Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Feck I seen to have stumpled into Aviation & Aircraft, pardon me... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Early VAG tdi's:P

Nah. They're not that bad. Only when it's pedal to the metal and it has been chipped. Actually, the bimmer is worse on full throttle for smoke.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

b17 and b24 noise is pretty nice!
    im not sure if this is allowed in here no mo but

when i was younger i remember the lougheed electra planes making so much noise on take off....loved those old engines :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    FIAT make some fine aircraft!

So do Saab actually. And Rolls Royce makes excellent aircraft engines. Even BMW used to make aircraft.

/M

remember on top gear saab were just repeating how well their planes were made, nothing about the cars :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

when i was younger i remember the lougheed electra planes making so much noise on take off....loved those old engines :(

I was at that airshow...it was unreal! Spitfires were the best bit!

you lucky divil!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Marlow wrote: »
    Even BMW used to make aircraft.

/M

Did they make aircraft or just engines for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Marlow wrote: »
    Even BMW used to make aircraft.

/M

That's how they came up with the logo ain't it, signifies the propeller or something like that?

The circular blue and white BMW logo or roundel evolved from the circular Rapp Motorenwerke company logo, from which the BMW company grew, combined with the blue and white colors of the flag of Bavaria.[9] The logo has been portrayed as the movement of an aircraft propeller with the white blades cutting through a blue sky

• Advertisement

The circular blue and white BMW logo or roundel evolved from the circular Rapp Motorenwerke company logo, from which the BMW company grew, combined with the blue and white colors of the flag of Bavaria.[9] The logo has been portrayed as the movement of an aircraft propeller with the white blades cutting through a blue sky

Thats exactly what I was trying to say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Nah, electra's are jet props....you need proper old piston power for real noise.

they were loud to me as a 5 year old! :D

I think we need to organise a meet in the ALSAA for the anoracks amongst us, coffee cars and planes!!

Fiona wrote: »
    I think we need to organise a meet in the ALSAA for the anoracks amongst us, coffee cars and planes!!

The mound in the summer time is the real spot:)

Where that??

The best spot I think is at the end of the runway where the round about to Ashbourne / St Margarets and Swords is when you come from Finglas.

When the planes come into land you can't see them until the right overhead it's deadly :D

Christ I sound so sad there :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Where that??

The best spot I think is at the end of the runway where the round about to Ashbourne / St Margarets and Swords is when you come from Finglas.

When the planes come into land you can't see them until the right overhead it's deadly :D

Christ I sound so sad there :o

I thought both of those spots were for ridin'? :eek:

Ahhhhhh, I see! :o

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I thought both of those spots were for ridin'? :eek:

Ahhhhhh, I see! :o

They serve a dual purpose:P

You two are disgraceful go wash your mouth out with soap and water.

You two are disgraceful go wash your mouth out with soap and water.

That went right over my head!

Woooooossssshhhhh!!!!
    concorde_3.jpg

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    That went right over my head!

Woooooossssshhhhh!!!!

John are you drinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Went to put 20 Euro's worth of diesel in the car. Went to pay. €32

How'd that happen?

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I love to see an old Merlin or a Daimler-Benz running a test bed. Just looking at the stats of those old engines it shows you how far we have come. They were nearly 40 litres in displacement and were 12 cylinders pushing out 1500-2000hp. They also used exotic fuels and water injection and didnt last very long before needing rebuilds.

Now you can buy a BMW/Merc estate car that has 500/600bhp from a 4/5 litre V8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pcRRk0msas

Just in case any of you don't follow the HWIST thread you want to see the pics Marcin has just posted!:eek:

Start at post 1249

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

I need some help!

I sanded off the primer on the bumper, should I spray another coat of primer on and sand that off or do I spray on the paint now. Im doing things with that bumper that I dont even know if its right. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You don't sand all the primer off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You don't sand all the primer off

:o Ok, so il sray on a coat and leave it on? then spray on the accual paint?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I need some help!

I sanded off the primer on the bumper, should I spray another coat of primer on and sand that off or do I spray on the paint now. Im doing things with that bumper that I dont even know if its right. :eek:

No don't sand the primer... Let it dry first :)

Make sure you are working in a dry environment and that the area is clean. Spray onto the bumper and make sure its dry!

I think in my van thread is a step by step procedure on spraying the fibreglass panels :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement