Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRAGGY-ISLAND MAP VOTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Funny **** tonight myself and Jigsaw getting raped by Plaguemarine, the vengeance kicked in and we were determined to find him and give snipers the only respect they deserve.....The Knife!!

We found him and i knifed him and someone else, Plaguey respawned and went right back to where he was, me and jigsaw on comms stood behind him deciding who got to knife him the 2nd time :D

Sweet jesus his rifle has a kdjac mode, he just finds me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

if u ever want to say "hey plague, thanks for the tags" just as you stick the knife in... come craggy TS as he lives there.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

CI seems empty most times:( i look every evening, hope theres a good few of you on later!

bloody hell that game earlier with 4 v 5 on karland..(it grew to 7 v 7) i **** myself when i seen the teams, but wow that was one of the best games ever in BF3.

At point B i thought i knew theres someone on the roof so i went up the ladder expecting to be killed before i got to the top, god was i wrong, 2 snipers lying down and 2 knife kills (yeah plaguemarine! curse u and ur sniper skills)

Great game all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Yeah that was a great round, we'd take back g,f and e go for c or d and find we'd lost g,f and e again./

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Yeah it was intense ..just go go go

The battle over E, F an G was brillent..they just wouldnt let us keep them.

Great round!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Looking forward to kicking Mickfitz's @ss when he's next in the air.
    Normally I dominate the air but he handed me my @ss last night in a F35...of course once I saw exactly how he was set up I did likewise and handed it back :D
    Poor kittenrescue..the F35 is lethal to choppers...must have killed him about 10 times last night before he gave up flying and went for tanks :D

have to stop playing on friday nights, it starts so well :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Class rounds tonight lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Scram wrote: »
    CI seems empty most times:( i look every evening, hope theres a good few of you on later!

thats it !! :( its my favourite server but it rarely has anyone in it , is there set times that ye go on it lads or what ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

thats it !! :( its my favourite server but it rarely has anyone in it , is there set times that ye go on it lads or what ???

Have you joined the squad yet? http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391306744533/

Basically, when enough of the squad members are all on at the same time - we head over together and start it up. You are also welcome to join team speak.

The thing about BF3 is. with all these assignments and unlocks, some people are spending a lot of time still trying to get them - and sometimes that's easier to get hopping around on different servers - ones with instant vehicle spawn for example - or 24 hour metro for other things.

BF3 is a stayer of a game though - so i recon once we all have the guns we want etc... we can start forming proper squads.

yankinlk wrote: »
    Have you joined the squad yet? http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391306744533/

Basically, when enough of the squad members are all on at the same time - we head over together and start it up. You are also welcome to join team speak.

The thing about BF3 is. with all these assignments and unlocks, some people are spending a lot of time still trying to get them - and sometimes that's easier to get hopping around on different servers - ones with instant vehicle spawn for example - or 24 hour metro for other things.

BF3 is a stayer of a game though - so i recon once we all have the guns we want etc... we can start forming proper squads.

ya im a memeber for a while now my user name is Fianoglach_Airm , have most of the weapons unlocked at this stage so im good to go , as for team speak, i have never used it , how does that work ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I'm used to this from my BF2 days, what we used to do was run karkand 32 size. Karkand is great in that its still good craic even with 2v2 and people tend to join when its a server they know with people they know and its running karkand.

Our server will start filling up after about half an hour. Then by round 2 (we had every map set to 2 rounds ) we'd have a full server.

as for team speak, i have never used it , how does that work ???

very easy to use...download from here http://teamspeak.com/

install.
    Once installed click on user (arrow tab) and type your name.
    In server, call it craggy and address is

teamspeak3.i3d.net:10447

PS. Please use push button to talk rather than voice activated as it's too sensitive and means you're constantly transmitting.

cheers blazer , any particular headset you can recommend ??

go go a few ppl on now! need more!

Scram wrote: »
    go go a few ppl on now! need more!

i would but im not near my pc at the moment :(

cheers blazer , any particular headset you can recommend ??

all depends on how much you want to spend :)
    I wouldn't bother with the surround headsets..basically most of them are a load of bollix...
    I'm using a Sennheisser PC360 (about €150) and using CMSS within my soundcard (x-fi) so that gives emulates surround sound and I have to admit...it's pretty awesome...headset is fantastic as well...extremely comfortable.

Tell us your budget and we'll recommend that best bang for buck :)

Brillant game on Craggy late last night ..

We were down to 1 ticket - opposite team on 25 tickets and we held out to win... absolute classic... teamspeak was hilarious :-)

What is the craggy team speak server lads? I must hop on sometime for the craic.

• Advertisement

Should be on the below link

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...SH-BF3-Server/

I'm in work today and link is blocked so I cant do a direct copy for ya.

Ah its on the platoon page, didn't think of looking there. Thanks!

Last night aswell .. twice I caught lads out..

I mentioned over teamspeak that I had planted c4 on the tank @ flag whatever... knowing that the driver was on teamspeak... watching from the grass as they jump out and run for cover...

Thanks for the tank lads ...cheerybye!

Blazer wrote: »
    all depends on how much you want to spend :)
    I wouldn't bother with the surround headsets..basically most of them are a load of bollix...
    I'm using a Sennheisser PC360 (about €150) and using CMSS within my soundcard (x-fi) so that gives emulates surround sound and I have to admit...it's pretty awesome...headset is fantastic as well...extremely comfortable.

Tell us your budget and we'll recommend that best bang for buck :)

im only using a set of BOSE earplugs while playing to be honest , although it does give a creepy surround sound effect in some maps , when your sitting in a dark room and you hear a creak behind you , nearly shat myself one night :p
    €150 they are pricey enough , my budget would only be around 80 -100 max
    and i would prefer something light and not overly cumbersome but most importantly ones i wont have to keep adjusting on my head , i dont know i might be looking for too much for that money :confused: but what do you recommend

I'm using the G35 logitech they were around 75euros at the time .. brillant headset and work off usb

Blazer doesnt rate them..but then again he knows nothing ;)

Free standing USB desktop mic and Sennheiser headphones for me.

If you have the space for the USB mic, you can just focus on decent headphones rather than a head set.

MR DAZ wrote: »
    I'm using the G35 logitech they were around 75euros at the time .. brillant headset and work off usb

Blazer doesnt rate them..but then again he knows nothing ;)

bah to usb headsets...I'd take a low end x-fi over them any day :D

do you have onboard sound or a dedicated soundcard?
    Onboard then yes go for the logitechs, if an x-fi obviously just a stereo headset..

Blazer wrote: »
    bah to usb headsets...I'd take a low end x-fi over them any day :D

do you have onboard sound or a dedicated soundcard?
    Onboard then yes go for the logitechs, if an x-fi obviously just a stereo headset..

Im being told by my Pc that i have an
    AMD HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE "
    i assume thats just onboard sound ya ????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Im being told by my Pc that i have an
    AMD HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE "
    i assume thats just onboard sound ya ????

Thats your graphics card.

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote: »
    Thats your graphics card.

is it ?? my graphics card is an Radeon ATI HD 6870 Vapor-x is that just telling me the sound part of the graphics card or what ???

Advertisement