Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Scram wrote: »
    rofl thats a great way to describe em. I started using c4 recently is lightweight and great fun but its explosive stuff!!

nothing better than sneaking round to a tank and sticking c4 on it and running like **** and pressing the button!

Correction: Nothing better than sneaking behind Fuzzy_Dunlops tank! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Correction: Nothing better than sneaking behind Fuzzy_Dunlops tank! :D

haha true

been messing with c4 earlier, where you have snippers prone not knowing ur behind them, dropping c4 packs and running and blowing em up, its great fun lol.

Oh yeah i enjoy doing that. What you do next is run in front of them, then they get up and boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Here we go again :rolleyes:
    They're not going to get antsy about a novelty night.

Just calling it out JT...EA have the power to take our server offline etc.
    Maybe if you actually acted as a a proper serveradmin then you'd know about this instead of popping on once a month and taking credit for all the work the rest of us are doing and dissing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

• Advertisement

ah he's not biting today :(

Replicating the Boards BF3 League maps in advance of Sunday's game
    Craggy vs TIG

Maps are as follows.
    All are x 2 rounds.

Conquest:
    Bazaar/Seine/Karkand

Rush:
    Kharg/Damavand/Sharqi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Is anyone else here affected by the latest punk buster fault , every time I join a server that uses punk buster for the last few days I get kicked out immediately :( thousands of people are affected online ,
    i just tried to join craggy island and i got kcked before the game even started :mad:

Try downloading pbsetup from punkbuster site and running it manually...normally fixes these issues
    just download. install and add BF3 and click on update...it will download the latest pb updates

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Anyone else having trouble finding/joining the server? I can see all the lads playing but I cant join and when I click on the server itself it says it doesn't exist!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone else having trouble finding/joining the server? I can see all the lads playing but I cant join and when I click on the server itself it says it doesn't exist!

Yep same here--page doesnt exist--404 error.

Yeah..it looks like switching it to Rush introduced the 3rd person bug...
    and this also caused the craggy server to reject any more incoming players...
    Had to do a reboot to sort it out...all back to normal now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭SniperPaddy

Blazer wrote: »
    ah he's not biting today :(

Nope, Jay :)

You're the biggest troller on boards with your three other identities ;)

Yeah..it looks like switching it to Rush introduced the 3rd person bug...
    and this also caused the craggy server to reject any more incoming players...
    Had to do a reboot to sort it out...all back to normal now :)

Here's a notice from the Craggy provider.

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

This was supposed to be fixed for the R19 revision but nothing is perfect.
    I suggest that if you are taking too long to load, then exit out of BF3 and re-enter. That way, you won't poison our memory allocation.

Here's a notice from the Craggy provider.

When a player begins the process of joining a server, the server will begin buffering some kinds of information in anticipation of the player completing the loading & joining phase. However, players sometimes get stuck in the loading screen. This makes the server buffer more and more info for that player. A side effect of this is a temporary resource leak in the game server. The leak is immediately restored if the server changes map, or the player completes loading, or the player shuts down the game client. However if a player manages to remain stuck for 30+ minutes in loading on a server with lots of activity and the server doesn’t end the round, then the server could run out of the particular resource – it would then crash.

This was supposed to be fixed for the R19 revision but nothing is perfect.
    I suggest that if you are taking too long to load, then exit out of BF3 and re-enter. That way, you won't poison our memory allocation.

Sure in fairness who's going to spend 30 mins waiting for a map to load unless they're complete morons.
    Wait...we have a few Clare and Tipp heads in Craggy don't we? Scratch that then ;)

LOL. You're in fine form today Jay.
    Sounds like you got your jollies last night...... the five fingered kind :eek:

LOL. You're in fine form today Jay.
    Sounds like you got your jollies last night...... the five fingered kind :eek:

Hey...at least I was awake for it....rumour has it that some newbie swimmer who you were training outswam you yesterday and sent you to bed early ;)

Hey...at least I was awake for it....rumour has it that some newbie swimmer who you were training outswam you yesterday and sent you to bed early ;)

Good try ;)

While he was taking breaks, I was continuing to swim.
    It's all about distance and pacing but you wouldn't understand that since you walked half YOUR marathon :p

Sure in fairness who's going to spend 30 mins waiting for a map to load unless they're complete morons.
    Wait...we have a few Clare and Tipp heads in Craggy don't we? Scratch that then ;)

Nah even us Clare boys get bored after 20 min

Nah even us Clare boys get bored after 20 min

20 mins for visual effects to reach the brain??...ye clare boys are getting smarter every year ;)

• Advertisement

20 mins for visual effects to reach the brain??...ye clare boys are getting smarter every year ;)

even better 20 mins for it to reach the brain and make a reaction:D so its 10 min to get in and 10 min to get out :pac:

even better 20 mins for it to reach the brain and make a reaction:D so its 10 min to get in and 10 min to get out :pac:

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Oh yeah i enjoy doing that. What you do next is run in front of them, then they get up and boom!

u fecking terrorist, u joined a server last night i was on yesterday(AUK). I remember driving a tank i seen u with ur c4 and got yah. 2 mins laters u got me, planted the c4 and ran and boom! Then you left the server!

Thats pure evil lol! I laughed so hard at that was pure awesomeness.

Scram wrote: »
    u fecking terrorist, u joined a server last night i was on yesterday(AUK). I remember driving a tank i seen u with ur c4 and got yah. 2 mins laters u got me, planted the c4 and ran and boom! Then you left the server!

Thats pure evil lol! I laughed so hard at that was pure awesomeness.

He's pretty awesome. Now he's paired up with the other terrorist CapaillMor for the scrim.

Hahaha! Believe me that wasn't by choice. It was the stupid punk buster quitting thing. It does sound like a good plan though. Any time your playing im just gonna join, c4 you once and then leave :)

@SniperPaddy Yeah that will be interesting Jihad shít everywhere! I'll turn the whole boards Delta Squad into terrorists!

lads has the craggy island server changed its name ?? :confused: it was in my favourites but its gone now and i cant find it in the server list :(

lads has the craggy island server changed its name ?? :confused: it was in my favourites but its gone now and i cant find it in the server list :(

try refreshing your browser..it went down last thurs and it disappeared...once you refresh it came back

what do you mean by refresh the browser ?? just refresh the page is it ?? ie F5 ???? tried that no difference ??

what do you mean by refresh the browser ?? just refresh the page is it ?? ie F5 ???? tried that no difference ??

that's really weird..it's up and running as I just came off it...can you try via a mate on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Good games tonight.
    Comeback of the year !!! Down by 150 tickets at least, and we came back :D

Advertisement