Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Association of Catholic Priests accuses media of being anti-Catholic and anti-priest.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

44leto wrote: »
    They remain part of an organisation of their faith...... know some priests and no-way are they guilty of anything.

If they still have faith in said organization at this stage they are guilty of appallingly bad judgment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    If they still have faith in said organization at this stage they are guilty of appallingly bad judgment.

Can I set up an organisation called "Association of regular every day folk of any religion and none" so i can start a thread called -
    " Association of regular every day folk of any religion and none" accuse Roman Catholic Church of being anti children, anti abuse victims, anti women, anti gay, anti paying their own compensation, anti transparency and anti keeping their noses out of our sex lives"
    That would be fun.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Can I set up an organisation called "Association of regular every day folk of any religion and none" so i can start a thread called -
    " Association of regular every day folk of any religion and none" accuse Roman Catholic Church of being anti children, anti abuse victims, anti women, anti gay, anti paying their own compensation, anti transparency and anti keeping their noses out of our sex lives"
    That would be fun.;)
    Go right ahead.
    No law against it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Dotrel wrote: »
    John Charles McQuaid must be spinning in his grave right now.

Vinny B was on about this the other night.
    Would appear that not only did our almighty moral guardian cover up child abuse, there appears to be accusations of him being involved himself.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/hse-tightlipped-over-failure-to-pass-on-mcquaid-sexabuse-claim-2959145.html
    THE HSE has refused to explain why an allegation that one of the most powerful figures in the Catholic Church had abused a minor was not passed to a commission investigating abuse in the Dublin Archdiocese.

Gardai last night said they were still investigating two complaints made against former Archbishop of Dublin John Charles McQuaid.

Yesterday it emerged that one of the complaints -- made in 2003 -- was never reported to the Murphy Commission.

I realise the timing of this release seems a bit coincidental after the backlash the media took last week over the Kevin Reynolds thing but if it is substantiated then the catholic church are beyond redemption.
    I rarely let these allegations bother me but I'm close to kicking off big time.
    I need to go relax before I come back on this.

Advertisement