Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Pushkii, I had 4 stretch marks before zoe was born. My stomach is now totally destroyed :-(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

crap, should I expect them now then? I managed to avoid them totally, getting a belly bandit tomorrow too since my stomach looks so weird now, my upper abdomen is smaller then it as before I got pregnant, but the bottom is a lost cause!

Ginny wrote: »
    crap, should I expect them now then? I managed to avoid them totally, getting a belly bandit tomorrow too since my stomach looks so weird now, my upper abdomen is smaller then it as before I got pregnant, but the bottom is a lost cause!

Nah id say your ok after having n a good few days ago.

Mine are obviously so bad from the sheer size of zoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

pushkii wrote: »
    Hi girls just dropping in from the august thread. Probably a silly question but the stretch marks come after the baby is born. I don't have many yet but i keep getting told by people its after they appear?!

I've never heard this, doesn't make sense to me. Though maybe some women don't notice them as much til after??

Java I thought you were riddled with them before, you only had 4??? Not fair.

Mine started showing at 33/34 weeks I think & all around my belly button (if you can call it that) and my lower belly right down to my nether regions & all way over to my hips & very top of my thighs is absolutely covered in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mine started to appear about the 33 week mark too. My stomach and boobs are covered in them. I've been using the bio oil and they are starting to fade.

I didn't get the epi and I had a suction birth and episotomy. I was just too exhausted to push at that stage. the gas and air was no help to me as i just kept panicking and couldn't breathe properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Thanks girls , sure if they come they come nothing really i can do about them. Just keep using the bio oil and hope they fade . Small price to pay for a little bundle of joy anyway :-)

Mink wrote: »
    Hi girls just dropping in from the august thread. Probably a silly question but the stretch marks come after the baby is born. I don't have many yet but i keep getting told by people its after they appear?!

I've never heard this, doesn't make sense to me. Though maybe some women don't notice them as much til after??

Java I thought you were riddled with them before, you only had 4??? Not fair.

Mine started showing at 33/34 weeks I think & all around my belly button (if you can call it that) and my lower belly right down to my nether regions & all way over to my hips & very top of my thighs is absolutely covered in them.

I Defo have more after zoe then when I was pregnant. Maybe I just didn't see half of them because my stomach was so stretched. But I'm not exaggerating, I am destroyed, its depressing.

Still have that line on my belly too?

Zoe slept from 1 to now. Loves her

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yeah I still have the line, looks like I spilt a line of gravy down myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

javagal wrote: »
    Ginny wrote: »

Nah id say your ok after having n a good few days ago.

Mine are obviously so bad from the sheer size of zoe.

I got one stretch mark with my second right above my belly button, looks like I have a belly button piercing. he was 5 weeks early and was 7lb 6oz. ( July 16th was due august 18th)

My first, I got stretch marks from around 37 weeks lower abdomen and hip bone. She was 1 week early and weighed 9lb 1

My 3rd I got stretch marks on my bum from around 37 weeks he was 1 week early and weighed 8lb 15 oz.

I swear if I only had 7lb babies I would be stretch mark free.

My youngest is 5 and stretch marks have faded, and not that noticeable.

Bikini covers 90% of stretch marks.

As for the epi. I had it with all 3 but it didn't kick in, in time for the premature guy. Only just kicked in for 3rd guy.

Refused it for 26 hours with my first and was told to have it, I conceded and tbh it was brilliant, pain free but could still feel contractions enough to know when to push. All were delivered naturally... 1 hour pushing number 1, 3 pushes for the premature guy, and 30 mins for 3rd.

I did ask for a section with the 2nd guy as he was supposed to be over 10lb they said if I could push out a 9 pounder I could push out a 10 pounder, thankfully he came early, he was perfect ( besides looking like he did 10 rounds with mike tryson( fast delivery bruised him)) let home after 26 hours and then jaundiced for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

I thought I was away with murder with stretch marks before the birth, foolish me. destroyed with them now I am. and I let my bio oil spill all over the floor.

• Advertisement

It's half price in Penny's at the moment! Or so I am told!

This is like the 4th place I've posted this but I had a bloody show this morning & I'm crampy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

This is like the 4th place I've posted this but I had a bloody show this morning & I'm crampy!!

Lol I would too don`t worry post away! Checkin for updates every 5 mins so excited for u!

Woohoo Minky... Try get some rest you'll prob need it for later x

Well had a good sleep last night aside from waking up a few times from cramps so I'm very thankful for that.

Nervous about going for a walk in case diarrhea strikes again, but don't want to be housebound either

Well had a good sleep last night aside from waking up a few times from cramps so I'm very thankful for that.

Nervous about going for a walk in case diarrhea strikes again, but don't want to be housebound either

Just walk round your estate/local shop or something..tie a jumper around your waist(just in case lol)

Oooohhh I'm so excited to hear all about this home birth, said a little prayer it all going swimmingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Good luck mink.. It's a good sign so exciting!!

Well the walk worked as did more ball bouncing. Lots more bloody show & contractions are ranging between 2 and 6 mins for past two hours.

Just popped the immersion on:D

So excited for you and me cause I'm fascinated by home births!x

Woo hoo baby mink! Congrats girl your amazing x

• Advertisement

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 3oz
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July - *Girl* BORN 25th July, 7lbs 9oz
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 9lbs 3.5oz
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy* - BORN 27th July, 8lbs
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July *Boy* - BORN 29th July, 9lbs 2oz
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July - BORN (assumed)
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 4oz
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl* - BORN 1st Aug, 8lbs 8oz
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy* - BORN 7th Aug, 8lbs 6 1/2oz
    Jennytightlips - 29th July *Boy*- BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Congrats..... to me! Will post birth story etc when I get my brain back, think it came out with the placenta :D It all went fine
    Love my little cutie-pie boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

delighted to hear your news Mink. i've been checking to see if any update. congratulations!

minibear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Big congrats Mink! Fair fecking play to you having a home birth. Can't wait to read all about it.

Congrats to theg81er and her little man!!!!

July(ish) babies are here to take over the world!!!

Thanks to you all for an amazing journey, we did it ladies!!!

WHO RUN DA WORLD GIRLS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

ah big Congrats to her!!
    Its a good job the july babies are because the August babies are in no panic :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

But now only one mysterious mystery remains: what has happened to March?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

But now only one mysterious mystery remains: what has happened to March?
    Yeah! She started this thread!

Hope she's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Yeah really hope she is ok as in her last post she had been in hospital!

Congrats to our latest new arrivals :)

• Advertisement

notsobusy-2nd July - *Boy* - BORN 27th June, 7lbs 2oz
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Cyning-8th July *girl* - BORN 7th July, 7lbs 15oz
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 20th July, 9lbs 10oz
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl* - BORN 3rd July, 6lbs 15oz
    Kiwi2011-12th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 3oz
    Kash-13th July - *Girl* - BORN 14th July, 9lbs
    WWC1 - 13th July - *Girl* BORN 25th July, 7lbs 9oz
    minibear - 13th July *Girl* - BORN 15th July, 7lbs 1oz
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 2oz
    KildareAsh-15th July *Girl* - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl* - BORN 10th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Feest - 15th July - *girl* - BORN 14th July, 7lbs 6oz
    Silly- 18th July *boy* - BORN 26th July, 9lbs 3.5oz
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy* - BORN 27th July, 8lbs
    Mmm...chicken - 21st July *Boy* - BORN 19th July, 8lbs 8oz
    Trions - 22nd July *Boy* - BORN 29th July, 9lbs 2oz
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl* - BORN 21st July, 6lbs 6oz
    March11 - 24th July - (assume born, no news)
    Ginny - 25th July *Boy* - BORN 26th July, 7lbs 4oz
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl* - BORN 1st Aug, 8lbs 8oz
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy* - BORN 7th Aug, 8lbs 6 1/2oz
    Jennytightlips - 29th July *Boy*- BORN 13th July, 6lbs 7oz
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy* - BORN 11th August, 8lbs 8oz

The final one was born, congrats to theg81der!! Apologies for the delay in posting. Well done to all of us and all our babies!

Advertisement