Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Also I was a a size 12-14 before I got pregnant: I'm taking a size 10 in maternity jeans and 8 in tops. And at that the jeans sag on my arse and knees no matter what so god knows what size I'll be afterwards :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

kildareash wrote: »
    Kash wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the sizes of our babies - will the biggest bump mean the biggest baby? Everyone tells me that the bump size is no indication of baby size. I am terrified that I will have a baby similar to my brother, who was 13 lbs when born, and into 3-6 month clothes immediately. My no epi plan could go swiftly out the window :)

13lbs????? Oh my god!
    Every baby we know that's been born recently, OH keeps going we have to beat that weight...not unless your going to push it out love! 7-8lbs would do nicely, thank you very nicely!

Kash not necessarily re bump size. My mam was huge with my brother (her first) to the point that they scanned her to check for twins (before scanning was standard) & he was a neat 7lb baby!
    If mine is 13lbs it can come out via the window :eek:

Kildareash that's so funny re your other half :) I'm sure he wouldn't be saying that if the baby was inside him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Two Mums, a 7lb baby would be lovely :)

My Mum was warned not to have any more babies, and the doctor took him immediately, and went off around the hospital showing off 'the biggest baby he ever delivered'. She was too weak to hold him anyway. She never got to hold either of us after our birth, as I was so premature that I was rushed to an incubator. I was just under 6 lbs, but at 2 months premature, even that seems pretty big.

I wonder now if my Mum had gestational diabetes?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

It sounds very much like she might have done Kash!

One of the few one borns that I watched had a 13+ baby & I swear you would never have believed he was a newborn!

Not surprised your brother was carted around hospital back then...I was born in the middle of the hospital Xmas party which was on site back then so that working staff could attend! Needless to say my midwife was probably pretty tipsy, they certainly weren't paying that much attention to the women in labour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

theg81der- u look great... everyones different i wouldnt be worried I know a few people who wer neat like u and the weight dropped off after... Also ur having a boy(is that right? baby brain could b affecting me)which people say you do be neater on(not sure if true though!!)and its your first so stomach muscles arent as stretched.... I was like that on my first boy now Im like a hippo:D:D

Java you look great to.... my bump is like urs maybe even a bit bigger and i'm 24+5!!:rolleyes:

Kash- it does sound like ur mam had GD, when i had my first a women in hosp had a baby 13lb 2oz i was shocked but she said it was because she had GD..... baby looked 3 months old compared to all the others!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

My friend had GD and the hospital told her her baby was going to be a big one!! Babs arrived smack bang on date and was 6lbs 9ozs! So it seems everyone is different :)

Gosh 13lbs wow!!! Totally in awe of your mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

My bump at 26 weeks....

arent I HUGE!!!??

edit/ look at the size of my arse!!! oh dear..

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

No your not huge!!!!! How do I post a pic from my iPhone?

i dont think you can, i just took the pic and emailed it to my computer, saved it and uploaded it from there.
    (finally got the internet at work)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

silly wrote: »
    i dont think you can, i just took the pic and emailed it to my computer, saved it and uploaded it from there.
    (finally got the internet at work)
    you look amazing! your so in proportion! lot of hot mamas on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ah silly it's a gorgeous bump.

Here's mine!

javagal wrote: »
    you look amazing! your so in proportion! lot of hot mamas on here!

I'll second that, everyone looks real well!

Mink wrote: »
    Ah silly it's a gorgeous bump.

Here's mine!

aw, you look fab too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink wrote: »
    I'll second that, everyone looks real well!

I'll third that...ye girls look fab!
    Lovely neat bumps. Are ye taking pictures of your bumps at different stages?
    I've only taken one pic and I hated it! We just done it to txt to OH's sister coz I was only beginning to show when she left and we're trying to keep her as involved and up to date as we can.

Have a major clothing dilema...I have a wedding on the May Bank Holiday weekend and I have nothing to wear. Bought a dress from ASOS last week, but don't think its dressed up enough for the wedding, as the venue is fairly fancy. Have another dress, but I wore it out to dinner with the same group of friends. Do you think would they remember? The dinner was maybe back in Feb.
    I really don't have the money to splash out on a dress, especially if I'm not going to wear it again. But I still want to feel comfortable and good about myself on the day.

They won't remember! Wear it again, maybe you could buy some accessories to make it look a bit different!

Trying to remember to take pics as the weeks go on.
    I bought a scrap book/photo album type thing and I want to put things like that in it - including pic of the positive preg test & baby scans etc. Then I can put some pics of them as they grow. We'd like to give it to baby for his 18th or 21st or something. Don't know if a boy would appreciate that but I'll do it anyway and if he's not that interested I'll keep it for myself :D

Kildareash they won't remember the dress. Just accessorise it differently. Don't go out splashing loads of money on a new dress when you have a perfectly good one that fits and you've only worn once. Reaccessorising something can make it feel new (I sound like Gok Wan now). And if one of them notices AND makes a comment, they are a total nosey bitch in my opinion. I never really notice if someone wears the same thing again. And if they do, I could care less.

I'll third that...ye girls look fab!
    Lovely neat bumps. Are ye taking pictures of your bumps at different stages?
    I've only taken one pic and I hated it! We just done it to txt to OH's sister coz I was only beginning to show when she left and we're trying to keep her as involved and up to date as we can.

Have a major clothing dilema...I have a wedding on the May Bank Holiday weekend and I have nothing to wear. Bought a dress from ASOS last week, but don't think its dressed up enough for the wedding, as the venue is fairly fancy. Have another dress, but I wore it out to dinner with the same group of friends. Do you think would they remember? The dinner was maybe back in Feb.
    I really don't have the money to splash out on a dress, especially if I'm not going to wear it again. But I still want to feel comfortable and good about myself on the day.

I would definately wear the same dress again if you feel comfortable in it etc.
    hello like, we have 12/14 weeks left, it would be ridiculus buying something new at this stage unless it was a practical top/jeans. Or you could even jsut buy a maxi dress for €20 in new look. I wore a maxi dress (not maternity) to confirmation a few weeks back and it did the job fine!.

If you are very stuck, i have a long black maternity dress from new look that i never wore, and you are more than welcome to borrow it. it can be blinged up with jewellery and a bright coloured wrap.
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/clothing/maternity-jersey-maxi-dress_245745801

Thanks Silly, that's so generous of you. It's a lovely dress.

I think I might wear the other one, it's green and I think I wore it with black tights and cardi the last night I was out with them. So i could dress it up more summery for the wedding. These formal occassions are the most difficult to dress for. Before I got pregnant, I'd started recycling dresses for different events! But back in the good ol days, I'd buy a new dress for every occassion.

have a daily clothing dilemma myself,

im gonna seem like a moany cow but i hate lookin in the mirror now, the weight i hate put on is really getting me down and oh isnt working and im in college so i can't even afford new clothes.

im so hormonal its unreal, sorry ladies

im gonna seem like a moany cow but i hate lookin in the mirror now, the weight i hate put on is really getting me down and oh isnt working and im in college so i can't even afford new clothes.

Poor Java, even just treat yourself to a new scarf or bag in Penny's. It's a horrible feeling. Other people who haven't been pregnant don't actually realise how you feel putting on weight.
    My friend keeps on telling me, oh but you'll loose it after the baby is born. It's not that, it's the psychological effect of putting on weight, clothes (even maternity wear) getting tighter and knowing there's nothing you can do about it for another few months. It's totally different to putting on weight normally, where you're always telling yourself that will fit me again in a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Poor Java, even just treat yourself to a new scarf or bag in Penny's. It's a horrible feeling. Other people who haven't been pregnant don't actually realise how you feel putting on weight.
    My friend keeps on telling me, oh but you'll loose it after the baby is born. It's not that, it's the psychological effect of putting on weight, clothes (even maternity wear) getting tighter and knowing there's nothing you can do about it for another few months. It's totally different to putting on weight normally, where you're always telling yourself that will fit me again in a few weeks.

bless you ash!that's exactly how i feel and i also feel guilty because its all for zoe and i know it'll be worth it but i hate feeling like a pregnant cow and not sexual in the slightest!

ill go and watch one born and have a good cry and ill be grand then!

bless you ash!that's exactly how i feel and i also feel guilty because its all for zoe and i know it'll be worth it but i hate feeling like a pregnant cow and not sexual in the slightest!

I nearly cried last night when OH told me it wasn't one born was finished, I'm still not convinced he was telling me the truth :rolleyes: I think I'll have to start watching older ones on the Channel 4 player thingy.

Don't feel guilty about how you feel. I think it's completely normal to feel like this about your body changing.

Look what these babies are putting us through already and they don't even know it :)

Yeah I hear ya, though bumps are cute I'm not feeling very sexy at all!

I think One Born is finished, wasn't on last night ***please don't cry:D*** I'm lost without it, enjoyed it a lot.

What gets me down is seeing my boobs stretching and taking the plunge. I can tell now that they are NOT going to be a pretty sight once done with pregnancy and breastfeeding. Even without BFing they're kinda going to be ruined. They've gotten so big and heavy (for my frame) that it's hard to get anything to support them properly. I also don't know what condition my belly will be in. If I was 22 I wouldn't worry about it but now I'm nearly 30 I don't know if I'm as elastic & perky as before :D

All the excercise & diet in the world won't tuck back in loose stretched skin unfortunately. I'm going to invest in corset type things once baby arrives & my body settles down!

New look have 20% off at the moment, so i think i might get a few tops even though, like you Javagal, i am really stoney broke..

cheap like this maybe:
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/clothing/maternity-3-pack-3-4-sleeve-top_244270409

Edit/ just bought 5 tops for £30.00

you ladies are great! like having a big group of pregnant sisters who never tell you to stop moaning!

one thing i Will miss from being pregnant is this thread!

omfg what is with me today !

New look have 20% off at the moment, so i think i might get a few tops even though, like you Javagal, i am really stoney broke..

cheap like this maybe:
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/clothing/maternity-3-pack-3-4-sleeve-top_244270409

I was in a Newlook the other day and really wish I had tried on their jeans to see how they fitted now!!!! I am tempted by one or two or their dresses!!

one born every minute what happens next was one last night, watching it now, very sweet, that opera lady is so amazingly positive

notsobusy wrote: »
    I was in a Newlook the other day and really wish I had tried on their jeans to see how they fitted now!!!! I am tempted by one or two or their dresses!!

i'm normally a size 12/14
    i have 2 jeans, 2 work pants, and 1 linen pants, all size 14 from New Look, they are all comfy and roomy (with the exception of 1 of the work pants...bit tight around the arse)
    I think SPRING20 only works today!!

Size 14 on the top is too big for me, 12 fits perfectly.

cheap like this maybe:

Sweet! I was struggling to find some tops, and that 20% off just made it all the better value. I'm off shopping now :)
    you ladies are great! like having a big group of pregnant sisters who never tell you to stop moaning!

one thing i Will miss from being pregnant is this thread!

omfg what is with me today !

It's great because we're all going through the same stuff, at the same time.
    I don't think I'd be half as sane, if it wasn't for this thread. But I'm sure we'll all make time for the newborn thread, but it might be when we're all back in work when we actually have some time to ourselves :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Penney's have loads of tshirts with the buttons at the moment aswell: so they'll be handy for the first few weeks breast feeding.

Kildareash just reaccesorise: noone will remember. I have two lovely dresses with the tags still on I bought: wish I hadn't bothered now :D

Mink I feel the same about my boobs: my right one is covered in stretch marks and I know you'll be able to see them when I wear a bikini/swimsuit/lowcut top. My left one has no stretchmarks atall. Go figure!

Advertisement