Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

cadaliac wrote: »
    If he took it in as p/x he is a dealer. That makes it worse. At least the ad is gone. I wonder if he changes the alloys and re-tries to sell again soon....
    In fairness, I know plenty of private sellers who have taken in a P/X+cash their way. Nothing illegal about a member of public taking in a P/X and then selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

What was the reg?

Post it here along with "clocked" so if someone googles it they should get this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

And boards.ie Motors forum cracks another motoring mystery :D

He would have gotten away with it too........if it wasnt for you pesky kids:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

What was the reg?

Post it here along with "clocked" so if someone googles it they should get this thread.

03LS2509 IS A HONDA ACCORD THAT SHOULD HAVE 180,000 MILES ON BUT HAS BEEN CLOCKED.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Quazzie wrote: »
    03LS2509 IS A HONDA ACCORD THAT SHOULD HAVE 180,000 MILES ON BUT HAS BEEN CLOCKED.

;)

03-LS-2509
    03 LS 2509

just to be sure :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Can the motor check companies not be informed so at least its on their website if any potential buyer does a check it'll be highlighted?

And also at its next NCT would the mileage diff be flagged? If not it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Tragedy wrote: »
    In fairness, I know plenty of private sellers who have taken in a P/X+cash their way. Nothing illegal about a member of public taking in a P/X and then selling it.
    True, I didn't think of that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

What was the reg?

Would there be any point in making a "clocked" thread in the motors forum, as I think it would be as usefull if not more?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Would there be any point in making a "clocked" thread in the motors forum, as I think it would be as usefull if not more?

Not unless there was documented proof on each occasion. Otherwise you would be looking at libel cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Another mission for the boards.ie crack team perhaps..

Fiesta with a serious fault marked sold here yesterday for € 500

For sale again today here for € 950 with no mention of any problems!

The pics in the new ad aren't all of the same car either. Notice the wheels.

• Advertisement

Redisle wrote: »
    Another mission for the boards.ie crack team perhaps..

Fiesta with a serious fault marked sold here yesterday for € 500

For sale again today here for € 950 with no mention of any problems!

The pics in the new ad aren't all of the same car either. Notice the wheels.

Sean's a dealer. Lots of other stuff up for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Sean's a dealer. Lots of other stuff up for sale.

Sean also put the milage up from 97,000km to 940,000km :D

Sean also put the milage up from 97,000km to 940,000km :D

Honest seller! ;):p:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Heard a good one this evening involving someone I know.

Girl got rear ended by taxi, taxi driver got out to talk to the girl. She admitted liability.

He went back to his car to get a pen and paper and she drove off.

A bit puzzled by this the taxi driver reported it to the police immediately and gave a statement.

Two hours later the girl went to the police and submitted a report claiming the driver drove off, had no insurance and she had a witness.

Given the taxi driver had already been in and submitted a slightly different report the Police weren't too happy.

She is now getting stung for submitting a false report and wasting police time as is her father.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Why would she admit liability?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Why would she admit liability?

Given what she did after that it leads me to think she is an IDIOT

I imagine she panicked, went home, got 'put straight' by her father and then decided the best way to correct it was to make a false police report

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

johnos1984 wrote: »

No shortage of those these days :(

draffodx wrote: »
    No shortage of those these days :(

Had an issue yourself?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I imagine she panicked, went home, got 'put straight' by her father and then decided the best way to correct it was to make a false police report

Definitely panicked. But jaysis, some people need to take a deep breath in these situations and just chill.

If anyone has a way of legally transporting a car from Dublin to Nenagh do they fancy earning themselves €200 on Saturday? PM me if you do

• Advertisement

If anyone has a way of legally transporting a car from Dublin to Nenagh do they fancy earning themselves €200 on Saturday? PM me if you do

Passat?

Passat?
    Yep.

My mechanic has been left down again so I'm taking matter into my own hand. I had someone lined up to do it but their taxi has run into difficulty and needs to be fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

Eddie stobart T&T just started on chennel 5.

Passat?
    Yep.

My mechanic has been left down again so I'm taking matter into my own hand. I had someone lined up to do it but their taxi has run into difficulty and needs to be fixed

Get that thing exorcised before you send anybody near it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Eddie stobart T&T just started on chennel 5.

Jesus thats desperate rubbish it makes every truck driver look like a complete twat..

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I think at this stage John you best bet would be to rent a catapult and launch the car into the Irish sea!

220px-Streichholz.jpg
    +
    jerry-can.jpg
    =
    caronfire.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I have a towrope and vtec. :pac:

I've a fine set of chains you can use.

I'd look great towing it down the motorway. Isn't that illegal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd look great towing it down the motorway. Isn't that illegal?

I once towed a car from Stephens green to offaly. Was going 80mph on the M7 when i forgot my speed. I slowed down and looked out my side window to see the car i was towing alongside me. Absolutely shít myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement