Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

.... not that 2bhp matters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    That's wrong, they have it down as 105PS which is correct, a PS = 0.98 of a bhp :)

It's funny how that works because PS stands for Pferde Stärke which means horse power :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Ok cool. I did wonder about that PS/bhp thing before!

Ok so This ZR looks pretty nice. Going to send him off an email with some pertinent HG related questions.

Regarding the coolant I would probably fit an alarm to the coolant tank. Should be easy enough to rig up a float switch in the reservoir and a simple alarm circuit.
    [I am an EE student, best put the course to some use :rolleyes:]

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's funny how that works because PS stands for Pferde Stärke which means horse power :D

German horses are smaller :)

I'd be as concerned about the R65 gearbox as the HG to be honest, gearbox is easier to notice though as they get noisy before they fail :)

The MGF (some of them) had a coolant level sensor I believe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Redisle wrote: »

Ok so This ZR looks pretty nice. Going to send him off an email with some pertinent HG related questions.

Regarding the coolant I would probably fit an alarm to the coolant tank. Should be easy enough to rig up a float switch in the reservoir and a simple alarm circuit.

That one looks clean, but it's often the cleanest ones that are the most deceiving. i'd take every car by it's written merrit and never really judge on photos alone.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3249595

New model for not much more. Also, don't be too worried about an impeding NCT, from what i know they're very basic underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think it was the last TFs that had them?

Redisle wrote: »

If you come across a red one reg plate 02-D-63980, that's my old one :o

Look out for leaking sunroofs aswell. The water will gather around the map light and drip down. The channels to drain the sunroof aren't blocked if this is happening. I never did get to the bottom of it but my guess would be the rubber seal around the sunroof.

......... Also, don't be too worried about an impeding NCT, from what i know they're very basic underneath.

Yep.
    Trailing arm bushes would be the only common thing really. The 25/45/ZR/ZS are very straightforward due to the dated underpinnings :)

I just googled the reg plate of it for the craic and I found out it was recently sold by a garage in Kilkenny!

I sold it to a guy from Waterford in 2006.

• Advertisement

I'd be as concerned about the R65 gearbox as the HG to be honest, gearbox is easier to notice though as they get noisy before they fail :)

The MGF (some of them) had a coolant level sensor I believe :)

Will include a question about the gb in that case!
    That one looks clean, but it's often the cleanest ones that are the most deceiving. i'd take every car by it's written merrit and never really judge on photos alone.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3249595

New model for not much more. Also, don't be too worried about an impeding NCT, from what i know they're very basic underneath.

Yeah have seen that one before. Shame the side skirts are missing and it dosen't have the 17" straights. I think I kind of want a pre-facelift in Red or a facelift in Blue with straights. Very picky I know!
    If you come across a red one reg plate 02-D-63980, that's my old one :o

Look out for leaking sunroofs aswell. The water will gather around the map light and drip down. The channels to drain the sunroof aren't blocked if this is happening. I never did get to the bottom of it but my guess would be the rubber seal around the sunroof.

Yeah have seen mention of the sunroof leaks on the mg forums. Also I believe around the top of the rear hatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You're allowed be picky! You have the monays.

Is the rear hatch leak due to the rubber seals around the opening or due to seals under the spoiler? I remember the spoiler on mine being fairly loose and moveable when washing/waxing. I never had a leak from there though, just from the sunroof.

Another thing all MGs seem to have is rapidly fading badges.

Is the rear hatch leak due to the rubber seals around the opening or due to seals under the spoiler? I remember the spoiler on mine being fairly loose and moveable when washing/waxing. I never had a leak from there though, just from the sunroof.

Im not sure it was a leak I saw mention of, more lodged water leading to rust I believe. Plenty of badges on Ebay!

Another nice one here but quite far away and the oil stains under the car would worry me :pac:. Might start ringing around after tomorrow (Finished exams)

I got the stickers off Ebay to sort mine, fine job in fairness :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Mine are perfect on the Rover.

There must have been a QC inspector on the line the day it was built :pac:

Didn't SAIC change them to chrome finish on the new ones? What do you make of them? I don't know what to think except that they messed it all up by not publicizing them properly and they're fairly bland looking.

.......... What do you make of them?............

Bland as you say, if it wasn't for the net I wouldn't know they existed really. Wouldn't be overly interested in them :)
    You on about the MG7 or the MG6?

Bland as you say, if it wasn't for the net I wouldn't know they existed really. Wouldn't be overly interested in them :)

The MG6, didn't even know about the 7 until you mentioned it there! I see the 7 is a ZT with an Audi grille :D

Spotted an MG6 in Aberdeen about two weeks ago.

While not a bad looking car, it was very bland and inoffensive, I can't help but feel it looks at least 10 years out of date when you compare it to everything else in it's class.

The Koreans do the value for money range of cars a lot better

• Advertisement

If I was given the choice I'd choose a Hyundai i40 over the MG6 all day every day.

If I was given the choice I'd choose a Hyundai i40 over the 6 all day every day.
    I'd consider it more of a i30 competitor............which I'd pick over it all day long

I was on about the old MG7 that China had, a 75 really rather than the one Britain might be getting. The 6 is a joke really.

The 6 is a joke really.
    It's not even funny anymore

9k will get you an 11reg one at auction with 1 owner (the now ex-dealer) and zero miles

They are looking for double that for a new one. The only ones to be seen on the road are Avis hire cars

The diesel may make a cheap used car in a couple of years but parts supply and quality would be a major concern.

As said, I'd take an i30 over one any day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fiona

Whats Lufthansa though? :confused:

Thats a joke right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

The Rover 75 v8(aka Audi grill) was launched at the same car show as the new model A6 that launched the Audi grill :P

MG7 is a bit pointless, MG6 is completely pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Whats Lufthansa though? :confused:

The German national airline, there is also Lufthansa airmotive Ireland, which is a major aircraft engine repair and technical facility near Baldonnel .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Fiona wrote: »
    Whats Lufthansa though?
    Thats a joke right?
    eu·tha·na·sia/ˌyo͞oTHəˈnāZHə/
    Noun:
    The painless killing of a patient suffering from an incurable and painful disease or in an irreversible coma.

:pac:
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I`d bet the Luftwaffe will be strafing house later for that :pac:

What's the Luftwaffe?:D:P

• Advertisement

What's the Luftwaffe?:D:P

Same thing as Lufthansa ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement