Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

kildareash wrote: »
    Met with the diabetic nurse this morn, so I have to test my blood 7 times a day. Before and after meals and before bed. The perimeters are much tighter than they r for a non pregnant person. They pile of new charts that the nurse had was crazy, she even said it herself. Luckily all the testing strips and needles r covered under the long term illness scheme when you're pregnant. Thank god, coz my dad ran out of testing strips one weekend recently and the out of hours chemist were going to charge my mam €45 for the bottle of strips!
    Dreading having to prick myself so many times a day.

Ouch... but look honestly you know after a week or two it will be second nature to you. And because you've seen your dad at it, it's not as bad as someone who knows nothing about testing/diabetes etc. Not that it doesn't completely and utterly suck either don't get me wrong :rolleyes:

Just got my Pamper's kit in the post too.

Feeling better today but god does my poor bump hurt and babs is still a little bit quieter than normal but that's okay too doc warned me she would be for a day or so untill I started to feel better again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    kildareash wrote: »
    Met with the diabetic nurse this morn, so I have to test my blood 7 times a day. Before and after meals and before bed. The perimeters are much tighter than they r for a non pregnant person. They pile of new charts that the nurse had was crazy, she even said it herself. Luckily all the testing strips and needles r covered under the long term illness scheme when you're pregnant. Thank god, coz my dad ran out of testing strips one weekend recently and the out of hours chemist were going to charge my mam €45 for the bottle of strips!
    Dreading having to prick myself so many times a day.

Ouch... but look honestly you know after a week or two it will be second nature to you. And because you've seen your dad at it, it's not as bad as someone who knows nothing about testing/diabetes etc. Not that it doesn't completely and utterly suck either don't get me wrong :rolleyes:

Just got my Pamper's kit in the post too.

Feeling better today but god does my poor bump hurt and babs is still a little bit quieter than normal but that's okay too doc warned me she would be for a day or so untill I started to feel better again.

That's good Cyning, babs is helping you get over the bug too by giving u a few days break from being a punching bag!

I don't really mind doing it, it's better that they are over cautious rather than putting me an the baby through hardship during delivery and possibly after the birth for baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

cyning wrote: »
    Ah WWC1 that's great about your little girl :) although I'm still massively impressed at your self control with your sis in law!

I know, I was delighted it went so well. Memories of my patch and huge glasses and puffing on a ventalin inhalor all set off with a lovely Perdy haircut!!! After 3 boys my mum went a bit nuts on the girlie things when I came along. I had every awful 80's haircut there was. I must have been a very odd looking child!!

I'm quite used to her now. My OH wants her to be Godmother but I have a feeling she'll say no as she has "issues with God"...refused to do a reading at our wedding for this reason. Guess we'll cross that bridge if it happens.

How are you feeling today? Has the tummy improved any bit?
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    WWC1 we have a "friend" like that...she is forever having little digs at one or the other of us to boost her low self esteem! It's sad really but very annoying at the same time :rolleyes:

That's it exactly. Congrats on your recent nuptuals, what a special time for ye right now..a wedding and a baby:) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Tinkerbell life is pretty much the same with an extra contented feeling :) what was lovely was updating my next of kin at my consultant appointment last week! Midwife/nurse was thrilled for us, updated my form & as I was leaving rang maternity to update my details on their computer system :D first thing our consultant said was congratulations as he had noted my new status on my file :)

Thanks WWC1 :) yeah we have lots going on at the moment but all good stuff :D

Mink what's happened this summer you said was on its way ;) still overcast in the west!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink what's happened this summer you said was on its way ;) still overcast in the west!

Its still overcast here in Cork too...
    But i heard its on the way on thursday..
    so fingers crossed we'll get at least a nice weekend out of it.
    my sis says that its supposed to be a scorcher all next week and the bank hol...she is even taking her summer clothes down from the attic...i think she is going a bit over board. and if the nice weather doesnt arrive, i'm blaming her.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

it's sooooooo warm here, I'd much prefer it was sunny rather then the hazy cloudy sun we're having here! I'm melting in the office!
    can't even go out at lunch time to sit on the grass, cause I can't get up again, I'd look like a toppled turtle
    oh it'd be lovely if it was proper nice out this weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My Oh's Mam and Sister came to visit this morning, they brought donuts, there is 3 left in the kitchen calling my name...

"Eat me,your already a fat cow-3 little donuts won't make any difference"

Oh don't get me started I can't stop eating these days!!
    I've put on 17lbs so far, was so pissed off when I went to the Dr! although in my head I'd mixed up Kgs and Lbs and thought I should only have put on 17lbs in total, not the average 2 stone. Husband could not stop laughing when I ranted at him and he explained how wrong I was.......and I have a maths degree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I may have gotten a bit excited :pac:

Well all the forecasts were saying 20 degrees. I think it will be a great weekend... in Leinster anyway:rolleyes:
    Ginny wrote: »
    Oh don't get me started I can't stop eating these days!!
    I've put on 17lbs so far, was so pissed off when I went to the Dr! although in my head I'd mixed up Kgs and Lbs and thought I should only have put on 17lbs in total, not the average 2 stone. Husband could not stop laughing when I ranted at him and he explained how wrong I was.......and I have a maths degree!!

You think that's bad? I'm up a whopping 28.5 lbs, and I'm further behind than you at 30wks. I'm still not 100% sure where it's all going, I'm still fitting my clothes/rings. They're sometimes a little snug and I'm looking a bit round in the face. Though, I'm not a good judge as I have to see myself in the mirror everyday.

I mean I know a lot of it is baby stuff & boobs, but not all 28lbs surely?!

Aww Ginny, where's the Princess Bride photo gone???
    It made me nostalgic!

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    I may have gotten a bit excited :pac:

Well all the forecasts were saying 20 degrees. I think it will be a great weekend... in Leinster anyway:rolleyes:

You think that's bad? I'm up a whopping 28.5 lbs, and I'm further behind than you at 30wks. I'm still not 100% sure where it's all going, I'm still fitting my clothes/rings. They're sometimes a little snug and I'm looking a bit round in the face. Though, I'm not a good judge as I have to see myself in the mirror everyday.

I mean I know a lot of it is baby stuff & boobs, but not all 28lbs surely?!

Im up about this too... gone to my arse and thighs. but I lost if before and I will again, screw it. only have your first pregnancy once

javagal wrote: »
    Im up about this too... gone to my arse and thighs. but I lost if before and I will again, screw it. only have your first pregnancy once

Exactly Javagal! First pregnancy is super special and you have lots more important things to think about like cute baby clothes:)

I'm a chocoholic at the best of times but crikey it's really stepped up a gear in the last few weeks. It's such a comfort foods esp as I'm having some crazy dreams about labour/delivery. Starting to get veeery nervous...

32 weeks today...YUHOO

If you like wispa then the bag of bitsa wispa are yummy!

Icecream is my thing at the moment although I can get through chocolate no bother :D

My sub ran out.....:(
    Ah I know I've been lucky, I lost 2 stone for my wedding and have only put that 17 lbs back on so far, but I could have done with losing 3 for the wedding in the first place, sure I had to do the GTT cause I was "over-weight" boooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi Everyone - hope all are well.

have a question - I sent in my maternity leave application last week - got a letter back today saying acknowledgement of application form - it says they will notify me as soon as a decision is made? Did everyone get this or was it an instant decision?

Man my heartburn is constant and it seems everything down to breakfast ceral seems to cause it! Also getting my usual hayfever but cant take my trays of antihistamines that I usually would!

My god I cant stop eating chocolate and I still have a Mcdonalds big mac every week at least!!!

My Oh has organised a cleaner for us to come once a week - its like living the dream - no housework!!!

I got the same letter and the decision letter a few weeks later

Will pick up those wispa bits first thing tomorrow! Today I've had half a pack of chocolate fingers and a large mint crisp. Having salad for dinner to balance things out (as if)
    Ah feck, now I want a McDonalds. I am actually drooling here thinking about one...

Kiwi I've just had McDonalds for dinner...I'm blaming you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

Yeah tinkerbell it's good to hear the experience, I don't think they're supposed to give it within 4hrs of the birth.

Wow it was hot last night, I woke same time to use the facilities java. Then had to strip off! My dream genie pillow makes me roasting. I just can't win. So tired!

Hopefully putting deposit on a car today. 2003 ford focus for 1500, that's a good deal right? It's got 90k miles on it

That sounds like a great deal - really nice car to drive... We were supposed to be getting a 09 Passat and the previous owner crashed it last week :( it obviously wasn't meant to be!

Finally moving into new house tomorrow :)

Exciting times Trions :) did you buy? We really have to start looking at getting a house!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I just tried to knit a baby sock.... and sent hubby and friends into convulsions because what I *actually* knitted was a wool condom... which sent numerous jokes into is that how I ended up knocked up in the first place :D

Apparently socks need a heel who knew??!!

Trions thats great... :) about the house not the car obviously!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cyning you made my day :D

Ok, you're not allowed talk about sweet things anymore because I can't have them!
    Not off to a great start, because we have no food in the house! At least tomorrow is pay day!

I weighed 2kg lighter today than I did last Friday! But I've out on over a stone since
    My first hospital appt. I hadnt weighed myself in a long time before that so I don't know if i put on much weight in the first trimester or if it was just my hips widening, but for Xmas day I bought a dress from the maternity range to wear!

That's gotta be tough Kildareash not being allowed sweet stuff! At least GD goes away once you have your baby so it's not forever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Sorry I've just had the biggest chocolate eclair ever, but I didn't enjoy it!;)

Robinc wrote: »
    Sorry I've just had the biggest chocolate eclair ever, but I didn't enjoy it!;)

Haha!

I dunno if its just because Im finished college but today i just have this feeling the baby is gonna come early. I dont know why,just something inside me is urging me to go pack the baby clothes in my hospital bag and charge the camera.

Maybe this is my version of nesting

javagal wrote: »
    I dunno if its just because Im finished college but today i just have this feeling the baby is gonna come early. I dont know why,just something inside me is urging me to go pack the baby clothes in my hospital bag and charge the camera.

Maybe this is my version of nesting

maybe it is your bodies way of telling you zoey (sorry if i spelt her name wrong)isn't going to keep u hanging around too long!

Morning all,

Have doc check up this am. Have to get my bloods done again as I'm rhesus negative and they've to keep an eye on it for any furture pregnancies. Will get to hear babs heartbeat too so very excited :-) Forgot to pee into the sample bottle so I'm here drinking galons of water...

I'm rh negative too so have to get bloods done occasionally and will have to get cord blood sample taken after the birth.

Worst sleep ever, OH was really zonked so he snored up a storm and every time I got him to stop, he'd start few mins later. I tried to wallop the bed out of frustration but ended up walloping him, I swear it was an accident! I even shed a few tears haha. Got up twice and sweated like a whore.

I may threaten to sleep in spare room tonight. A baby waking me up will be a different matter, being kept awake by snoring is SO annoying.

I did see the first lot of ducklings today so that made me smile and say Awww out loud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I'm rh negative too so have to get bloods done occasionally and will have to get cord blood sample taken after the birth.

Worst sleep ever, OH was really zonked so he snored up a storm and every time I got him to stop, he'd start few mins later. I tried to wallop the bed out of frustration but ended up walloping him, I swear it was an accident! I even shed a few tears haha. Got up twice and sweated like a whore.

I may threaten to sleep in spare room tonight. A baby waking me up will be a different matter, being kept awake by snoring is SO annoying.

I did see the first lot of ducklings today so that made me smile and say Awww out loud
    My oh is doing that too and freaking me out! I can't tell weather its the baby or himself thats keeping me awake... I suppose it doesn't help that he's one of those people who likes to sleep with a pillow over his face?? Hmmmm tempting!!

Advertisement