Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Mink wrote: »
    Worst sleep ever, OH was really zonked so he snored up a storm and every time I got him to stop, he'd start few mins later. I tried to wallop the bed out of frustration but ended up walloping him, I swear it was an accident! I even shed a few tears haha. Got up twice and sweated like a whore.

I may threaten to sleep in spare room tonight. A baby waking me up will be a different matter, being kept awake by snoring is SO annoying.

Same here! I swear he can snore whilst awake! Although he has offered to sleep in the spare room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

You do make me giggle :D it seems I have become the snorer in our house! Never normally snore but with the nasal congestion it seems I do :P

It seems I was hissing the other night...I have actually scared her awake! I'm sure I become some slytherin nightmare while she sleeps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kash wrote: »
    Although he has offered to sleep in the spare room :)

I think I'll be waiting for this with baited breath. In fairness, it's not actually his fault, he can't help it (like you twomums) but it doesn't stop me having a meltdown! I've since confessed to him that I hit him in his sleep... by accident.

Serious question, what baby monitors have you gotten/are getting?

I'm trying to get one on adverts but I'm really unsure if should get one with the sensor mat or not. What say ye?

It's a toss up between the Angelcare one with the sensor monitor
    http://www.adverts.ie/safety-monitors/angelcare-baby-monitor/1654509
    or the BT one that has lullabies as well.
    http://www.adverts.ie/safety-monitors/bt-baby-monitor-pacifier/1648549

Went to check out the car last night and it's a goer so picking it up Thurs. Then it's going straight to my mechanic on the weekend to get all the safety aspects checked, full service etc. I still think it's a great deal for 1500! Kids are off school end June I think so I might start driving into work then (if I last that long)

We got the Angelcare one as I think it will help us sleep better :) I know we will have a few false alarms when one of us picks up the baby & forgets to deactivate the mat first but I would prefer that & have it go off if required than not have the sensor at all!

I amazon stalked the price and we got it for £55 which was a great deal!

Mink just looked at the advert...ours worked out at less than €70 new at the time! Get the amazon app on your iPhone put it in your basket & pop in & check the price everyday...Amazon drop the price on items to bargains for 24hour periods (sometimes longer) and if you are keeping an eye on it you can get a great deal!

I have lots of stuff in my basket that I am price watching :D You still have plenty of time before you need one :) I think €60 is a lot for it second hand as you can get it new for €90 & it's more than likely been used for several years!

Re the mattress, our friend has an ikea mattress & it works with that...I think they might have issues with memory foam mattresses :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

we decided to get camera with wifi
    hubby said he can then spy on baby from work via website.

I was snooring last night and I even wake myself I was do laud

my boss is away for next 2 days
    my replacement told me he is not sure that he will stay as boss is to annoying.
    it made me laugh :-P

I actually got a voucher for Amazon for my birthday so I might do that twomums, thanks. The girl selling it for 60 hadn't actually used it at all because her mattress had springs so she had to get a different monitor. I think they normally sell for over 100 euros here. But Amazon is prob the way to go

I didn't think springs would be a problem! I'll try to find out what ikea mattress our friend has :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I got the Kia Sorento in the end, it's an 06 model. I sold my good horse to pay for it, the tax is massive though but I'm hoping that business will be going well by next Feb when the tax is up on it. I got 8 months tax with it :D Plus I have some money saved away just in case.

I ate so much yesterday and JG I also think my little one is going to make an early appearance, both Oh and I are convinced of this. Have no idea why though!

Going to pack my bags today. Just to be on the safe side!

Would kill for a choccie biscuit right now :eek:

Mink - she has the Vyssa mattress which she says is quite thick & has no problems with it & the monitor :) hope that helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Kiwi2011 wrote: »

have a question - I sent in my maternity leave application last week - got a letter back today saying acknowledgement of application form - it says they will notify me as soon as a decision is made? Did everyone get this or was it an instant decision?

I got that letter too, and waiting on the confirmation letter mext, but i dont see why i wouldnt be entitled to it..

I got that pampers hamper yesterday (our post doesnt arrive until after lunch, so it was there when i went home) A bit measly alright, but sure free nappies - how bad.

my hubby wrecks my head in bed too, he uses me as a pillow. he snuggles up to me, and puts his arm and leg over me..like i'm warm enough as it is!! last night i could have cried - cos i am blue in the face from telling him to MOVE OVER!!!!!!

Was at the hospital this morning, baby heading in right direction, everything going according to plan. Was only in for midwives clinic, so was in and out in an hour...went to the shopping center across the road - but left soon after as i felt guilty about not returning to work straight away.

This is the monitor that we got :
    http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-baby-monitor-250-79MX.html?src=2#imagegallery

my sis gave me one aswell, havent looked at what it is though, as its in a bag -i'll prob give that to my mom for her house.

Totally avoiding work this morning...i should be trying to catch up as i was out this morning, but no, here i am on boards..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I had to send my SW form to our payroll dept in the UK! They've had it for well over a week now and there's no sign of it coming back. Shld have been in with the department last Friday! I've been on to our HR person but doesn't seem to hurry them up!
    The company have all the dates and have sent me a letter confirming the start and end dates of my leave, so I can't understand what's taking so long. Grrrrr!

I almost feel bad saying this, but I am still sleeping like a log! Once I get comfy, I'm out like a light. I hope it stays like that for the next few weeks.

Silly, hamper is too strong a word to describe the pack that comes from Pampers. Surely it would have been more cost effective for them to have the packs at Super Value or the like and you go in and collect it (& get more nappies!)
    silly wrote: »
    my hubby wrecks my head in bed too, he uses me as a pillow. he snuggles up to me, and puts his arm and leg over me..like i'm warm enough as it is!! last night i could have cried - cos i am blue in the face from telling him to MOVE OVER!!!!!!

Oh this drives me mad. My OH is a major squirmer, he destroys the covers and bedding and ends up all over the gaff. If I'm on my own, I wake up in the morning with the sheets all exactly the same - I don't move and have a great sleep. What the hell am I going to do?? I'm such a light sleeper now that it's going to drive me mad sleeping with him (but I don't want to not sleep with him if you know what I mean).
    kildareash wrote: »
    I almost feel bad saying this, but I am still sleeping like a log! Once I get comfy, I'm out like a light. I hope it stays like that for the next few weeks.

Don't feel bad, enjoy it!! Maybe I will still have a few nights like this over the coming months

Oh this drives me mad. My OH is a major squirmer, he destroys the covers and bedding and ends up all over the gaff. If I'm on my own, I wake up in the morning with the sheets all exactly the same - I don't move and have a great sleep. What the hell am I going to do?? I'm such a light sleeper now that it's going to drive me mad sleeping with him (but I don't want to not sleep with him if you know what I mean).

exactly the same with my hubby. I have to practically put the sheet back on the mattress some mornings..He does go over to his side at the start of the night, but in his sleep he wil come over and make himself comfy. i told him i am going to buy him a deami pillow..
    like at the moment, i sleep with my back to him and i have the dreami pillow infront of me and going between my legs, he lies so close to me that he has the dreami pillow between his legs too, he was surprised at how comfy if felt...so i'll have to get him his own i'd say!
    ha ha, imagine...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I got the pampers pack too today, will be grand for the hosp bag, actually how many nappies should we bring in to hosp?
    Seemingly I'm softly snoring too, but thats cause I can't breathe at all at the moment, I slather myself in vicks every night just to make it through. I've now stuck a small soft sofa cushion under my bump and it makes a world of difference to my hip pain, I actually sorta slept through last night!
    Oh and we got a lend of the the Angelcare monitor, but hub is a gadget freak so we have a camera too if we need it..:D

Ginny wrote: »
    I got the pampers pack too today, will be grand for the hosp bag, actually how many nappies should we bring in to hosp?

I've put two or three in my bag for the delivery room, and a full pack of the pampers newborn (not sure how many is in it) in my main hospital bag.
    For anyone that uses the Babybump app, they have a list of stuff you need and it said baby uses 10-12 nappies per day :eek:, so I'm sure a pack will be enough for two days and if i need more, someone will bring them in. I'm sure the hospital won't see you stuck either!

Just had a really bad baby brain moment...my phone was acting up this morning so I turned it off and back on again, only to realise that I had never changed the code on the sim card, as I only got it a few weeks ago and now i can't turn it back on :mad::(:o

The hospital list I got from the midwife at our first antenatal class (which is more reasonable than some) says 2 packs of nappies for general bag & 1 nappy in the labour bag :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    The hospital list I got from the midwife at our first antenatal class (which is more reasonable than some) says 2 packs of nappies for general bag & 1 nappy in the labour bag :)

2 packs??? But even one pack takes up alot of room in your bag.
    I thought I was going to get away with a neat little carry on case, but I was badly mistaken! Sports bag it is!

I must pick up more nappies tho, while OH is great, I think the nappy section of the supermarket would overwhelm him in the first few days. Too much of a selection. I'd probably end up with pull ups for a toddler, coz he thought they'd be easier to use than the sticky tabs!

Girls, TOTALLY off topic here, but i still havent cleaned my wedding dress....
    Its 8 months now.
    Do ye think it will be harder to get it clean now after so long??
    Just rang a place to ask about price she said €120-180...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Two packs? Seriously my bag is fit to burst there is no way in the world another pack is going in there!! Anyway if it's not a section I'll be kept in for three days: no way you use two packets every three days is there??

Also my hubby has been sleeping in spare room for months... Not cuz we don't like eachother or anything but he snores, I don't sleep, I snore too and neither of us were sleeping! Plus i was keeping him awake with puking! So we go to bed together chat watch tv for awhile then he goes away to go to sleep and comes back in the middle of the night... So we're together in the morn again and we are both sleeping that way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

silly wrote: »
    Girls, TOTALLY off topic here, but i still havent cleaned my wedding dress....
    Its 8 months now.
    Do ye think it will be harder to get it clean now after so long??
    Just rang a place to ask about price she said €120-180...

That's what I was quoted too does that include it being boxed up? No idea about been harder to clean but if u find out let me know because mine is currently sitting in the attic... And it has fake tan stains on it too!

cyning wrote: »
    That's what I was quoted too does that include it being boxed up? No idea about been harder to clean but if u find out let me know because mine is currently sitting in the attic... And it has fake tan stains on it too!

Thank god i am not the only one!!! my friend got hers cleaned the following week!!!

The girl said for €180 it will be boxed. So even if it cost that much to clean anyway, you'll ge the box, but if it only costs 120, you will have to pay the 180 to get it boxed.
    My dress has alot of "bling" on the top half - but nothing anywhere else (you can see it on my fb cover photo) so i'm not sure how much it would cost.

I have heard of girls using a soft toothbrush/nail brush with a vanish soap bar on the fake tan stains, and other stains, turning it inside out, putting it into a duvet cover and fecking it into the washing machine on a very delicate wash..
    Was very tempted. even bought the nail brush and the vanish bar.

My wedding dress was a pink silk dress out of monsoon so I'm no use!
    So we go to bed together chat watch tv for awhile then he goes away to go to sleep and comes back in the middle of the night... So we're together in the morn again and we are both sleeping that way!

Does he set his alarm to get up & come back to you or does he just wake up anyway? I'm tempted to do something like this, ie one of us fecks off downstairs just at "lights out". Feck it, that's what I'm doing, I really need sleep now.

Re the nappies, I don't think a newborn is going to produce 10-12 wet/dirty nappies a day in his/her first 3 days. They won't be drinking/eating much for those days, digestive system only getting a kick start, so I'd say just stick with a small pack of nappies for ward bag & only 1 or 2 nappies (in case of meconium disaster - that is some sticky sh1t) for labour bag

Re the nappies, I don't think a newborn is going to produce 10-12 wet/dirty nappies a day in his/her first 3 days. They won't be drinking/eating much for those days, digestive system only getting a kick start, so I'd say just stick with a small pack of nappies for ward bag & only 1 or 2 nappies (in case of meconium disaster - that is some sticky sh1t) for labour bag

i'm bringing one packet.
    no way am i lugging 2 packets in my bag - if i need a second packet, then i'll ask someone to bring it in, hubby, mother, sister..i wont be stuck.

Also my hubby has been sleeping in spare room for months... Not cuz we don't like eachother or anything but he snores, I don't sleep, I snore too and neither of us were sleeping! Plus i was keeping him awake with puking! So we go to bed together chat watch tv for awhile then he goes away to go to sleep and comes back in the middle of the night... So we're together in the morn again and we are both sleeping that way!

Aw that's so cute!
    We used to sleep cuddled up together, but we don't anymore coz it gets uncomfortable for one or the other.

We're going to have to move the bed up against the wall to fit the moses basket at the other side, so I don't have to get out of bed in the middle of the night. I can see this being the cause of a lot of future arguments, when he has to climb over me in the middle of the night!

One of the boss's birthday's in work today and everyone else had cake :( We haven't had cake in the office in months!

kildareash wrote: »
    One of the boss's birthday's in work today and everyone else had cake :( We haven't had cake in the office in months!

Not a nice situation to be in!! Is there an aisle in supermarket that caters for diabetics so you can satisfy a craving but still be good?

Ok another questions. I'm planning to skip over the whole moses basket thing and just put baby straight into the same cot bed he'll be sleeping in til he's 3! My mother in law tells me you can't put them in a cot when they are newborns, they have to go in a moses basket.

Is there any truth to this, are you really supposed to have them in a moses basket for first month at least? I have a pram carry cot but I can't even put proper sheets or mattress in it as it's really for transport or naps.

Not a nice situation to be in!! Is there an aisle in supermarket that caters for diabetics so you can satisfy a craving but still be good?

Ok another questions. I'm planning to skip over the whole moses basket thing and just put baby straight into the same cot bed he'll be sleeping in til he's 3! My mother in law tells me you can't put them in a cot when they are newborns, they have to go in a moses basket.

Is there any truth to this, are you really supposed to have them in a moses basket for first month at least? I have a pram carry cot but I can't even put proper sheets or mattress in it as it's really for transport or naps.

i'm not sure, but i know that there is something about not having a bumper on a cot/crib of a newborn..

Yep I think I'm going to have one pack with me and a pack in the boot of the car for when the first pack gets low!

I do think they can go through a lot more nappies than we think though :)

All those years ago when we first lived together we shared a single bed - we lived in the tiniest flat ever :D and there wasn't a bother on us :) Now I can't see either of us being overly comfy in a single bed on our own no mind together :D

Wedding dresses are far from my expertise & I know it must be nice to get it cleaned but if you are never going to wear it again does it really matter? There would be a little bit of me that would like it showing the great day we had scuff marks and all! You know - thats when your ..... stood on me on the dance floor etc.
    I guess if you hope to pass it on in the future it makes sense :)

Mink - Our midwife last week said it is fine to use a big cot from the start - they will look tiny but there isn't a problem with it. You just have to put them to sleep with their feet touching the bottom of the cot...so they can't wiggle under their blankets.

However, she also said its very important that the baby sleeps in the same room as you for the first 6 months - this is a recommendation from SIDS charities & there is a belief that sometimes babies just forget to breathe but if they can hear you breathe it helps prevent this happening by reminding them to do the same - thats not to say your baby sharing your room prevents SIDS, it doesn't but that's one of their recommendations according to our midwife.

This is why we went for a crib to begin with - bigger & more stable than a moses basket, should last the 6 months (fingers crossed) & fits in our room - a cot just wouldn't fit easily!

Silly is right, I asked midwife about bumpers after she mentioned it & she said that SIDS charities are totally against bumpers at any stage & that cots meet higher safety standards re spacing between bars etc so there is no need for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

I didn't bother with a moses basket on dd. We had the ultima stem travel sy(diff colour) and used the pram cot part for the first few months and baby had plenty of room. We then moved her up to a cradle which we had borrowed from my sister in law. From this she went into a cot. My sis in law has since loaned the cradle to her friend so I'm just going to put new baby into cot and use the mothercare cot divider.

http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-ultima-9-in-1-xcel-chassis-pv-car-seat-city-scape/260348803/type-i/

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/baby-bedding/mothercare-safababy-sleeper/1477403/

Advertisement