Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    silly wrote: »
    Would ya really!!??

Sure thing- gonna go to the bathroom in college and take one!!!! I should be taking pics of it anyway!!

Someone else do it too!!
    I will do it too!
    But I can't do it right away as I am on the net with my iPhone so can't upload pics to this site. Maybe if I took one and emailed it to someone here ye could put it up for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I can't turn it on my college computer,

but here is my belly!!

I had a very toned stomach before i got pregnant so I think I'm huge!!

Kash wrote: »
    Girls, I need your opinion, because I can't decide if I'm being pregnant lady crazy, or whether I am being reasonably concerned.

Hubby wants to go to a concert with the guys on the 7th of June.
    It's on in Cork, a 2-3 hours drive away. He intends to come home afterwards.

I'll be 35 weeks pregnant at that stage.

I am getting nervous about him going, but i'm not sure if thats just my pregnancy brain. But if this is how I feel now, I'm worried I'll be handcuffing him to the radiator in June!

Any thoughts?

We bought tix to the RHCP in Croke Park, there is a group going.

The concert is on the 26th June and I'm due the 9th July,obviously I'm not going but I told OH to still go, most people go over on baby one and I will have my mam down that night..just in case..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

but here is my belly!!

Looks exactly like my belly bump and I'm 17 1/2 wks preg (the 1/2 is very important).

Cute top by the way :D

but here is my belly!!

Ah, you're very good. I think I am bigger though :( my boobs are massive too.
    I wouldn't have had a very toned stomach before, not since I had my daughter 11 yrs ago, but it was fairly flat. I am heavier than you anyway, so I'd say that's why I have a bigger belly!

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    Looks exactly like my belly bump and I'm 17 1/2 wks preg (the 1/2 is very important).

Cute top by the way :D

it's my very first maternity top!! got it in new look for like 9euro!

I am putting on most the baby weight on my legs and arse, so much so that mammy java said "You must be having a boy with all the new weight in your arse"

Wrongo mammy!

Silly, I'm pretty tall also(about 5ft10) so If ya take it all into consideration, we're probably all in around the same size..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Thanks ladies - I think i'm just being crazy.

I've explained this craziness to hubby, and now he's more concerned than me - he's just found out the up to 1 in 5 babies are born premature, and 70% of those are born in weeks 34-36.

But as you say, as long as he checks his phone, and I can have someone on call, it should be fine. I did tell him that if he misses the birth, I will kill him and live off the insurance money :D

Silly, i've posted my belly as well, I was a good bit bigger than java to begin with, and think I am massive now - with gigantic knockers to boot! I'm just accepting it - i'll deal with the weight after the baby is born.

Please ignore the uber stylish hubby pants, and the menagerie of beasties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kash maybe you can have someone from your family or friends to be with you when he is gone?

I think it will be good for him to relax before baby will come.

Kash!! Cute babies!!

Is that a gsd cross??Gorgeous!!

your belly is not that much bigger than mine though is it?
    your knockers are much gianter tho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Love all the animals crowding around your bump!

Ok I'm freaking out a bit. Something is going down again in work. Either wage cut or 3 day week on the horizon.
    I'm really hoping I won't be let go. They legitimately could as I was rehired less than a year ago. I'd clocked up 5yrs with the company before stupidly jumping ship for 9mths to work for a friend. Big mistake plus lost any redundancy package.

I'm hoping whatever it is we find out tomorrow rather than Friday. I think I'd rather a 3 day week as the thoughts of doing 40hrs for less than what I get now is soul destroying plus I'd save a lot on travel as I have quite a commute. But I'll take anything not to lose the job!

I never would have considered the 3 day thing but I'm so tired and the weekends go so fast, I just never feel rested as so much crap to do on weekends and evenings.

Keep your fingers crossed, don't want to be looking for a job with my big belly and no redundancy to cushion the blow.

• Advertisement

Mink remember as you are pregnant you are protected by law and they can't let you go just like that, so fingers crossed that everything will be fine.

I talked to Citizen Information and they confirmed my findings re my company obligations towards me.

So I feel a little bit better about it but on the other side I'm not sure what to do - ask my gp for longer sick leave or go back to work and deal with my boss.
    Anyway I have a consultant appointment on Thursday in hospital so I hope they will let me know why I still didn't gain even a single pound! :/

Thanks to the pics girls!
    You should be able to see my pic on
    Lucey101.shutterfly.com

Let me know if it works, it's the only way I can put pics on boards from the phone. And I use the net on my phone more than anywhere else.

Lucey101.shutterfly.com

Let me know if it works, it's the only way I can put pics on boards from the phone. And I use the net on my phone more than anywhere else.

Yep, see ya!! Your lovely and compact!

Lucey101.shutterfly.com

Yep, see ya!! Your lovely and compact!
    Aw shucks! Thanks.
    Still feel huge, but feel better seeing yer pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm loving the baby bumps :D

I tried to maternity clothes shop today (because I stupidly washed the one pair of jeans and one tracksuit pants that fit me at the same time Sunday!) and all I bought was 1 stupid top. All there is in Tralee is Mothercare which has a stupid sale and the clothes were stupid sale clothes, Next and Red Herring. I bought a top.. I wouldnt mind but I have two confirmations in the next few weeks might buy from New Look online or something!! Anyone any other ideas for (inexpensive) nice dresses?

Was at doc again today: I'm back down to 5 pounds under my stupid pre pregnancy weight: and come July I bet I won't be able to shift a pound :p That's the stupid vomiting in mornings and at night again: apparently my uterus is still a fine healthy size though so babs is fine :)

I'm not going back to work for another few weeks again: apparently just cuz I'm well enough to drive and feel stir crazy does not mean I'm well enough to work much and all as I (and probably my boss at this stage) might want to go back!!

Kiwi I'm so glad everythings okay: you must have been so worried.

Kash I wouldn't want my husband going either: he didn't go to rugby matches in Limerick when I was sick just in case: he IS going to one Easter Sunday on the condition i decamp to my mothers house for the day: he's more nervous than I am!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi all,
    Loving getting to see all the bumps - you all look great: will try to get a photo of mine up later!

Kiwi - you must have had a horrendous night - so glad everything is ok..

I told my hubby it was ok if he went on a boys golf weekend the second week end of June as i figured it could be a while before he gets some time away with his friends once baby arrives - now am having second thoughts, as i live in dublin and most of family/friends are in Clare or Limerick.... might have to rope someone into coming to stay with me :rolleyes:

mink - hope everything is ok with work, i know it's easier said than done but try not to stress - will keep fingers crossed..

off to make lasagne: talk later x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Girls when I say I`ve no bump I mean -

Kash!! Cute babies!!

Is that a gsd cross??Gorgeous!!

your belly is not that much bigger than mine though is it?
    your knockers are much gianter tho!!

There's a bit of GSD in her, but they're both ladies of mixed heritage. Can't wait to see how they take to the baby, all three sleep in our bedroom currently - need to start changing that habit now I think.
    Mink wrote: »
    Keep your fingers crossed, don't want to be looking for a job with my big belly and no redundancy to cushion the blow.
    Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you Mink - try not to worry in the meantime, hopefully they will tell you tomorrow.
    cyning wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind but I have two confirmations in the next few weeks might buy from New Look online or something!! Anyone any other ideas for (inexpensive) nice dresses?

I bought from newlook online today, they had some lovely cute dresses for under 30 euro. I was pretty happy.
    theg81der wrote: »

Jeez - you do have no bump!! There was a girl like you at my antenatal class too, pregnanacy comes in all shapes and sizes :)

Jeez - you do have no bump!! There was a girl like you at my antenatal class too, pregnanacy comes in all shapes and sizes :)

Nice to hear there is someone else in your class, I worry like maybe its all a mistake sometimes and there going to tell me I`m just a little fat!

Nice to hear there is someone else in your class, I worry like maybe its all a mistake sometimes and there going to tell me I`m just a little fat!
    Your tiny!lol! But you dont just look fat its just a lil bump!
    How many weeks are you?mine really. Popped in the past two weeks.

• Advertisement

cyning wrote: »
    I'm loving the baby bumps :D

I tried to maternity clothes shop today (because I stupidly washed the one pair of jeans and one tracksuit pants that fit me at the same time Sunday!) and all I bought was 1 stupid top. All there is in Tralee is Mothercare which has a stupid sale and the clothes were stupid sale clothes, Next and Red Herring. I bought a top.. I wouldnt mind but I have two confirmations in the next few weeks might buy from New Look online or something!! Anyone any other ideas for (inexpensive) nice dresses?

Was at doc again today: I'm back down to 5 pounds under my stupid pre pregnancy weight: and come July I bet I won't be able to shift a pound :p That's the stupid vomiting in mornings and at night again: apparently my uterus is still a fine healthy size though so babs is fine :)

I'm not going back to work for another few weeks again: apparently just cuz I'm well enough to drive and feel stir crazy does not mean I'm well enough to work much and all as I (and probably my boss at this stage) might want to go back!!

Kiwi I'm so glad everythings okay: you must have been so worried.

Kash I wouldn't want my husband going either: he didn't go to rugby matches in Limerick when I was sick just in case: he IS going to one Easter Sunday on the condition i decamp to my mothers house for the day: he's more nervous than I am!!
    Asos have some lovely dresses on sale. There.s a red long sleeved chiffon dress i.m gonna get for all the confirmation here and its only 24 pounds

17 weeks I`m paddy last! O Java got the course just heard today starting Friday.... now I just have to tell them I`m pregnant.

17 weeks I`m paddy last! O Java got the course just heard today starting Friday.... now I just have to tell them I`m pregnant.
    Woo hoo awesome congrats! Pregnant programming ftw !

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I was teeny up until about 10 days ago and i just ballooned in one weekend! Im 21 weeks :-) will post a pic when i get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

There is no doctor that will laugh at you so don't worry about that!
    I went to the dr at 5 weeks.
    She took bloods ( as it was morning)
    Took my blood pressure etc.
    Told me to take folic acid - which I already was. Baby's spine begins to form at 5 weeks so it's vital to take the folic acid to avoid cystic fibrosis.
    A baby at even 5 weeks old is still a a very important person, and it's the right time to go to the dr.

Don't knw has this been said already but taking folic and won't stop cystic fibrosis as its genetic! And has nothing to do with spine!

Jaysus!!
    But sure look, if doc says its fine!

notsobusy wrote: »
    I was teeny up until about 10 days ago and i just ballooned in one weekend! Im 21 weeks :-) will post a pic when i get a chance.
    I was the same, I ballooned last weekend. I'm 19 weeks today!

Is anyone else still getting cramps?

I woke up with them today, low down in my abdomen - not nasty ones, just mild but insistent ones. They have me a little worried, but it could just be round ligament pain.

Kash I still feel kind of pain on the lower left side of my belly (especially when I'm sitting longer then an hour)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Loving the baby bump pics...can't wait for my boss to leave the room so I can look at them!

@theg81der, I wouldn't worry about not having a bump...I just looked fat up until last week and then someone told me yesterday my waist looks like I've lost weight because bump is starting to show more.

@Kash: I don't think I would have a problem with boyf going away at 35 weeks, but hard to know how I would feel unless your in that situation. Also probably depends on the hormone imbalance that day! But he's banned from drinking (not that he really does anyone) from July 1...as that one two weeks to D-Day!
    I have the opposite problem, in that I want to go to a football match in mid-June. At first he was reluctant because I get quiet stressed and animated, but he said if I still want to go at the time he will let me as long as I'm with my sister and or mother. Which is grand, as we usually all go together.
    He agreed that it would probably be less stressful on me to actually be at the game, rather than watching on TV. And it will probably be the only big game I go to all summer, so he has to compromise somewhere!

Have antenatal appt with GP today, but apparently I'll only be seeing the nurse. Anyone else's clinic like this? Receptionist said its what they do. Looking forward to hearning baby's heartbeat, as we haven't actually heard it yet. Does anyone else bring the OH's to the appts? Mine wants to come, as he doesn't want to miss out on anything.

Advertisement