Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I would along to an oul midweek Eddies meet. I don't think it should be held in charlestown though, not the best area for standing around the cars to have a chat before/after IMO. But I'll go either way, I'm a finglas man originally :)

The Walkinstown one is better...

Does someone want to stick a date on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are you just sitting in it in the driveway or does it work today?

i drove it 300 km since i bought it Friday night. Last night the engine management came on and it was down power. Started it again last night and it was off. Started it this morning and drove up and down to the shops not a bother :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    One for dgt, not the ad I was on about earlier, but you'll definitely like it

http://www.ina.fr/pub/automobile-et-transport/video/PUB545708052/fiat-bravo-brava-bravo-brava-elastica-pqf-8000f.fr.html

song is 2:1 by Elastica, if it seems familiar, it's also on the Trainspotting soundtrack

Cheers Colm, I've actually never seen tv adverts for these cars :)

ND put up the long version of the 406 ad in the other thread, I hadn't seen it in years!

Being brought back to the 90s here :D

Which reminds me, the chap in the new 508 ad looks like the same chap from the 406 ad, only older...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

i drove it 300 km since i bought it Friday night. Last night the engine management came on and it was down power. Started it again last night and it was off. Started it this morning and drove up and down to the shops not a bother :)

Not to be smart or anything but would the cause of that EML light be anything similar to what happened Jeremy Clarkson when he had the Jag on the Nurburgring?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Not to be smart or anything but would the cause of that EML light be anything similar to what happened Jeremy Clarkson when he had the Jag on the Nurburgring?

Me driving the **** out of it?

No, i very rarely drive my own cars on unless someone is annoying me.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Not too happy with the E46 sound system. From doing a bit of research the head unit and amp are decent and its let down by the cheap paper cone speakers. A company called Bavarian soundwerks does an excellent kit for $600 but I wont be going down that route.. going to try and get the 10 speakers elsewhere. Any recommendations on where to buy? Ardennes you seem to be fairly on the ball with your audio stuff recently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its awful and they people that say its unbelievable are people that have never played rFactor or GP legends.

GP legends was..........legend:D even with a pre force feedback wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

conzymaher wrote: »
    Not too happy with the E46 sound system. From doing a bit of research the head unit and amp are decent and its let down by the cheap paper cone speakers. A company called Bavarian soundwerks does an excellent kit for $600 but I wont be going down that route.. going to try and get the 10 speakers elsewhere. Any recommendations on where to buy? Ardennes you seem to be fairly on the ball with your audio stuff recently :)

Voodoo replaced the spreakers on his E38 last year - could well be the man to help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Johntegr

Some of us were bold.
    Oi oi, don't drag the rest of us with ya. :pac:
    So, anyone on here play Forza Motorsport 4? Love the Fujimi Kaido track. Pity that in the vs Sprint mode the traffic, like Ireland involves lots of Tiidas :mad:
    Still on Forza 3. I refuse to buy the new one 'til I finish the previous one. Have been doing that with all them.
    mrs crilly wrote: »
    Charlestown in Finglas is handy as well. Lots of parking, Eddies is there and McDonalds and Kfc are opening soon. Or else spin out to Howth and get chips nyom!
    We're aiming to be open around the 27th May. :)
    pred racer wrote: »
    Croissant -check
    Pain au chocolat - check
    Coffee - check

Sunday morning brekkie in paris:D

Sometimes its the little things that make ya happy:p
    I remember visiting Paris a couple years ago and brekkie was included in the hotel. My god. Corn flakes, toast, fruit salad, yogurt, croissant's, coffee, every juice ya could think of. They really do brekkie properly!

Johntegr wrote: »
    They really do brekkie properly!

I didn't hear you say bacon?

• Advertisement

We're aiming to be open around the 27th May. :)........

Do you work for McDs? :)

If so could you send out a communication to all outlets that putting the fries container into the bag upside down is extremely irritating :cool:

I remember visiting Paris a couple years ago and brekkie was included in the hotel. My god. Corn flakes, toast, fruit salad, yogurt, croissant's, coffee, every juice ya could think of. They really do brekkie properly!
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

A few years ago a few of us were over in a hotel in Liverpool, for the weekend it was continental breakfast, in fairness it was a fine spread of grub. One of the lads was disgusted, there was a cooked breakfast available but it was extra. The tight bastad wouldn't pay for it and insisted on us going out to a greasy spoon for a cooked breakfast.

We ended up in a right sh1t hole where the staff put sugar in the mug of tea at the counter for you, awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

RoverJames wrote: »
    A few years ago a few of us were over in a hotel in Liverpool, for the weekend it was continental breakfast, in fairness it was a fine spread of grub. One of the lads was disgusted, there was a cooked breakfast available but it was extra. The tight bastad wouldn't pay for it and insisted on us going out to a greasy spoon for a cooked breakfast.

We ended up in a right sh1t hole where the staff put sugar in the mug of tea at the counter for you, awful.

Stingy thread that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    All the cars either have massive amounts of under-steer or zero rear end grip. No proper damage modelling, terrible cheating online and some quite poor graphics in certain places.

In fairness half of that stuff isn't exactly what I'm talking about. Any racing game online on a console is pretty crap unless you know the people in the lobby and you race properly. Graphics, again not majorly important and damage model while being important is mostly aesthetic still when you're talking about console racers, and G5 does have it affect the hnalding as you would expect (to a degree).

The understeer issue is exactly what the game feels like with a controller and/or not tinkering with the suspension/ARB's etc...

You can't compare it to rFactor anyway, completely different ball game, but for a console effort with the sheer amount of cars (some not the best visually as you've pointed out) and tracks, along with the Museum etc... I think they've done a decent enough job.

In saying that, I've not played it in well over 6 months, so make of that what you will. :D

Bacon is not for brekkie. It's for cutting into strips, grilling 'til crispy and lashing onto a nice beef burger. Nyom nom nom.
    Do you work for McDs? :)

If so could you send out a communication to all outlets that putting the fries container into the bag upside down is extremely irritating :cool:
    I do.

Putting the fries container into the bag upside down?

Oh, like putting the box of fries into the takeaway bag upside down and there's fries all over the place? I should hope this doesn't happen at your local maccers. :eek:

If it does go back and turn the bag upside down, it shows them how to put the fries into the bag. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Oi oi, don't drag the rest of us with ya. :pac:

Still on Forza 3. I refuse to buy the new one 'til I finish the previous one. Have been doing that with all them.

We're aiming to be open around the 27th May. :)

Strang thing is most of the frenchies have cocoa and cake for brekkie

Oh, like putting the box of fries into the takeaway bag upside down and there's fries all over the place? I should hope this doesn't happen at your local maccers. :eek:.....

Indeed :mad:

In fairness I think they just throw the box in and it ends up upside down after hitting off the Big Mac :pac:

'tis the little things make all the difference :)

pred racer wrote: »
    Strang thing is most of the frenchies have cocoa and cake for brekkie

And chocolate spread, they love their chocolate spread! :eek::eek::eek:

Indeed :mad:

In fairness I think they just throw the box in and it ends up upside down after hitting off the Big Mac :pac:

'tis the little things make all the difference :)
    Feckers! TLC! Send head office an email. :pac: I fuss over the little things aswell. I pride myself on the quality of training I give and they think I'm nuts when I hit the roof when they do something in a way I didn't train them to.

Anyway, don't have to worry about that for the week as I'm on my final management course and tests for the next 4 days. **** yeah. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

As a very rough show of hands, how many people would attend a motors meet in Dublin?

I know that the usual spot is very central for everyone but just putting the feelers out to see if it would be worthwhile organising a little something.
    Bacon is not for brekkie. It's for cutting into strips, grilling 'til crispy and lashing onto a nice beef burger. Nyom nom nom.

I do.

Putting the fries container into the bag upside down?

Oh, like putting the box of fries into the takeaway bag upside down and there's fries all over the place? I should hope this doesn't happen at your local maccers. :eek:

If it does go back and turn the bag upside down, it shows them how to put the fries into the bag. :D

No no no. Rashers/bacon should never be crispy, ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

I used to work in McDonalds i loved it! Started off as crew, then training squad and then was the service manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

BDJW wrote: »
    No no no. Rashers/bacon should never be crispy, ever

Yes they should! I can't stand the fat when it's not crispy. Can't stand full stop on steak or anything so it all comes off before I eat the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

And chocolate spread, they love their chocolate spread! :eek::eek::eek:

t'fcuk they do! In a big supermarket when in France about 4 weeks ago at this stage, they were selling 5kg tubs of Nutella!

Yes I said that...5KG!:eek:

mrs crilly wrote: »
    I used to work in McDonalds i loved it! Started off as crew, then training squad and then was the service manager.
    Part of me misses being crew.

got a front bumper!

Im going to prime her.

Do I spary the primer and sand it off and add another coat?

or do I spary on the primer and let it dry and just spray on another coat after that?

Part of me misses being crew.

do you want fries with that lonesomeness? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I stopped eating mcdonalds. Overtime i eat it i feel horrible after it then hungry half an hour later

I don't find it particularly filling or cheap either... No offence intended John! I usually find something better for €7 these days...:o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yes they should! I can't stand the fat when it's not crispy. Can't stand full stop on steak or anything so it all comes off before I eat the meat.

I have to pick all visible fat off of meat, it just turns my stomach with the sight of it (the invisible stuff is fine :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

jenizzle wrote: »
    I have to pick all visible fat off of meat, it just turns my stomach with the sight of it (the invisible stuff is fine :p).

I cant believe the two of you are those people... :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Advertisement

166man wrote: »
    I don't find it particularly filling or cheap either... No offence intended John! I usually find something better for €7 these days...:o

None taken! Sure I don't eat fries and on break I always have a grilled order rather than something from the menu.

Our maccers do crazy requests so it's no biggie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement