Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

WWC1 wrote: »
    No sweep + no access to break waters. Seeing as I'll be 41+5 on Wednesday they're not going to wait any longer

Makes sense, in a way it's good that you know what to expect as you've gone through a c section before with your other wee one. Looking forward to a mid week baby :D. My OH (& his band) would like me to pop mid week so they don't have to pull a big gig they have on Sunday. It's an annual gig and it's their favourite to do, it would have to be the day after my due date wouldn't it :rolleyes:. But they all know there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it!

Did I post earlier about how I've been getting loads of unbroken sleep, well I jinxed that and here I am woken up by awful heartburn. It's my own fault for eating lasagne so late.

Also it's SO hot & stuffy in my bedroom & no airflow from window. Nothing a muffin, Bejewelled and a big cup of milk won't solve though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Mink wrote: »
    Makes sense, in a way it's good that you know what to expect as you've gone through a c section before with your other wee one. Looking forward to a mid week baby :D. My OH (& his band) would like me to pop mid week so they don't have to pull a big gig they have on Sunday. It's an annual gig and it's their favourite to do, it would have to be the day after my due date wouldn't it :rolleyes:. But they all know there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it!

Yea that's true. Awake now since 5, anxious I guess knowing what's ahead. Hit me last night too that as its a 5 night stay its 5 nights away from little girl and thats really upsetting me. Touch emotional here :(

But hey going to meet baby tomorrow at long last, so exciting:):)

Feck all you can do if baby wants out If you pop before they can dedicate it to you and baby :):)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh Wwc1 so close now!!!! :D

This heat is killing me, I'm happy I got about 7 hours of broken sleep last night, woke up to take my tablet, usually I try and go back for an hour or so but I'm not even going to try this morning!
    I woke up last night and thought my waters had gone, no I was just a sweating minging pig! And every time I turn in bed my pelvis makes a cracking/popping noise and I really keep thinking its my waters!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

I know Ginny....yikes!!

that cracking/popping noise sounds sore. Oh the heat is unreal..could change sheets and t-shirt during night it gets so sweaty. all sweaty piggies its rotten

• Advertisement

It's not sore, sounds like a knuckle pop, it's a bit freaky though!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Mink - a friend of mine recommended the Elle Mc Phearson nursing bra's aswell, she said to start with mothercare or a cheaper brand as getting sizing right at the beginning can be tricky- once bf is established get measured for them. I got measured in Mothercare last week got a set of two for €40 to keep me going at the start...

WWC1 - best of luck for tomorrow - hope all goes well and u have your little on in your arms before u know it!

notsobusy - u poor thing, u must be completely fed up - fingers crossed the docs will have better news for u today...

Ginny - same re the heat - feel like a big gross sweaty pig:( had two showers and a bath yesterday and still felt manky - good luck with your appointment today. I was offered a sweep at 39 + 8 so maybe u will too...

40 + 2 today! for any of u that have had your babies - did u get awful back and pelvic pain before labour, have had it since yesterday (please, please, please say it's a good sign)

Fingers crossed I'm 39+6, last week I was unfavourable for one..:(

Ginny wrote: »
    And every time I turn in bed my pelvis makes a cracking/popping noise and I really keep thinking its my waters!

Snap, I get that popping noise. And yes sometimes I sweat so much I think it's my waters.

Managed to get back to sleep about 7am, when midwife arrived this morning I looked a bit bedraggled to say the least.

Baby is about the same as last week position wise. She said if nothing has happened by next Tues then she might do a sweep. Talked to her for ages re the birth & pain control and various different things, she was here for 2 hrs. So feel better as had some concerns sorted out that had been niggling at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I'm ready to throttle someone have again been waiting 6 hours for this dr to come round again!!! Saw 3this morning who said there was no reason i cant go home today they are happy with my bloods etc....but they wanted me to hang on to see this other guy. So pissed off. the midwives are afraid to come near me as i keep asking when is he coming?!?!

• Advertisement

Some nice person obviously heard my pleas! The famous dr has just been in and i can go home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

notsobusy, glad you`re getting outta hospital today, why were ye in? Must have missed that post
    I went for some bikini waxing this morning but had to do less rather than more, the pain was just too much - I nearly just quit when it was half done, and I`d been just sayin to the girl I`d a high enough pain threshold...:o
    Really thought today`s the day I`d been dreaming all night that I was in labour, I`d given birth the night before but kept forgetting to feed him!!
    I`m the teeniest little bit crampy so maybe tonight/morning!
    Ive a hosp app in the morning but dunno what to expect.
    Anyone know would they do another sweep, induce me or ask me back for saturday when I`m 10days over???
    The suspense is killing me...
    Silly anything stirrin...?
    40+6 :mad:

Glad you're going home notsobusy. I'm a very impatient person so knowing me I probably would have trotted off in my jammies to find him. I absolutely hate being kept waiting.

Fri.day, I was the same when getting a wax a few weeks ago. It hurts WAY more when you're pregnant as your skin is a lot more sensitive. Even plucking my eyebrows hurts a bit more than usual.

I'd say they'll do another sweep, especially as you've already had one and you are cramping. My midwife said she'll try sweep me on Tues if I'm still getting those low down cramps and I'm only going to be 40 weeks this Saturday.

Oh girls I really feel like I'm going to be paddy last having this baby now that Ginny is going in for an induction! And probably you will too theg81der. I may well have an August baby in me & I'm going to hold up everyone getting their Newborn thread :rolleyes:

Anyone else doing the perinium massage stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

I have a voucher for a pregnancy massage but not sure if should do it. Did she have one of those special cushions with the hole in it so you could lie on your front?

Hope your wee man gets home soon & that your boobs go back to normal!

Now that some of you new mammies are experienced in it, any recommendations for nursing bra's, any to avoid?

not sure to be honest was half delirious so only lay down for two mins
    id defo say go for it when you feel time is near if nothing else it will take your mind off everything and its nice to get a break from house and hubby and get a bit of sympathy off someone new:D

Did I post earlier about how I've been getting loads of unbroken sleep, well I jinxed that and here I am woken up by awful heartburn. It's my own fault for eating lasagne so late.

Also it's SO hot & stuffy in my bedroom & no airflow from window. Nothing a muffin, Bejewelled and a big cup of milk won't solve though ;)

ooooh snap this happened me 2 two nights b4 my labour started:D ........

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Glad ur home notsobusy!!!:)
    I'll prob be joining you in the paddy lasts mink... Getting all pains,pressure which is getting me closer but very slowly :( had check up 2day babs is 2/5s engaged which has to be good as other dr and midwives have told me only first pregnancy engages before labour... And as I'm now on third it wouldn't happen until I'm in labour, But knowing me I'll still be here in 2weeks!!

brought me bubs home today
    its the nicest feeling im sitting here happy out with my little man snoring in pram and my big man snoring on the couch...its the best:)hope ya all have yere little bundles soon

quick tip :i had a rough time with recovery as i kept 4getting to ask nurses for drugs. and also checked out with out asking for prescription so was walking around in agony for two days .i dreaded picking the babs up as everything hurt so much
    *ask for diefene suppositories(5days at least great for pain,stitches)also take paracetemol or something every 4 hours
    *take lactalose whether your constipated or not ....saves some tears for sure:)
    *also i pulled muscles in my ass cheeks whetn pushing but only just realised what it was today so am now using deepheat .
    no advice on the dolly p's cause i was in so much pain down there i didnt even notice them
    finally 5 days in im starting to feel human,i was literally crawling around sun/mon before i got things sorted ,seriously i could have halved my recovery time if i had known even one of theese things
    ah well number 2 will be super easy;)

be sure to look after yerselves and best of luck :)

Great your home mmm...chicken. I'll definitely be taking stool softeners after the birth, can't be having constipation after all that pushing!
    Glad ur home notsobusy!!!:)
    I'll prob be joining you in the paddy lasts mink... Getting all pains,pressure which is getting me closer but very slowly :( had check up 2day babs is 2/5s engaged which has to be good as other dr and midwives have told me only first pregnancy engages before labour... And as I'm now on third it wouldn't happen until I'm in labour, But knowing me I'll still be here in 2weeks!!

Ah I forgot you were down the bottom of the list with me! Per my notes there is only 1/5 of the head to be felt out of the pelvis. So I guess he's 4/5 engaged? That's sort of usual for 1st births I think... but really there is little usual about all the pregnancies & births on here, everyone's get a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Fri.Day wrote: »
    notsobusy, glad you`re getting outta hospital today, why were ye in? Must have missed that post
    I went for some bikini waxing this morning but had to do less rather than more, the pain was just too much - I nearly just quit when it was half done, and I`d been just sayin to the girl I`d a high enough pain threshold...:o
    Really thought today`s the day I`d been dreaming all night that I was in labour, I`d given birth the night before but kept forgetting to feed him!!
    I`m the teeniest little bit crampy so maybe tonight/morning!
    Ive a hosp app in the morning but dunno what to expect.
    Anyone know would they do another sweep, induce me or ask me back for saturday when I`m 10days over???
    The suspense is killing me...
    Silly anything stirrin...?
    40+6 :mad:
    Nope! 41 weeks today, just waiting on midwife so I'll let you know what the plan is from here. Hoping that they'll bring me in soon as the pressure is becoming unbearable!! hopefully no later than Friday!

Fri.day I was in for mastitis. I'm not sure why I wad admitted as I thought they would just dose me with antibiotics and send me obln my way with a script. I'm grand now and so is bubs. he was very unsettled being back in with me and just cried and fed all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

So excited for Ginny, WWC1 and silly,

We're all nearly there!!

Someone asked me how many weeks Zoe is lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Mastitus? ouch at least you`re home now to settle in again

41 weeks today and had another sweep this morning at hosp app.
    Had a bit more of a "show" after this one but still only dilated 1cm no more...

So now I`m booked in for induction tomorrow morning at 8am :eek::D:eek::D ... gonna be in by 7.30 so I won`t be the 1st sent home if there`s a shortage of beds, which has been happening a bit lately...
    Silly because of the weekend being our day 10-12 they want me in friday but asked for thurs cos the extra waiting would kill me finding last min things to do around the house
    Although I`m really excited I can`t help feeling a bit like I`m cheating!!
    Have only told my mother-in-law yet (she`s down the country) cos I don`t want an audience if it works straight away, I wanna just get on with it!!
    I`m coming up to my miscarriage date too so I really want my baby in my arms sooner rather than later, Ive been feeling a bit sad about it lately.
    Hopefully Mink is marking me off the list tomorrow with a healthy baby boy to show off ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Fri.Day wrote: »
    I`m coming up to my miscarriage date too so I really want my baby in my arms sooner rather than later, Ive been feeling a bit sad about it lately.

Me too Fri.Day can`t seem to not think about it no matter how much I don`t want too (in my head I don`t want to relate the two things at all makes me panick). Its making me even more hurried to have this babs safely out and in my arms.

Good luck tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Was told at my midwives appointment to go back in at 9pm to be induced. Went home to have a bite to eat etc.. And the pains that I was putting down to pressure all morning turned into big nasty contractions!!! So was back in the hospital by 4.30pm. Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy at 12.25am! No name yet! He's perfect in every way. 9lbs 3.5oz.
    The male midwife that I had was excellent and he was a student midwife, present at the birth of my daughter....11 years ago!!!

Best if luck to all the other ladies!!
    Fri.day hope you have your baby before midnight tonight so our babies will still have the same birthday, and exactly 8 days late...

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 3oz
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs

WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 9lbs 3.5oz

Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July - BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Big congrats to Silly & Kiwi on their baby boys (both surprises I think?). They had their babies at exactly the same time down to the minute in the early hours of this morning.

I think Friday, WWC1 & Ginny all have something cooking as I type!

Can't believe I'm still pregnant!

This thread has slowed down considerably, which is to be expected seeing as most of its posters are now otherwise occupied :D

I've already started into the "repacking the hospital bags" stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I think it's just much easier to post on the Facebook group - and it's more private. But I still love this thread. It was like a pregnancy diary for me, and I plan on printing out some of my key posts and saving them for Melody when she is older!

Big congrats to Kiwi and Silly, delighted for you both!
    I love seeing all the bold in the list, we're nearly there now... and we could have more before the end of the day! Fingers crossed for all those on the cusp!

I was back at the maternity hospital for a checkup today, and thankfully and finally, my stitches are doing their job, and my episiotomy is healing! Stupid blood pressure is up again, but not enough for them to be too concerned - personally, I was so nervous that they would keep me in that I'm not surprised!

silly wrote: »
    Was told at my midwives appointment to go back in at 9pm to be induced. Went home to have a bite to eat etc.. And the pains that I was putting down to pressure all morning turned into big nasty contractions!!! So was back in the hospital by 4.30pm. Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy at 12.25am! No name yet! He's perfect in every way. 9lbs 3.5oz.
    The male midwife that I had was excellent and he was a student midwife, present at the birth of my daughter....11 years ago!!!

Best if luck to all the other ladies!!
    Fri.day hope you have your baby before midnight tonight so our babies will still have the same birthday, and exactly 8 days late...

aaaw congrats
    another boy.....well done:D

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 3oz
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 9lbs 3.5oz
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 7oz
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July - BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Congrats Ginny! That's the 3rd boy (and a surprise at that) to be born on today's date!

Actually does anyone remember what Jennytightlips had? I'm thinking a boy but not sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

wow we're on the home stretch.
    must admit mink, I'm most lookin forward to hearing your birth story, I hope its worlds apart from mine and you let me take a bath in your birthing pool lol!

milk is in since yesterday so I'm gonna feed zoe in the morning and at night. the sheer size of my boobs is impressive

Advertisement