Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand National 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Was on Planet of Sound. Jumped fantastically but just didn't make the trip. 4 miles 4 was just too long for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

jondon wrote: »
    who came 5th
    In Compliance?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Two dead including Synchonised one being treated

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Katie gave a great ride to seabass, gutted for johnjo

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Got Neptune Collonges in the work sweepstake, but to be honest I wouldnt have put my money on him winning myself. Had a fiver e/w on Seabass @ 20/1, anyone able to tell me what kind of return should I expect from the e/w anyways as he came in 3rd?

On a nicer note, I heard that my 2 year old nephew had the winner back home, but that was more so because he was a grey horse and his favorite colour is yellow... some people have all the luck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭kksaints

mike65 wrote: »

Damn:(. Any Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Oh God, are you serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Really?

If so it will cause problems as Synchronised looked like he didn't want to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So sad. Hate to think it but wonder if Synchoniseds jolt in the warm up had any bearing.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Jesus just seen According to Pete's fall there, horrible, broke his leg and ran off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

According to pete had to be put down aswell

@Racingpost Sadly, Gold Cup hero Synchronised and According To Pete are reported fatalities in the Grand National

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Funk It wrote: »
    Got Neptune Collonges in the work sweepstake, but to be honest I wouldnt have put my money on him winning myself. Had a fiver e/w on Seabass @ 20/1, anyone able to tell me what kind of return should I expect from the e/w anyways as he came in 3rd?

On a nicer note, I heard that my 2 year old nephew had the winner back home, but that was more so because he was a grey horse and his favorite colour is yellow... some people have all the luck...

€15 profit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

It was crazy running Syncronised in the race imo.

According to Pete put down aswell.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Oh Jesus that's so sad are you certain?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,013 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

RIP Synchronised and According to Pete. Feel so sorry to lose a horse with such class and another with a great owner story.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mickmcl09

Rare bob and Chicago bay down at fence 5, where the curtains were up 2nd time round. Just looked at a replay on Sky+. Both got up after unseating riders, so I'm not sure which one.
    Synchronised comes down at no. 6.

McClernon never hit Sunnyhillboy on the run in, prob cost him the race.

Watch the head on, Katie Walsh and Jacob lashing away while poor ol McClernon is tapping the horse down the shoulder.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

F*ck that's awful news.....

Couldn't believe it when they said Syn was put down.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Terrible to see to see any horse being put down but especially bad when its a gold cup winner ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Synchronised and According to Pete put down unfortunatley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

It was madness to run Synchronized in that race in the first place anyway, in my opinion. Very sad news. The race is utter carnage really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

It's always a sad day when there are casualties like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Huntley

I'm sure Jonjo is having nightmares about this race. Almost identical circumstances with Alverton over 30 years ago. Horrific stuff.

The 3rd injured horse is Weird Al - still to hear what's happening there.

Neptunes Collonges is the first Grey to win since 1961. He's 11 years old, and is now retired. says the owner.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

wonder did jonjo know synchronised was put down, didn't look like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Bye bye to the National on the BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Slattsy wrote: »

Watch the head on, Katie Walsh and Jacob lashing away while poor ol McClernon is tapping the horse down the shoulder.

Saw the replay from above, he hit him twice on the run in. No question about him having stopped riding, he rode to the finish

@Racing_Post: "Noel Fehily taken to hospital with suspected broken leg after being unseated from State Of Play at the fifth fence"

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Slattsy wrote: »

Saw the replay from above, he hit him twice on the run in. No question about him having stopped riding, he rode to the finish

Twice in a 2 furlong run in?? Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

efb wrote: »
    Bye bye to the National on the BBC

To be honest, I wouldn't miss the National too much if it was gone for good.

Advertisement