Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

silly wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »
    I think I'm up about a stone lol!!

But I'm reigning in my diet now so hope not to go too overboard

Knacked after putting on that decal piece by piece, pic attached if anyone wants to see..

Ladies, Should I be taking iron?? I'm on pregnacar atm
    Thats fab! Must get something like that. Our nursery is very big and I'm worried about it looking very bare, so hopefully something like that will make it look nice. Was it easy to put on? Are they stickers?
    yeah they are stickers silly! once you cut it all out its just transfer straight onto wall. there is some amazing ones on etsy.com. there is some big ones that would be great to take up wall space in a bigger room !

woke up 2 hours late for college would hugely swollen glands and sore ears. day in bed well needed!
    Cut it all out??? Aw man!
    Swollen glands, ouchies! Used to get it alot when I was younger...feel your pain.
    Stay in bed!
    i did lol!when i say i woke up 2 hours late. i didn't get up! just stayed in bed till now!
    went to my mam.s house yesterday who kept insisting i haven't got a bump yet. well yesterday she didn't take her hands off it!she's so excited for her first grandchild that she thinks ringing me at one am to see if i can feel the baby moving is acceptable!hope she's so enthusiastic when i need a baby sitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Knacked after putting on that decal piece by piece, pic attached if anyone wants to see..

Java, I LOVE it. I love it so much, I want one like it.
    I must go have a look on etsy - I love so much stuff on it :)

Ladies, I got two free iron supplements in my eumom gift box, that I picked up in supervalu. You get a leaflet inside that blue plastic envelope they gave you in the hospital. I was really impressed with the box of stuff actually... if you haven't picked yours up yet, I recommend it!

Kash wrote: »

Java, I LOVE it. I love it so much, I want one like it.
    I must go have a look on etsy - I love so much stuff on it :)

Ladies, I got two free iron supplements in my eumom gift box, that I picked up in supervalu. You get a leaflet inside that blue plastic envelope they gave you in the hospital. I was really impressed with the box of stuff actually... if you haven't picked yours up yet, I recommend it!
    thanks kash!x
    where do you get them boxes? i dont wanna look like a div asking and the shop not knowing what im on about

Did you get a big blue and white plastic envelope with booklets and things in it during your first hospital appointment? It has eumom.ie written on it.

Inside is a small booklet from eumom, and inside the front cover is a voucher/coupon/form thingy that you can hand it to any supervalu listed (seems like all of them to me)

Then you just fill in the form and give it to the cashier.
    The cashier knew what it was straight away and the shop had loads of banners up promoting it.

Then they give you a pink box which is chocablock with free samples - everything from sudacream to dettol anti-bac wipes, a bag to chuck it all in, a teething toy from bonjella, and even a height chart which made me almost die from the cuteness :)

I was over the moon with it anyway !

Did you get a big blue and white plastic envelope with booklets and things in it during your first hospital appointment? It has eumom.ie written on it.

Inside is a small booklet from eumom, and inside the front cover is a voucher/coupon/form thingy that you can hand it to any supervalu listed (seems like all of them to me)

The cashier knew what it was straight away and the shop had loads of banners up promoting it.

Then they give you a pink box which is chocablock with free samples - everything from sudacream to dettol anti-bac wipes, a bag to chuck it all in, a teething toy from bonjella, and even a height chart which made me almost die from the cuteness :)

brilliant ill search that out today. im sure oh 'cleaned' it anyway somewhere!

any ladies going to portlaoise hear anything about the ante natal classes? ill be going to the Saturday ones when i find out the exact date if anyone wants to tag along they are more than welcome to park at my house and go together as parking up there is a nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

If you've lost the little form that came in the pack, I think there is one you can print off the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Have been meaning to go in and get it with ages!! Like Supervalu is literally around the corner from where I work.
    If you didn't get the first blue envelope in the hospital you can go into the eumom website and download the form there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Hi All,

javagal - the decal looks fab - love it, will def check out etsy when i start decorating - have to find a house first though ;)

Mink -was giggling reading your post, also went to cinema last night, wanted to see war horse but figured seeing a tearjerker in my emotionally fragile state should prob be done in privacy of own home... went to see Girl with the dragon tattoo instead- def no tears there!

can't remember who posted on the 'energy boost' of the second trimester.... think it's a myth, along with the glossy hair and glowing skin... am still wrecked with spotty skin and frizzy hair :(

Am 17 weeks now and still no flutters - have been getting a weird tickly/itchy feeling just under my belly button for the last few days - not sure if it's baby??? my hubby told me he had his hand on my tummy while I was asleep last night and he felt the baby move - he was so so excited - bless him - didn't have the heart to tell him it was prob just indigestion.....

Tinkerbell - hope your little ones are feeling better...

hope every one is doing well?
    Take care,
    T x

Thank god I found this, cos I thought I was huge! Sienna miller due in July. I think I may be a little bigger than her, but that's probably because I wasn't like a size 8 before getting pregnant, more like a 12 sometimes 14.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2101324/Sienna-Miller-shows-pregnancy-shape-flowing-black-gown.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I just went to the shop to buy something for dinner: instead I got minty kit kats, time outs, 2 cream donuts and an eclair, burger bites, diet coke (and yes I know it is awful for me but it is my one real true vice!), 32 cheese strings, microwave popcorn and freddo bars :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind but I haven't kept anything down since last night so its not like I can eat it anyway!!

I've got to say my hair has never looked better, my skin has improved dramatically, and my nails are growing like theres no tomorrow! But I'm exhausted and pale so that "energy boost" not happening for me either!!

cyning wrote: »
    my nails are growing like theres no tomorrow!
    mine too!!
    Mine are normally very weak but I have to file them down every few days as I can't use the touch screen on my phone when they get long!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

My nails are as they were before (but I always had ok nails). My hair is growing so fast, that's crazy.

Cyning try eating anything. Few weeks ago I had 3 days when I wasn't able to even keep water, and I was craving for something sweet. I had 1 time out and that was the only thing that stayed in my stomach

I spend whole day sleeping today, I wake up with headache and I barley could move my head. I had breakfast and antibiotics and straight back to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Thank god I found this, cos I thought I was huge! Sienna miller due in July. I think I may be a little bigger than her, but that's probably because I wasn't like a size 8 before getting pregnant, more like a 12 sometimes 14.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2101324/Sienna-Miller-shows-pregnancy-shape-flowing-black-gown.html

I have to say, she looks very cute. I'd be about the same size as her but in much larger proportions :D Def my bump is sticking out like that more or less.

id be similar to that bump too but my rear sticks out just as much!
    Buddha belly and bum!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Yep, I've definitely got a bump like that too and it scares me! I'm stumpy as it is & I dread what I'll look like by June / July :o Up a stone already - 10stone and am a stubby 5ft 2ish... definitely gonna be a waddler.

I feel like I waddle too when I stand up to walk. I just ran a bit to catch the train and now I'm seeing stars. Need to chill out!

uh oh baby java is a night owl! had my hand on my stomach and boom !proper kick right in the hand !its so lovely!
    hope you all feel loads of movement soon x

I didn't feel baby moving yet (or if I did I didn't recognized it yet).

Ladies if you like funny books re pregnancy try Belly Laughs by J. McCartney or Blogs from the Belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

uh oh baby java is a night owl! had my hand on my stomach and boom !proper kick right in the hand !its so lovely!
    hope you all feel loads of movement soon x

Mine too Java! Night time comes and it's doing cartwheels!!!

I brought my mum with me to the hospital on Tuesday as I thought I was having a scan. The Dr asked me when I went in to her had they scheduled a scan for me. I looked at her like she had 5 heads. I was thinking "You're the hospital not me, surely you should be telling me"!!!! She was very concerned when I said no and that I should be having a scan as I'm on enti epileptic drugs. And I should have had blood tests to check for my protein levels for spina bifida......

I told her I had those tests done elsewhere and gave her the letter with the results. She was very happy with them but then her and the midwife started raving on about the hospital being useless and all these tests should be routine.....my mum joined in aswell. I was just like ah get me outta here!!!

So she is arranging for me to have a scan as soon as possible. I did mention that I was going up North to have the fetal anomaly scan anyway. My mum was very disappointed that she didn't get to see the scan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

notsobusy wrote: »
    Mine too Java! Night time comes and it's doing cartwheels!!!

I brought my mum with me to the hospital on Tuesday as I thought I was having a scan. The Dr asked me when I went in to her had they scheduled a scan for me. I looked at her like she had 5 heads. I was thinking "You're the hospital not me, surely you should be telling me"!!!! She was very concerned when I said no and that I should be having a scan as I'm on enti epileptic drugs. And I should have had blood tests to check for my protein levels for spina bifida......

I told her I had those tests done elsewhere and gave her the letter with the results. She was very happy with them but then her and the midwife started raving on about the hospital being useless and all these tests should be routine.....my mum joined in aswell. I was just like ah get me outta here!!!

So she is arranging for me to have a scan as soon as possible. I did mention that I was going up North to have the fetal anomaly scan anyway. My mum was very disappointed that she didn't get to see the scan.

The hospitals are so frustrating, and I think it's only going to get worse at the end of the month.
    What's the point of them opening a file for you, if they expect you to know what they or possibly another doc was thinking a few weeks ago!

Is anyone doing any yoga or pilates? I used to go walking every night, but got out of the habit before Christmas when I didn't have the energy.
    Thinking of taking up pregnancy yoga now.

I want to do that too, but i have no classes nearby.

I'm an ex yoga-bunny, so think I should be able to do it in the comfort of my own home if i can find a good dvd.

I promised myself i would start that and listening to my hypnobirthing cds by week 20. Which is what, next week? So I'd better get off my sciatica plagued ass and find a dvd :)

I am STARVING today. It's only half ten, and I've already eaten an entire Dr Otker pizza all on my own. Hopefully that will stop the belly grumbling for a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yum pizza!!!

I'm going to start pregnancy yoga classes Saturday after this (meeting the independent midwife this Sat to interview her).

They're on a Sat late morning and 12 euro each time. There was no way I could commit to doing a whole 6 or 9 week course, so I'll just go when I can.

I am STARVING today. It's only half ten, and I've already eaten an entire Dr Otker pizza all on my own. Hopefully that will stop the belly grumbling for a long time!
    Pizza in the morning!!! Sounds lovely!

I just had Cheerios at 8.30 and I'm starving, I have an apple and a banana, but I think a scone at 11.30 will suit me down to the ground!

I'd love to do yoga/Pilates, but working full time with a child already at home, I just don't have the time!! Hubby works until 9/10/11 most nights.

Went to see the woman in black last night, it was so not scary.. Dissapointing! Met my nrighbour and wife and they are due in July also!! Crazy! Apart from you guys I know, 5/6 due in July ( not including sienna miller!) and about 3 for aug.

I'm waiting for about €110 worth of maternity clothes to arrive in the post. I've bought 3 maternity tops, 2 dresses ( have wedding, confirmation and 2 communions coming up) and a bump band thingy. A girl I know used to wear her normal jeans while pregnant, leave the top button open and put the bump band thing over it. Ordered from Asos and Naoimi.com

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Minxy Moo

Hi girls,

Hope your all keeping well :). When I was in Aus I picked up a Belly Belt pack, so I can keep wearing my normal jeans. They come in three different sizes and act like an extension for the waistline. I'm finding them to be really good :). Kinda hard to explain so here's a link to an Irish based website that sells them.

http://www.littleangels.ie/maternity-/15-belly-belt-combo-kit.html

Same idea as the belly band I guess :).

I hope you're not waiting as long as I am!!

I ordered 160 euros worth of maternity stuff from mothercare online on the 17th of January - and I still have nothing!!!!

Their international delivery FAQ says 7 working days, but in the small print, it says it can take 30 days if it is sent by airmail. I chose standard delivery, not airmail, and they charged me 16 euro for the privelage. But, it's gone by airmail, and I have nothing to show for it. Their customer service never, ever answer an email, and their phone staff (although very nice) are completely unable to help.

I was basically told to call them back after the 30 days are up so that they can look into a refund. And despite it saying on the website that I can get a tracking number - they don't have one.

The annoying thing was, I ordered it all a good 2 weeks before I had to go on a work trip, and was relying on them for that. Instead, I was dossing around in badly fitting clothes that made me both self conscious and uncomfortable. Cue a minor hissy fit on the phone with the last girl i spoke to demanding to know why they would upset a pregnant lady!! :o

tl:dr If you're using mothercare, shop in store!

Mink where are your classes?
    I hope I will get green light from my doc finally to do something else then walks and bed ;-)
    Kash mmm pizza.
    I wake up today with completely blocked nose! I had that.

One of my friends asked me for baby shower – she is willing to do it for me. Are you planning to have baby shower as well?

My classes will be in Maynooth. If you're doing them make sure they are classes specifically for pregnant women.

If you've been put on bed rest by your doc or are generally getting over an illness, I wouldn't start doing an excercise routine. Clear it with your doc but I'm sure they'll be fine with it. Preg yoga is highly recommended in the Rotunda and they have classes in there too.

I don't know of anyone doing baby showers over here. It's a very American thing to do which hasn't seemed to travel over here. I can gather what's supposed to happen at them from watching 16 & Pregnant. They are really about helping out the new parents by everyone bringing them things they need for the new baby. If someone wanted to throw one for me I'd be happy about it but I don't think it would cross the minds of anyone I know.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mink,

I was doing baby shower for my friend 2 years ago (she is single mum and we wanted to cheer her up a little bit). It was great crack :)
    I was surprised that one of our mutual friends asked me can she arrange this for me.
    I'm happy and I hope it will be great fun :)

I'm going to hospital for meeting with consultant next week - I hope they will clear me for some exercises :)

Advertisement