Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Jesus thats desperate rubbish it makes every truck driver look like a complete twat..

Not every truck driver, just the eddie stobart truck drivers.

And thats why I watch it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

johnos1984 wrote: »
    I'd look great towing it down the motorway. Isn't that illegal?

The motorway is, Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

I'm in FOUL humour this evening :mad:

I was meant to find out if I have a job next year however I was informed that the person telling me this evening needed a breather after a meeting. Now I've to wait until tomorrow.

Possibly bought the 75 at the wrong time......opps

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    To tow stuff you need Torque so that's that idea out the window :)

Whoosh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

want the new shape grille so bad, don't want to spend 200pounds so bad...

Gr...

• Advertisement

want the new shape grille so bad, don't want to spend 200pounds so bad...

Gr...

Any scrap yard ones available?

Any scrap yard ones available?

Partfinder says a crowd in Monaghan have two, range them and emailed them to no avail.

Partfinder says a crowd in Monaghan have two, range them and emailed them to no avail.
    Balls then.

Have you joined any of the UK based owners club forums?

I remember reading about a circular from Jag HQ to dealers a few years back were they were told specifically not to retrofit them to any cars belonging to previous generations.

No reason was given as to why though just that customers were to be told NO if they asked

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Bad buzz John. But at least you have the rover!!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

€50 plus paint we'll say.

i'd imagine through wheeling and dealing i'd be able to get the facelift grille for under €150 painted.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Bad buzz John. But at least you have the rover!!
    Lets hope I'm not forced to sell it as i won't get what I paid for it

Lets hope I'm not forced to sell it as i won't get what I paid for it

Not at all. You have that job in the bag for next year.

Im just after doing the apptitute test thingy for the ESB apprentiship. Woah tuff stuff. :(

Im just after doing the apptitute test thingy for the ESB apprentiship. Woah tuff stuff. :(

Best of luck. Very hard to get into. Literally thousands of applicants for every spot. Someone has to get it mind.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Best of luck. Very hard to get into. Literally thousands of applicants for every spot. Someone has to get it mind.

Thanks, Im off to do the other part now. This is just my tea break. :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Thanks, Im off to do the other part now. This is just my tea break. :p:D

Study your arse off if you get an interview.
    I thought I was so prepared for an apprenticeship with Lufthansa but I guess I didn't prepare hard enough.
    These spots are tough these days.

Good luck, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Was anyone watching Wheeler Dealers?? Looks like Mike was done with the whole "give me your account number" thingy by GEORGE from Cyprus hahahaha

I'd say they can't sell half of these things in the current climate. They're doing a very bad job of pretending to have a seller!

Forgot all about it. When is it repeated?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Every 10 minutes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

E39MSport wrote: »
    Every 10 minutes :D
    Is it on Dave these days? :D

CianRyan wrote: »
    Study your arse off if you get an interview.
    I thought I was so prepared for an apprenticeship with Lufthansa but I guess I didn't prepare hard enough.
    These spots are tough these days.

Good luck, man.

Cheers.

I said id give it a go as im out of school a year and finished a fetec level 5 hotel and catering course. Found out the old cooking wasent my cup of tea. (see what I did there?) :cool:

Whats Lufthansa though? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I'm actually sitting here cracking up because I am sick to death of my Corolla.

Driving a 00 H/B for the last 2 years and I really need rid of the damn thing. It's annoying, it's a nice car on paper, not slow, e/w,e/m,heated mirrors,ABS,Trip Computer but fu*k me is it boring. I can't even describe why it is boring as such.. it just is. I don't even have much else to compare it to. Drove a 97 Saxo before it and that's about it. Actually, now that I think about it, I think that was a better car and it only had about 50bhp.

I was all set on changing to an MG ZR but then I get to wondering will I really notice much of a difference? Taking the 1.4, it would only be 6bhp more than the corolla, roughly the same weight but with a listed 1-60 time 1.4 seconds faster. Would that 1.4 seconds feel noticeably different? Would the car feel nicer to drive? I can't really answer these questions for myself because I haven't driven enough cars!

I will probably be told to go drive one but most of the half decent examples seem to be up the country and then I don't have "Driving other cars" so test driving becomes even more of a pita. Stupid Irish Insurance system :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It won't be drastically better, but you'll get that Little buzz from driving something that bit different.

Redisle wrote: »
    Would the car feel nicer to drive?
    Yep

I had a Corolla and about a 6 weeks after selling it I forgot all about.

The ZR is a nice drive in fairness, it's far from perfect and needs a bit of care but it is a cracking car to drive for what it is

A ZR handles very well and there is a decent sound off a 4 cylinder K series at high revs. Defo less boring than a Corolla. You'd have to check your coolant level weekly though, not something I did too often in my Celica :)

What engine is in the Corolla? Those Zr's are 105bhp!

What engine is in the Corolla? Those Zr's are 105bhp!

They're 103bhp :)
    He must have a VVTi corolla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yup. The 1.4VVTI corolla. 94bhp. The ZR is listed as 101bhp on parkers hence my +6bhp.

• Advertisement

Redisle wrote: »
    .........The ZR is listed as 101bhp on parkers hence my +6bhp.

That's wrong, they have it down as 105PS which is correct, a PS = 0.98 of a bhp :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement