than the ones from Honda and are good for track use I think.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/yellowstuff_brake_pads/yellowstuff_brake_pads_4000_index.shtml

Yellow stuff would be a mix between racing and road usage pads. Can be squeeky. If you don't track the car it's most likely actually green stuff you want.

I use yellow stuff on the M5 and I'm well happy with them.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Thankfully it was a pole that was hit rather than a pedestrian! Crazy!

RACIST!!

About that crash, I reckon the driver thought the poll might fold easier than the little bollard next to it so went for that.

Mustve been a male driver cos every woman in cork knows thats pedestrian only with the shopping there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Yellow stuff pads would probably be cheaper than the ones from Honda and are good for track use as well I think.

Marlow wrote: »
    Yellow stuff would be a mix between racing and road usage pads. Can be squeeky. If you don't track the car it's most likely actually green stuff you want.

I use yellow stuff on the M5 and I'm well happy with them.

/M

Yellow & green stuff, I'm lost just shows what I know about brakes! :o

Thanks lads, I don't plan on taking her out on track again really. Hopefully getting a Dc2 for that soon but you never know never planned on taking her out in the first place & she's done 2 track days now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Jemmy wrote: »
    Yellow & green stuff, I'm lost just shows what I know about brakes! :o

EBC colors their pads according to what they are manufactured/geared for. They also call them like that.

So green, yellow, red and blue stuff. And they are literally that color :D

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I test drove a Tom Tom 2010 Laguna yesterday in Wicklow town and thought it pretty nice but underpowered.

It had tiny mileage and seemed like the starting price of €18k was negotiable.

If your dad likes them why not certainly nicer than a boggo spec sales rep bmw

Please tell you're not going from bad to worse!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

MugMugs wrote: »

Exactly.

He should just buy my car instead but he won't listen to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

EPM wrote: »
    Exactly.

Thats a seriously clean car.

I test drove a Tom Tom 2010 Laguna yesterday in Wicklow town and thought it pretty nice but underpowered.

It had tiny mileage and seemed like the starting price of €18k was negotiable.

If your dad likes them why not certainly nicer than a boggo spec sales rep bmw

No!

I was just getting a feel for what was out there and what I want. I realised after getting home and having a cup of tea that none of what I looked at appealed in any way.

A quick call to the other half confirmed my suspicion when she asked did I not say I was getting some good and fast next time. Given she has been at the receiving end of my motoring ramblings of later she put me back on track.

It's great to have an understanding OH.........who knows I don't want another bland box

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Thats a seriously clean car.

+111

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

No!

I was just getting a feel for what was out there and what I want. I realised after getting home and having a cup of tea that none of what I looked at appealed in any way.

A quick call to the other half confirmed my suspicion when she asked did I not say I was getting some good and fast next time. Given she has been at the receiving end of my motoring ramblings of later she put me back on track.

It's great to have an understanding OH.........who knows I don't want another bland box

So what are you thinking about?

Am I wrong thinking EPM has an Octavia RS?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

LOL

• Advertisement

EPM wrote: »

Exactly.

I won't if you try a hard sell lol.

It's a head over heart matter, the figures don't stack up right now but once the summer is here and I have a contract renewal (touch wood) I'll be happy to change, or at least once the contract is sorted whichever comes first!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement