Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Ah WWC1 that's great about your little girl :) although I'm still massively impressed at your self control with your sis in law!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Thanks cynings and twomums.

She just got under my skin I guess. There's just so much about natural births, and trying to get numbers down of c sections I'm a bit paranoid, I know it has to be done.

I'm just so terrified of going early and what to do. Bit of a control freak, so I'm at a bit of a loss. Only about 5 r 6 weeks to go! I've already had 2 nights that I was sure I was having contractions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

That's cool re your wee girl WCC1!

Barremic, that midwife doesn't sound very reassuring. Best to bring it up when you're next in with the consultant/doc etc and have them tell you definitively what you're to do.

I've been achey in my belly and hips a lot yesterday and today & felt extra damp down there (sorry if TMI) and I've been toying with the idea that I might be in preterm labour. I'm not though, I wouldn't be sitting her on line after eating a kebab :D But it's very unnerving when you get the really strong brax hicks.
    cyning wrote: »
    Yes, yes I do... ah look only 7 weeks absolute maximum left at the end of the day I am SO used to being sick these days

Good point. God you won't know yourself when you have the baby. You'll probably end up with way more energy and feel amazing as you'll be able to keep your food down! We'll all be knackered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

OMG Mink don't say that!!! I am getting the same sort of pains and other things!!!! Eeeek :eek:

I have 6 weeks to go......:eek:

Bag still not packed

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Oh I can imagine...there seems to be so much agenda pushing going on out there!

C sections exist for a reason...safe delivery of babies that would struggle otherwise! I know they get abused but it shouldn't be assumed that because you ask a question that your c section is not necessary!

If you feel you are having contractions contact your maternity & they will check you out...if you are you will be brought up for your section early :) a friend who needed a section was in early labour for a day because she didn't realise it was mild contractions she was having...when she eventually contacted maternity they brought her in & she had her section in the wee hours of the morning :)

• Advertisement

WWC1 we have a "friend" like that...she is forever having little digs at one or the other of us to boost her low self esteem! It's sad really but very annoying at the same time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

WWC1 glad your little ones eye test went well, something positive in ur day. Like the other girls said she was obviously trying to put her own self esteem on you because you obviously must look great for almost 8 months pregnant!

Cyning, sorry to hear about your tummy bug. Hope it clears quickly.

Barriemc, the midwife sounds horrible. C section is best for you and your baby and don't let anyone make you feel bad about doing what's best.

Just thought today, don't think we have any boards twins in July!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

kildareash wrote: »
    I'm Portlaoise they said u won't be given pethidine if you're going to deliver within the next four hours because of the effect it has on baby.

I'm a bit confused about the epidural at the minute tho, anyone I know that's given birth recently is telling me to get it. One guy said his wife was up walking around not long after giving birth. My feelings have always been to try and last it out till I'm too far gone and then I can't have an epidural. Was thinking about the pethidine till I heard It goes into baby's bloodstream. I thought that wld be enough for me because I can't even take cough bottle that makes u drowsy without being knocked out for a few hours!

When I was in labour with my first ds I wanted to try without epi but i definitly didnt want the pethidine as i was told it goes through to baby.... long story short I eventually got the epi but I think I left it a little late as it didnt work and the anesetist didnt come back for 3 hrs(she wasnt very nice anyway) but the nurse kept asking if i wanted pethidine I said 'no' each time then eventually gave in as she said it was all i could have.... I didnt like it just makes you out of control I delivered 2hrs later and a little while after ds was born he was taken to special care as pethedine had gone through to him I felt so bad especially as I didnt want it in the first place!! On ds2 and now on this pregnancy Ive made sure everyone knows I dont want pethidine ever!! Hope this isnt too much information for any of you, this is rare that happens... second ds I got epi straight away and anesetist was lovely and kept checking on me!!! Hope this is helpful and not scary...

You're right Kildareash we don't have a set of twins in July as far as I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hi ladies,
    how are you?

Alice is kicking like mad this evening.
    I had really intense day at work, I'm glad I'm off tomorrow.

I wanted to keep my annual leave for after maternity but my company does not allow it.
    On the other hand I don't want to come back there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Love the blanket cynin... wish i had the patience to learn!!! You poor thing you havent had it easy stomach bug now 2... hope ur better soon!!!

BH are making my pelvic pain worse got my excercise ball though so hope it works Im on maternity 4 weeks before im due as my 2 dss are on summer hols then, Im glad I chose that now only 6 weeks left:)

Hows married life treating you twomums!:D

Thanks ladies, its nice to have the support :)

WWC1 wrote: »
    I hear you! My ever so tactful sis in law swaned in yesterday, took one look at me and told me I'm ENORMOUS and my boobs are taking over (she knows im super sensitive about having a large chest anyway :(). This coming from a girl 4 stone over weight!!!

not so helpful! Hmmmm it amazes me when people think they are being funny but they are not.....

Does anyone watch grey's anatomy? I've been watching it online and just about to watch the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Notsobusy and mink, im having the exact same symptoms, its gross but i have to wear a pad to stop thinking its my waters!

Finished college today for summer so technically im on my maternity leave. I cannot begin to explain how exhausted i am but i cannot sleep for the life of me . Or i suspect im in such light sleeps i think im awake.

I wake up every single night at 3.22am to pee !so in convinced zoe Will make an appearance then !
    So awesome to see what you all look like on Facebook

I'm Portlaoise they said u won't be given pethidine if you're going to deliver within the next four hours because of the effect it has on baby.

I'm a bit confused about the epidural at the minute tho, anyone I know that's given birth recently is telling me to get it. One guy said his wife was up walking around not long after giving birth. My feelings have always been to try and last it out till I'm too far gone and then I can't have an epidural. Was thinking about the pethidine till I heard It goes into baby's bloodstream. I thought that wld be enough for me because I can't even take cough bottle that makes u drowsy without being knocked out for a few hours!

When I was in labour with my first ds I wanted to try without epi but i definitly didnt want the pethidine as i was told it goes through to baby.... long story short I eventually got the epi but I think I left it a little late as it didnt work and the anesetist didnt come back for 3 hrs(she wasnt very nice anyway) but the nurse kept asking if i wanted pethidine I said 'no' each time then eventually gave in as she said it was all i could have.... I didnt like it just makes you out of control I delivered 2hrs later and a little while after ds was born he was taken to special care as pethedine had gone through to him I felt so bad especially as I didnt want it in the first place!! On ds2 and now on this pregnancy Ive made sure everyone knows I dont want pethidine ever!! Hope this isnt too much information for any of you, this is rare that happens... second ds I got epi straight away and anesetist was lovely and kept checking on me!!! Hope this is helpful and not scary...

Not scary at all, just informative thanks for sharing.

Yeah tinkerbell it's good to hear the experience, I don't think they're supposed to give it within 4hrs of the birth.

Wow it was hot last night, I woke same time to use the facilities java. Then had to strip off! My dream genie pillow makes me roasting. I just can't win. So tired!

Hopefully putting deposit on a car today. 2003 ford focus for 1500, that's a good deal right? It's got 90k miles on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Mink wrote: »
    Hopefully putting deposit on a car today. 2003 ford focus for 1500, that's a good deal right? It's got 90k miles on it

That sounds good, 90K is about average milage for that year car, so its good!
    Did you check if it has Isofix?

I had the epi with my daughter 11 years ago. I could still feel her being born. I did get a few stitches, but I will be asking for it again if i have time. But i have a feeling that this is going to be a fast birth. I also have a bad feeling that its going to be quite traumatic..like i think i might give birth in the car on the the way to the hospital, or that i will have to have an emergency section or...i dunno, I just feel like i'll have some story to tell afterwards.

silly wrote: »
    That sounds good, 90K is about average milage for that year car, so its good!
    Did you check if it has Isofix?

I had the epi with my daughter 11 years ago. I could still feel her being born. I did get a few stitches, but I will be asking for it again if i have time. But i have a feeling that this is going to be a fast birth. I also have a bad feeling that its going to be quite traumatic..like i think i might give birth in the car on the the way to the hospital, or that i will have to have an emergency section or...i dunno, I just feel like i'll have some story to tell afterwards.

I don't know how to tell if it has isofix :o We have a belt in car seat at the moment, car seats scare me. I'd really have to go to Tony Kealy's with the new car and suss it out.

I hope your birth is memorable for good reasons!

I'm really hoping the stork visits me and leaves a delightful bundle in a moses basket on my doorstep. That'd be something to talk about!

I'm really hoping the stork visits me and leaves a delightful bundle in a moses basket on my doorstep. That'd be something to talk about!

Isn't that what happens????

Got the pampers pack this morn. It's great to get anything for free but I thought it was going to be more.

There's 8 newborn, size 1 nappies and a small pack of wipes but they are infused with camomile and something else. There was also a money off voucher for any pampers product.

Got the pampers pack this morn. It's great to get anything for free but I thought it was going to be more.

There's 8 newborn, size 1 nappies and a small pack of wipes but they are infused with camomile and something else. There was also a money off voucher for any pampers product.

Free things are great.
    I got an information pack in the CUMH, and there was a voucher for a free pack of huggies newborn nappies(x27) in supervalu. Will 27 be enough to pack into hospital bag!? Surely baby wont go through more than that in the first 2 days?

• Advertisement

silly wrote: »

Free things are great.
    I got an information pack in the CUMH, and there was a voucher for a free pack of huggies newborn nappies(x27) in supervalu. Will 27 be enough to pack into hospital bag!? Surely baby wont go through more than that in the first 2 days?

I put a couple in the labour bag and a pack of the pampers in my ward bag. Never minded how many was in it. Just read on the baby bump app in the hospital list bit that baby will use 10-12 nappies a day.
    27 sounds kike enough to me but I'm sure you'll have a spare few packs at home that you're OH cld bring in if u start running low rather than loading up your bag with stuff u might not use.

I think baby is trying to chip the top of my left rib. They're not playing fair this morn!

I put a couple in the labour bag and a pack of the pampers in my ward bag. Never minded how many was in it. Just read on the baby bump app in the hospital list bit that baby will use 10-12 nappies a day.
    27 sounds kike enough to me but I'm sure you'll have a spare few packs at home that you're OH cld bring in if u start running low rather than loading up your bag with stuff u might not use.

I think baby is trying to chip the top of my left rib. They're not playing fair this morn!

I see you say "put" which means you have your bag already packed...i really have to start.
    I will put the 27 pack into my bag, and put 2 of them into my labour bag. There is a tesco across the road from the hospital so hubby can get some there if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I got my pampers kit as well this morning, and I thought it was a bit mean to be honest - not really sure how free can be mean, but hey, i'm pregnant and unreasonable :) When you compare it to the eumom pack, it's positively dismal.

I'm looking for a ford focus as well, but i need an estate version - i hate car shopping, it makes me feel so stupid!

I just bought a second hand jeep and I spent 3 months looking for one!! Well worth the time though as I ended up getting a cracking deal on it!

Ford focus's are brilliant, I had an estate version but my mum crashed it last year on me!

notsobusy wrote: »
    I just bought a second hand jeep and I spent 3 months looking for one!! Well worth the time though as I ended up getting a cracking deal on it!

Ford focus's are brilliant, I had an estate version but my mum crashed it last year on me!

What did you get Notsobusy..??
    I used to drive a jeep for a living, and i miss my jeep soooo much, would love one! I have a 05 Astra at the moment, and it will have to do for the time being..even though its a bit ill at the moment.

Was driving behind a Kia Sportage yesterday and my 11 yr old said "mom, how good would we look in that?"...

Ladies, for anyone thinking of buying a ford focus. I cannot recommend them highly enough.
    I had one for a few years before I wrote it off last year, I was trying to get another but Cldnt afford to put the same year back on the road so had to go for something else.

When OH was in hospital, I was doing unbelievable mileage and it never once let me down. Last year, I went over a ditch and the car turned over and landed upside down but I didn't have a scratch. I was devastated that it was wrote off.
    In short, they r safe and reliable!

I have them mostly packed, but I still have a few bits to get. It was more for organisations sake just putting stuff in my bag as I got it, rather than wondering in a few weeks time where did I put such and such!

Kash wrote: »
    I got my pampers kit as well this morning, and I thought it was a bit mean to be honest - not really sure how free can be mean, but hey, i'm pregnant and unreasonable :) When you compare it to the eumom pack, it's positively dismal.

Got mine too, and was disappointed as well, not see what I expected but they really hype it up on their website.

So I went in and unpacked some of the stuff I've gotten already, everything was double boxed, some amount of packaging! I want to get familiar with the steriliser and bottles etc.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/grandmother-claire-to-the-rescue-with-back-seat-baby-delivery-194694.html

This is exactly what i can see happening me!!
    i actually know the guy,as he delivers to where i work..
    Must have been very scary....

Ladies, for anyone thinking of buying a ford focus. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Oh that's a relief to hear. We've always driven Toyotas and have been total Toyota snobs. In fairness my 97 Toyota Carina has not let me down in the 6yrs I've had her, but she is well past her sell-by date. My mechanic, after a LOT of attempts to get parts, said either do an engine rebuild or get a new car!

I would have liked another Toyota but there were literally none in my price range.

I'd love a jeepy thing but the car tax would annihilate me, it was high on the Carina, it being a 1.8. This one I'm probably getting is a 1.6 so there'll still be a bit of oomph in the engine but it'll be a bit cheaper to run.

Cos I'm getting a good deal on this car, I'll have nearly 1/2 of my small loan left over to tuck into savings for emergency cash while on mat leave. Then when I go back to work hopefully there'll be a chunk left and I can put it toward paying off the loan (she says while imagining all the things she can buy).

• Advertisement

Oh that's a relief to hear. We've always driven Toyotas and have been total Toyota snobs. In fairness my 97 Toyota Carina has not let me down in the 6yrs I've had her, but she is well past her sell-by date. My mechanic, after a LOT of attempts to get parts, said either do an engine rebuild or get a new car!

I would have liked another Toyota but there were literally none in my price range.

I'd love a jeepy thing but the car tax would annihilate me, it was high on the Carina, it being a 1.8. This one I'm probably getting is a 1.6 so there'll still be a bit of oomph in the engine but it'll be a bit cheaper to run.

Cos I'm getting a good deal on this car, I'll have nearly 1/2 of my small loan left over to tuck into savings for emergency cash while on mat leave. Then when I go back to work hopefully there'll be a chunk left and I can put it toward paying off the loan (she says while imagining all the things she can buy).

Lucky you, I have to see if I can get a pause on my car loan for a few months. Otherwise by the time I've paid everything, I'll have something like €20 a month to live on and that doesn't include contributing to the mortgage or food shopping!

Met with the diabetic nurse this morn, so I have to test my blood 7 times a day. Before and after meals and before bed. The perimeters are much tighter than they r for a non pregnant person. They pile of new charts that the nurse had was crazy, she even said it herself. Luckily all the testing strips and needles r covered under the long term illness scheme when you're pregnant. Thank god, coz my dad ran out of testing strips one weekend recently and the out of hours chemist were going to charge my mam €45 for the bottle of strips!
    Dreading having to prick myself so many times a day.

Advertisement