Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I love this thread! I've found pregnancy to be so alienating, that this thread and everyone on it have been a sanity saver.

My bump is massive - this is taken last weekend, when i was 26 weeks. I am so glad that someone else understands the issues with the inevitable weight gain - I feel like a hippo, completely without sex appeal, especially when I can't even think about getting rid of it for months yet. Hubby seems to think that I am some sort of goddess creature at the moment, which is really sweet, but if I am not feeling it myself, it's hard to believe that soemone else can, you know? I am worried that he will take one look at me in the airport tomorrow and run away screaming!

And the stretchmarks - oh, how I hate them! I was just about getting used to the tiger stripes on my belly, and then yesterday, I discovered two giant ones under my bump - i can only see them in the mirror, but it looks exactly like someone squashed a load of blackberries, and used the juice to make a big, messy thumbprint on either side. They are a really dark purple, and really wide.

I know that it will be worth it in the end, and that the marks will fade, and I should wear them as a badge of honour - but with this many badges of honour, you'll have to start calling me General Kash!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ah Kash you are so cute! Love the shirt. Your husband will probably be bowled over by how much your bump's grown - he's been gone a few weeks right?

I got jammies in Penneys the other day, 3 euro for the trousers, 5 for the t-shirt. My other PJ's are a 12 & the waist band just cuts into me too much. These new ones are 14/16. They are the comfiest thing I have ever worn, I wish I was one of those girls with the balls (cheek/lack of pride) to wear jammies outside! I just want to go to bed now so I can wear them.

Comfort is a big thing for me now. Had to take two Panadol today for my back, pulled it this morning and I'm sat here in work in bits. If it's worse towards end of day I think I'll take tomorrow off as otherwise I won't recover and it will get worse & worse for days.
    First time I've taken painkillers since preggers, not too pleased about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink wrote: »

Comfort is a big thing for me now. Had to take two Panadol today for my back, pulled it this morning and I'm sat here in work in bits. If it's worse towards end of day I think I'll take tomorrow off as otherwise I won't recover and it will get worse & worse for days.
    First time I've taken painkillers since preggers, not too pleased about that.

you have done well not to have taken any painkillers so far.
    i have had to take paracetemol about 6 times with migraines so far. but havent had a headache in ages thank god.
    You should definatley take tomorrow off if you are in pain, hell, you should go home early today. As i always say here, nobody will thank you for being at work when you are in pain or not feeling well. We have to mind ourselves!!

Kash, Love your bump, i think we have roughly the same size bumps!

Remember my friend that miscarried about 2 months ago? Well she's 5 weeks pregnant again, delighted for her, and i feel more relaxed calling to her with my bump now, even though she would totally not be the type to be sensitive about it, but you know, you dont want someone to think you are flaunting it in their face..

I am loving this thread too! Everyone has been such a great help to eachother, and always on hand with advice..

Love you girls!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Girls, took all my baby stuff I had stored in my closet and put them in zoe's room ..

Who would've thought such a small packet came with so much stuff, and this is only a quarter of it probably!!

Anyways, before and after!!

javagal wrote: »
    Girls, took all my baby stuff I had stored in my closet and put them in zoe's room ..

Who would've thought such a small packet came with so much stuff, and this is only a quarter of it probably!!

oh my.
    i really need to get a move on.

lovely furniture!

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »
    oh my.
    i really need to get a move on.

lovely furniture!

Thanks!!

Got the Quinny back from my Mam's house yesterday cause she wouldn't let me have it in the house :rolleyes: . Babysat my baby newphew Ollie and he had its maiden voyage around my estate.. It's awesome to push!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Kash wrote: »
    I love this thread! I've found pregnancy to be so alienating, that this thread and everyone on it have been a sanity saver.

I feel the same Kash, it also means time hasnt gone as slowly as it did on my other pregnancies as i can always come on here anytime if I want... I accually think I may be coming addicted to talking with you girls:):)
    So thanks to you all for that!!!

All the bumps lokk great... ill try put pic up if I can work it out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Hi ladies,

Yep, this forum is a lifesaver. Went to OH's family last weekend & nobody mentioned the baby -not even once! So needless to say it's nice to be able to find out all I need to know on here!

Kash - I'm sure you're mad to see your OH after all this time!

Java - I know how you feel about feeling fat & being broke (student life ain't fun!). I got some stretchy tops in Penneys for around 3 or 4 euro in bigger sizes just to wear around the house - won't do the whole pregnancy but are doing the job for now. And your nursery looks fab so look at the positives - you have a lovely room for baby when lots of us couldn't dream of buying such lovely stuff so enjoy it & stick it out for the next few weeks feeling frumpy. Better to have lovely expensive furniture that will last rather than spending money on new clothes you'll wear for the next 12 weeks. Sounds like we're all feeling the same way. Chin up ;)

mamaheidi wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

Yep, this forum is a lifesaver. Went to OH's family last weekend & nobody mentioned the baby -not even once! So needless to say it's nice to be able to find out all I need to know on here!

Kash - I'm sure you're mad to see your OH after all this time!

Java - I know how you feel about feeling fat & being broke (student life ain't fun!). I got some stretchy tops in Penneys for around 3 or 4 euro in bigger sizes just to wear around the house - won't do the whole pregnancy but are doing the job for now. And your nursery looks fab so look at the positives - you have a lovely room for baby when lots of us couldn't dream of buying such lovely stuff so enjoy it & stick it out for the next few weeks feeling frumpy. Better to have lovely expensive furniture that will last rather than spending money on new clothes you'll wear for the next 12 weeks. Sounds like we're all feeling the same way. Chin up ;)

Thanks heidi !! XX

I feel much better now after a lil whinge, my hormones very rarely get me too bad but today was taking the p!ss!!

Bought a new pair of maternity skinny jeans for going back to college on monday, Only 3 weeks left and then I don't have to worry about what I'm wearing cause I'll have my head in books!

Thinking of getting one or two maxi dresses, hides all, marvellous inventions

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh wow JG that looks gorgeous!!! OH is being quite strict on babys furniture....so I think the cot will be the only thing I'm allowed pick!!! But then again I don't mind as he is buying it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Stone broke here too,it's defo no fun and I really can't seem to enjoy this pregnancy or look forward to my little lady's arrival at all,but sure I'll soldier on.
    Java I love that wardrobe it's gorgeous!!
    Still awaiting the results of the sample I sent hospital so when I get that back I'll hopefully get some antibiotics (or painkillers) and get myself sorted!!

Kash wrote: »

My bump is massive - this is taken last weekend, when i was 26 weeks. I am so glad that someone else understands the issues with the inevitable weight gain - I feel like a hippo, completely without sex appeal, especially when I can't even think about getting rid of it for months yet. Hubby seems to think that I am some sort of goddess creature at the moment, which is really sweet, but if I am not feeling it myself, it's hard to believe that soemone else can, you know? I am worried that he will take one look at me in the airport tomorrow and run away screaming!

And the stretchmarks - oh, how I hate them! I was just about getting used to the tiger stripes on my belly, and then yesterday, I discovered two giant ones under my bump - i can only see them in the mirror, but it looks exactly like someone squashed a load of blackberries, and used the juice to make a big, messy thumbprint on either side. They are a really dark purple, and really wide.

I know that it will be worth it in the end, and that the marks will fade, and I should wear them as a badge of honour - but with this many badges of honour, you'll have to start calling me General Kash!

Kash, you look great!!
    So weird to put a face to a name!!!
    You defo have that pregnancy glow going on..

Anyone else fancy their faces to their names??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »

OMG...that makes it all look a lot more real!!!!! :eek:
    We're pretty much sorted for the first few weeks now...just have to order mattress for the moses basket, but that will have to wait till pay day!

Only for people's generosity, we wouldn't be half as organised. Like I was saying the other day, my brother gave us loads of big stuff which had just been in storage, even have the next stage car seat now!
    Oh, OH's mother totally took us by surprise and was ok that they might not be buying us the cot. He still has to get a couple of the parts from his ex's house, so we told them when we know what he has we'll let them know what we want them to buy for us. And she was grand!
    Stone broke here too,it's defo no fun and I really can't seem to enjoy this pregnancy or look forward to my little lady's arrival at all,but sure I'll soldier on.
    Java I love that wardrobe it's gorgeous!!
    Still awaiting the results of the sample I sent hospital so when I get that back I'll hopefully get some antibiotics (or painkillers) and get myself sorted!!

Tinkerbell, I'm still waiting on a call back from the hospital about a sample that they sent to the lab back in Jan!
    Drop one into your GP's office, they'll send it to their lab and you'll have the results in a couple of days. That's what I had to do the last time. I think I had two samples back from the lab and the hospital hadn't been in contact with me or sent the results to my GP like they said they would.
    By the sounds of it you're in a pretty bad way so the sooner you start the antibiotics the better for you and baby.

I was just trying to have a very serious conversation with my boss about a serious work matter and the baby kept kicking, really hard! I swear he/she was trying to distract me.

kildareash wrote: »

I was just trying to have a very serious conversation with my boss about a serious work matter and the baby kept kicking, really hard! I swear he/she was trying to distract me.

my baby is the same since lunch, going mad in there, i can see my belly jumping about with every movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Lovely nursery java!!
    Hope you get sorted soon tink... no fun waiting when your in pain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Kildareash it was my gp I was with and she told me to bring it to the lab myself :(

Gorgeous nursery java! God I have nothing ready!

Well I'm taking tomorrow off, back is just in shreds and I need to rest it, only way it will get better. Thankfully they were ok about it in work. Stayed a bit late to tidy up stuff and I'll go in early mon. I'm already back logged as there's so few of us in there now and we're covering for others on hols. It's a bit of a nightmare actually.

I'm starving, all I want is a big dirty kebab and chips, I've hardly eaten today so hunger is really at me now!

Kildareash it was my gp I was with and she told me to bring it to the lab myself :(

Bring it to the lab yourself? Never heard of that before, that's a bit fresh isn't it? Feel better!

Mink wrote: »

I'm starving, all I want is a big dirty kebab and chips, I've hardly eaten today so hunger is really at me now!
    Thanks!!!! Now that's all I want now too!!

And I've already had an apple, a bowl of pasta and a packet of crisps. Still hungry though.

I really want something bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Hey, can someone tell me how I can thank someone when they respond to my post, it shows up underneath some peoples posts?

I rang a local creche today just to see how prices are for childcare and they charge 1,113 a month! I'm in the wrong job!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Robinc wrote: »
    Hey, can someone tell me how I can thank someone when they respond to my post, it shows up underneath some peoples posts!

You need a minimum of 10 posts before you can thank anyone!! When you have 10 posts then you'll see a little thumbs up icon and you can press that to thank :D

I saw my belly move earlier: kinda freaked me out a little :p

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Thanks! better get posting so!!

I got some movement like that last night, makes it all that more real doesn't it!

I agree with mink, I've never heard of that before either. My gp or the nurse always sends it off.
    Nurse wasn't happy with my sample last Wednesday, she sent it to lab and rang me before lunch on tues with results.

Let your hormonal self go on the lab or your gp's surgery...you might even feel better after it :)

Anything that goes to the lab I always bring myself: bloods included: i think its very dependent on where you are too though :D

Tinkerbell you should have the results though: get onto GP first thing in the morning: if you do have a kidney infection you have to go on something for it.

I hate being pregnant as much as you can possibly imagine, while still being delighted that I am: conflicting! And am also totally broke mostly due to the fact I've been out sick since last November. Like honestly who goes sick at 5 weeks pregnant :rolleyes:

Java your nursery is fabulous: and my god you have some amount of stuff got :)

girls got a deadly cot set in penneys for 25euro, is a bumper and quilt and fits my cot bed perfectly , i got a cream and brown one but they had pink and blue too. cheapest I've seen them is like fifty euro.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I got that too java, it's lovely and Dunnes have some alphabet wall stickers in their kids section too!
    This was my bump at 24 weeks, so a week and a half ago!

Dunnes have a lovely cot set too called Ellie and raff. It's soooo cute and there's load of matching items in the same range on amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

A girl disappears for a day & haven't ye been busy posting :D
    All bumps are looking great...I think mine is shrinking but the baby is lying side to side at the moment which might have something to do with it! In the last two days two people have told me that I'm very neat & they wouldn't have noticed. I guess it's a compliment but I look at myself & think so you just think I look fat then :D

Kash enjoy getting your husband back :)

Tinkerbell we bring our own bloods from docs to the lab (I've taken a little old ladies for her once also), its the nurse rather than doc & I do think she has some cheek but it's only across the road now & at least I know they have got there :)

Javagal you are super organised! Kinda scares me how unorganised we are at the moment :)

In other news....I am growing a giant :eek: Had a scan yesterday (which was lovely) & when a man who looks at baby scans everyday goes "Oh that's a long leg!" you know you are in trouble :D Her (over 90% sure on that now) femur is two weeks ahead of schedule so she is going to be tall! He put her measurements on a little chart thing with small, average & big & her legs are above the big line :eek:
    Although they don't yet predict weight officially, if she was to stay on average (she's always been about a week ahead) she will be at least an 8lb baby but I got the impression with her long legs he is expecting her to be (a good bit) more than that & she might have to come out the window as I'm just 5' 4" ish!
    To be honest, I don't mind if that's how it needs to be as I just want to get her here safely :)

Ginny you look great!!

I must try take a pic later when I don't look so scary seen as I am leaving house today!!!

Twomums my mum is a tiny 4foot11 i was the smallest at 7"8, and my two brothers were 8'6 and 9'9... Your body adapts to your baby :) and except for me she had no epidural the mad thing!!!

I think I may have totally blown this stupid gtt test out of proportion all together in my own head: I had nightmares about lucozade last night: nightmares. How ridiculous am I??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Ginny your really neat and your bumps a lovely shape!

Advertisement