Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Kash that's awful! I hope they can have you mended & home ASAP :)

You will also see on FB that my partner & I have done lots of talking tonight about pumping which might be of interest to you before you go down that road :) but I'm also happy to answer any questions or tell you my experience of it all if you want - just PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Just got a call from the public health nurse, she has to call out to repeat the heel prick test cos the first got contaminated. not a happy mammy over thirst all!

Kash that sounds horrific you poor thing!

Between you, twomums repeat heel prick and now this, I don't have the most fait in Limerick maternity any more to be very honest! Cranky cos I'm up since 6 with the little man, of course he's only gone off to sleep there now and he has that brutal bit of fun to look forward to in half an hour. i could punch the entire of the HSE in the stupid face.

I know it's hard Jen but to be honest I would now suspect something happened a whole batch - more than likely in Dublin rather than limerick maternity. Hopefully your little lads will go smoothly - mine did with just one prick! It still wasn't nice but it was SO much better than the first time!

I know you had a very different experience to me but from my time there I would happily go back in their care for my next (if a next happens) but in fairness I would go private again! I don't believe my care was any different but having my own room (it's not a guarantee I know) made a huge difference for me. It was my space, I didn't have to listen to other people, their visitors or their babies! My partner could stay as long as she liked as she wasn't disturbing anyone else and my discussions with midwives etc weren't being overheard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ginny wrote: »
    My Braxton Hicks are really noticeable now, they actually make me feel a bit sick when I have them now!

Yeah mine have gotten stronger too, sometimes they hurt a bit. Have started on the raspberry leaf tea last night & will see if that does anything. I think I've sort of mentally started the eviction process.
    cyning wrote: »
    Mink I was like that: I was in the hospital sitting on his lap I was so clingy :D Literally got off his lap walked to the bin and back and my waters broke: he was so lucky it didn't happen 5 mins earlier!

I better bring an extra maternity mat around with me so.
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    It was my space, I didn't have to listen to other people, their visitors or their babies! My partner could stay as long as she liked as she wasn't disturbing anyone else and my discussions with midwives etc weren't being overheard :)

I really like the idea of the partner being able to stay overnight. If I have to go into hospital I dread not having OH around, though at least one of us will be well slept in the morning!

Sorry if TMI but I've been farting like a mad thing the past few days, it's unreal! I think the poor baby must be deafened by now as his head is right beside all the activity. Maybe my farts will be a soothing sound to him after he's born cos it will remind him of being in the womb :D

Also, I may have a touch of thrush...grr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink wrote: »
    Sorry if TMI but I've been farting like a mad thing the past few days, it's unreal! I think the poor baby must be deafened by now as his head is right beside all the activity. Maybe my farts will be a soothing sound to him after he's born cos it will remind him of being in the womb :D

i'm the EXACT same.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

AS am I, I keep getting excited thinking I'm getting some sorta pains, then I figure out it's wind...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'll be in hospital until Sunday at the earliest, they're taking me to surgery any minute now.

They have to remove the infected tissue and do deeper stitches. I'm on so many painkillers I think I would drop the baby if I held her. So, she's going home with hubby where she will be properly looked after. Breastfeeding is no longer an option for us unfortunately. I can't believe I am about to be seperated from my baby :(

Kash that is just awful. I really hope your surgery is successful and that this is the end of it for you so you can get home on Sunday.

You probably won't have the energy but maybe you could "pump & dump" while in hospital to keep your supply going a bit so you can try resume breastfeeding when you get home.

Oh Kash I'm so so sorry :( Hope everything goes ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Oh Kash... fingers crossed it all goes okay. I really hope it all goes well and you get home Sunday :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Oh Kash sound awful poor you! Hope all goes well and your home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Kash you poor thing, I'd be foaming at the mouth by now if that was me, don't know how you're keeping your cool at all! i hope you're in one of the smaller wards at least. like Mink said, maybe pump and dump while you're on the crazy meds til you get home and try again?

Having a bit of a meh day, think I heard the baby cry a bit too much or something and just feeling really down now, bleugh. Went down to the shopping centre to mothercare to pick up a few bits with my sister there just for a break out of the house and away from baby for half an hour, which kinda helped, til this old lady got in my face about walking too slow out the massive shopping centre doors, then asked if I was alright when I said sorry in my pathetic breathless little voice (section mammies, what's with the not being able to raise my voice eh?!) said I was recovering from a section, oh she says with this pure disgusted look on her face and walked off. Lovely.
    You're going on my Punch-in-the-Face List, old woman. The cheek of you.

Hope all is going well for Java, can't wait to hear the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Poor you, kash hope alls sorted Soon and you can get back to your babs and oh soon!!!

Kash I hope the surgery is done now & that you can start your recovery from it! Daddy will do a great job looking after his little girl & hopefully he can bring her in to see you everyday :) Maybe he could print out & frame that cute photo of her with her quiff for you to keep beside you.
    I know it's hard but try to not stress about the feeding (I know - I'm one to talk) but you need the meds to get well & melody wants her mammy better so that's what is most important! I truly hope you get home really soon - lots of TLC for you when you do get home :)

It looks like Zoe has picked up snuffles from me :( will prob be a long night as she sleeps easier propped up so I suspect we will be doing shifts with her!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kash fingers crossed.

Im waiting for gel now. therebis few ladies induced today with me so it is taking time.
    and im hungry. i dont like hospital food :-/ anyway who thought about giving last meal at 4,30 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I thought that was really odd too Saurelin, we got our last meal at 4pm!! I was always starving by about 7 and the meal at 4 was only scabby sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

notsobusy wrote: »
    I thought that was really odd too Saurelin, we got our last meal at 4pm!! I was always starving by about 7 and the meal at 4 was only scabby sandwiches.

I had choise - curry (dont like it at all) or salad with 1/2 of egg, 1/2 of tomato, 2 slices of cucumber and 2 slices if cheese and some bread
    i took salad and by 6 I was hungry again. I have some snacks with me but Im angry with myself that I didnt take something bigger :-/

That food sounds awful. Definitely get your hubby to sneak you in something Saurelin. I think when you are really in labour you need a huge amount of calories - I heard you burn 2000 per hour but I'm not sure how true that is.

I must stock up on snacks!!

Well I had a bit of pampering today, got my hair cut and did my nails & toenails (don't know how I managed those but I got there in the end). I think it will be the last time I look in any way groomed for a long time!

Yeah deffo get snacks, Rotundas schedule was:
    Breakkie at 7:30-8am, small glass of orange juice, 3 halves of toast, cornflakes and tea or an egg instead of the cornflakes.
    Mid morning: 11am veggie soup
    Lunch(which was dinner) 12:30 something like chicken curry or stuffed peppers, with a slice of bread and tea.
    "dinner" 4:30was a salad or a cold pasta dish, with tea and jelly and ic cream.
    Oh and you got a jug of water in the mornings.

I really needed the snacks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

Nothing from Java - she may have someone to keep her busy by now, fingers crossed!!
    Nothing stirring with me either, although when I went for my walk y/day I needed to pee 3 times in 90mins, thank god it was a secluded wood in the middle of nowhere...:D I`m either heavier or he has moved down a bit.
    So still waiting, gonna have a bath later and may have a hot indian for dinner later then try out whats left of my charm on hubby...;)
    40+3 :mad:

Jelly & ice cream?? It's not a 4yr olds birthday party!
    Can't believe the last feed is at 4.30 - I know the reason is cutbacks but still, show me a pregnant woman/woman recovering from a huge ordeal who doesn't need more food than that.

I don't think you're allowed have anyone bring you in hot food from outside right? So we'd have to be sustaining ourselves on granola bars and fruit I guess.

OH went out last night for a work thing, I was fine with it but maybe a little bummed I didn't have him to myself. But he got back really late & is sick from the drink (he didn't have that many, he has an ulcer that gets aggravated & makes him ill) so don't think we'll be able to do much before he has to go to a gig. Boo! I need to get out of the house!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I think everyone sneaks in some takeaway after the first day - the staff in Linerick never batted an eye.

My surgery is all done now, and things are feeling much more solid down below, which is good. I'm still doing a rather convincing John Wayne impression though.

The doc confirmed that the episiotomy repair looks good, so their only concern at the moment is that I have a bad headache - which can be a side effect of the spinal anaesthetic and could last two weeks. If their last set of drugs don't clear it up, then I'll be here for another few days. I'm hoping that it is just a regular headache as I was so dehydrated yesterday. If the last drugs do clear it up, then I could get home today.

Best of luck to all the pending ladies - wishing you all a complication free final stretch! Hopefully we can add a few more babies to the July contingent over the weekend!

Fri.Day wrote: »
    Nothing stirring with me either, although when I went for my walk y/day I needed to pee 3 times in 90mins, thank god it was a secluded wood in the middle of nowhere...:D I`m either heavier or he has moved down a bit.
    So still waiting, gonna have a bath later and may have a hot indian for dinner later then try out whats left of my charm on hubby...;)
    40+3 :mad:

I would love to swap with you for the day so I could go for a long walk. On a nice day like this I'd love nothing more than to go for a walk in the forest park or down the beach. I was actually trying to think of anyone I know with a wheelchair that we could borrow! How stupid is that, it's not like they'd be able to spare it!

Yeah I'd love a walk, but I know it's just not feasible, getting up from the couch and doing some dishes had me needing a nap yesterday afternoon. I just did some tidying of the nursery, putting away outfits and presents we received and I reckon I can have a shower before hub comes back and does breakkie. Hopefully I'll have some energy today, I feel really horrible not moving about and I know the more stationary I am the longer it's going to take junior to get a move on!
    Yeah the food situation was weird,valthough the night midwives did make toast for people if they wanted it. Hub broke me out and we went to McDonalds while I was in, had the invests twisty fries ever!

Aw Kash you really didn't need to get the headache on top of everything else & I really hope it clears up with this last set of drugs! Will keep my fingers crossed that you can get home today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Mink wrote: »

Sorry I laughed when I read this cause I was the same when I got out of hospital... My friends came to visit and I couldn't even get myself out of the room before they would go off lol!!.. ok now thank god ;-) Thats what I love about this site, you find out your not on your own suffering!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

hi all
    hope everyone is well :)
    finally had my "little brown eyed boy" (nyquist was right about the itchy belly:D)
    thursday 19th a whopper at 8lb 8
    ill tell ye i wasnt expecting that.
    poor pet had the cord wrapped around his neck so ended up in icu
    he is flying it now though but they sent me home today without him ....me and other half are sitting here at a total loss ....what did we do b4 eh??

just had a quick read through posts ,congrats minibear:)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Kash wrote: »
    I think everyone sneaks in some takeaway after the first day - the staff in Linerick never batted an eye.

My surgery is all done now, and things are feeling much more solid down below, which is good. I'm still doing a rather convincing John Wayne impression though.

The doc confirmed that the episiotomy repair looks good, so their only concern at the moment is that I have a bad headache - which can be a side effect of the spinal anaesthetic and could last two weeks. If their last set of drugs don't clear it up, then I'll be here for another few days. I'm hoping that it is just a regular headache as I was so dehydrated yesterday. If the last drugs do clear it up, then I could get home today.

Best of luck to all the pending ladies - wishing you all a complication free final stretch! Hopefully we can add a few more babies to the July contingent over the weekend!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery Kash :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

loving baby zoe so much. cannot believe how much I feel I know her already.
    she's gone back to baby unit to give me time to sleep.

waiting for painkillers and then sleep time. hope tomorrow feels less sore.

miss my zoe!

Advertisement