Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Thanks Java - I actually counted all four out in my head before I posted that and wondered who am I missing!! Obviously I've lost the ability to count now! Cripes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Good luck Cyning! You deserve an easy labour after all you`ve been through and I hope that what you have xx

I`m going to breastfeed (I hope!) but I`ll not be beating myself up if it doesn`t work for me/us!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Good luck cyning.... Hope u have ur babs in ur arms soon:)

Nyquist I'm bottle feeding did so on my other 2 and I'm using aptimal a friend recommended it on first ds and I found it good on my 2 it's supposed 2 be gentler on stomach!!! :D

July is here at last excited and scary at the same time.... So tired of the bh and pains:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Best of luck Cyning!!! Hopefully, everything will fly and you'll have your baby lickety split :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh God I'd give anything to be able to take an anti histamine!! Can't breathe through my nose at all!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

I was wondering what you will miss about your bump :)

For me, my little girl strokes the mattress up & down when I lie on my side in bed (she stops if you put your hand between belly & the mattress). It is so sweet and it feels like she is gently stroking me :) I'm really going to miss that when she is here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Ooh sounds like there is stuff happening, maybe baby cyning tomorrow!

Two mums I'm going to miss the little pokes and prods from baby, that's the best part of pregnancy!

Sounds like all ye have done really well out of getting stuff of other people. We've had to buy everything bar the cot and changing table. If we don't have enough clothes will just do a run to penneys/ tescos after he arrives and we see what weight he is.

Did a little bit of walking today and was so sore and numb legs, had to have a nap, still so happy I've learnt how to nap though.

Re godparents, I think we're going to decide nearer the time. We're doing a naming ceremony type thing as not Christian.

Two more weeks of work and I'm home free. Please don't come for another 3 weeks baby!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Baby cyning is NEVER getting here :D

Yes pre labour but they think I might be like this for a few days: babies heart rate was going nuts on the trace (170-190 at one stage which is too fast) so I had to get assessed by the medical team too :( also I have An irritable uterus with strong BH... I'm in for a rough few days I think! They wanted to keep me but kinda agreed in the end I wouldn't sleep in hosp and that's what me and baby both need.

Also i feel like a hypochondriac at this stage! The way the midwife was talking you'd swear the entire pregnancy was in my head...

I swear it's not : D

And despite the fact I told them three weeks ago the tiredness was going to end up being a massive factor (they even put it in my notes I was complaining of tiredness) only now are they copping onto the fact that it Is causing huge problems.

/rant over

Doc reckons I'll probably end up back in there tomorrow: dunno if he meant in full blown labour or just with being my usual self!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Thats awful Cyning cam on here first thng this morning hoping to see good news for you. Stupid doctors, don`t let them put you off sticking up for yourself and babs its your health and your life and god knows they make enough bloody mistakes that we know their not infallible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Aw Cyning, I'm so disappointed for u. Hopefully this stage won't last as long as docs think and baby Cyning will be with us in no length.

Meant to say last week to pack some anti-bac wipes for the toilets/bath. One of the nurses actually told me not to have a bath in the hospital because of the hygiene. But the healing process has speeded up significantly since I got home and have a bath with tea tree oil every day. At least if u had the wipes u cld give it a rub down before getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I know the feeling Cyning.. I 'm just back from the hospital. Was getting pains every 5 mins along with the pinkish plug since yesterday afternoon. Up all night so decided to head to hosp at 6am before oh was due in work. Kinda knew I wouldn't be in labour and they confirmed this. They said my cervix is softened and I could stay there or come home and go back in a few hours when they expect things to pick up.. At home now but have to say the pains I'm getting are hard enough so not looking forward to them getting worse! Epidural here I come!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Good Morning :-)

we had crazy weekend.

Spend most of day on a trip to howth. my nephew loved seals :-D

Then I had horrible night. get bh contraction so often that hubby wanted to take me to hospital.

I feel much better now :-)

Cyning I hope you get some rest last night.

Cyning at least you are in labour but I hope it moves along quickly for you both as days doesn't sound pleasant! Don't let them make you feel like a hypocondriac...you have a medical history during this pregnancy that proves you are not :)

RobinC good luck to you...5 mins apart & not in labour sounds painful!

Will have fingers crossed for you both :)

Robinc I feel the same about the epidural now... seriously!

Worst comes to worst I'm in hosp tomorrow I don't see them letting me home from that appt in any way shape or form.

They gave me solpadeine in the hosp yest to get me to relax and sleep: did not work. I will be so grateful once baby gets here :) I just feel frustrated by them all now :(

Cyning I hope you are able to get rest at home so you're ready for the full on labour. Hell there might be a wee one coming into the world this evening!

Robin C definitely sounds like things are happening.

It's only just gone 2nd July and there's already a new batch of babies on the horizon!

Had a dream two nights ago that there was a baby girl hiding at the top end of my uterus so ended up having twins, I woke up CONVINCED i needed to go for a scan pronto.

Last night I dream that Channing Tatum was looking after me for the last few weeks of pregnancy and was my birth partner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

cyning wrote: »
    Robinc I feel the same about the epidural now... seriously!

Worst comes to worst I'm in hosp tomorrow I don't see them letting me home from that appt in any way shape or form.

They gave me solpadeine in the hosp yest to get me to relax and sleep: did not work. I will be so grateful once baby gets here :) I just feel frustrated by them all now :(
    They can stick that epidural where ever they want, I'll take it in the eye if I have to lol!! I've taken a couple of pain killers too but they haven't done much for me either so having a little walk around instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

oh cyning and Robinc, hope things move along quickly for ye both.
    IMO Take the epidural if you need it...especially as things are going so slow at the moment, ye will be exhausted by the time things really get going..you will get some relief and rest with the epidural.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

god another two july bubs on the way
    best of luck robin and cyning:)
    doesnt sound too nice i think id have thrown the solphedine at the nurse,but i guess when ye get epidural it will be all the sweeter
    thinking of ye both x

minibear :thanks re post ill be looking it back up when i get a sign of some sort,little one seems comfy enough in at the mo.

mink ;my sister who had first grandson(ours will be number 13) said she was dissappointed at having to buy everything too but then after he was born they were flooded with things,people just normally leave things till after bubs comes, she said his first christmas was manic with the amount of gifts he got,
    apart from two sisters with babies last yr i havent recieved anything but i was blessed with them .on my partners side it will be the first so understandably its a different story
    no bags of handmedowns but still they are nice with phonecalls and texts
    try not to let it upset you im sure after bubs comes it will all sort itself out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

hope today is your day ladies!

so excited for you two!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw girls best of luck today! Looking forward to hearing about the little bundles arriving. Exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Cyning! Hope every goes along quickly for you. One piece of advice if you have to scream at them scream at them. They all seem to think a first pregnancy means days, I kept asking them to check me and eventually they did to shut me up and I was 7cm dilated. They were shocked but it also meant it was too late for the epidural! You know your own body so don't be afraid to let them know! One mistake I won't be making the next time, if there is a next time!

Good luck Robinc! They did that to me too but my waters broke so they had to keep me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Mink in regards to pressie's, we were the same had bought most things ourselves but in the last week have had loads of phone calls asking what i need from various friends and family, don't be afraid to tell them either!! :D

We have gotten quite alot of clothes as pressies but for older babies which is great!

Am I the only one not rightly planning on breastfeeding (ya I'll give it a go, but no intention of exclusively breastfeeding like) Any ideas on formula girls? I actually don't know where to start with it...the midwife said the last day they give you the choice when baby arrives which brand you want to go with and you stick with that then.

I am going to bottle feed. I gave alot of thought to it, it wasn't an easy decision but I think it's best for me.
    With my first I used sma gold - don't think I had a choice of formula back then. But she was a hungry mite so changed her to sma white and she was much more settled on that.
    I'll take whatever is recommended to me and hope baby likes it.

Never again one is enough for me honestly :p

I'm just going to shout and shout louder in the hospital tomorrow (unless baby obliges and comes before then)... I know half the problem is my notes aren't been read and then they think I'm the patient from hell for a little while: untill they take my heartrate etc... I'm trying to be really really patient but I'm just getting frustrated :mad:

Also I'm in pain and it's hard to be patient and nice when you fell like crap

Get your OH to do negotiations for you maybe? That way you don't have to stress about it & can focus on getting through it all!

No appettite today, just had cereal & then my lunch, none of my millions of mid morning snacks. Even though came into work an hour later, still feel knackered. Could easily go for a nap right now.

Seriously considering signing off for the last week & maybe coming in on the Friday for a 1/2 day (after my boss is back from hols) to turn over any last minute stuff.
    I've started on the wrap-up operation already, don't want to go into labour and then be wondering if I sent such and such email or if I told anyone where the such & such file is.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Just back from hospital, babys still breech, been scheduled for a section (but keeping date to myself over my friend reading this here thread and I don't want anyone bringing it up to me or I'll freak the bean altogether!) so ya, that's my news.
    Best of luck cyning amd robin!

You feeling ok about that news NyquistFreak? Just remember what my doctor said :) I already know my date if he decides to go that way....decision on Thursday!

News is news Nyquist! Happy you got a date. If a section is what's best for you then so be it!best of luck! Xx

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Nyquist what week appt. was that today? I think junior is the same, they're not playing ball! Head up under my ribs again, at just 37 weeks they should really be down by now right?

Mink I'm the same had a pancake for breakfast, just had a toasted cheese sandwich and nearly puked, my stomach is really shrinking these days!
    Can you drink too much sparkling water? Is it bad for you? I've been flying through it and sticking some dilute in it to flavour it. The bubbles cut the edge off my thirst, normal water is just not cold enough!

• Advertisement

Ginny, NyquistFreak would be about the same as me...there is a few days between us so her app today would be about 38+3 ish! I'm 38+1 today and my consultant is deciding on Thursday although not because of breech positioning.

They can turn at the last minute but I would suspect if your little one is breech at your next appointment they will pencil in a date...if your baby turns after that you could still go ahead with a natural birth as far as I know!

Advertisement